Big Turn Out for Voluntary Workouts Today

17 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Kim Jones @KimJonesSports

My understanding: The #NYJ had more than 80 players show up today in Florham Park for the voluntary start of Phase Two of the offseason program. Coach Robert Saleh has to be thrilled. (And I'm pretty sure he is.) #NYJets

Second phase – one week (May 17 to May 21)

• Virtual meetings
  • On-field drills with coaches per CBA rules – no contact/teaching pace

Third phase – four weeks (May 24 to June 18)

• Traditional OTAs (10 days) – full speed but no contact
  • In-person or virtual meetings
  • Includes mandatory minicamp

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-players/2021-nfl-offseason-program/

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

It would not surprise me to hear that Zach called or texted every player and saying he hoped they were there. 80 in attendance is beyond awesome. This time is different I can feel it.

It would surprise me.  Zach shouldn't say sht to any vet until he earns their respect.  I doubt he's stupid enough to have dared tell anyone to show up.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

It would surprise me.  Zach shouldn't say sht to any vet until he earns their respect.  I doubt he's stupid enough to have dared tell anyone to show up.

Seriously? He is the starting QB of the Jets. He should reach out to every player on the team.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Pac said:

Yeah you know cause our Vets have accomplished so much who would dare tell that bunch to actually show up for such workouts.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Kim Jones @KimJonesSports

My understanding: The #NYJ had more than 80 players show up today in Florham Park for the voluntary start of Phase Two of the offseason program. Coach Robert Saleh has to be thrilled. (And I'm pretty sure he is.) #NYJets

watch there probley going to rush zac wilson right in to the starting line up like they did with Sam darnold

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

It would not surprise me to hear that Zach called or texted every player and saying he hoped they were there. 80 in attendance is beyond awesome. This time is different I can feel it.

This is next level homer - the likes not seen since the days of penningtology right after the turn of the millennium in the fallen kingdom formerly known as JI. 

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

This is all, quite frankly amazing. No astounding. Do I sense a little backlash from the players against the NFLPA , which has been advocating players not show up for these early voluntary workouts?

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, JetsFanShawn said:

watch there probley going to rush zac wilson right in to the starting line up like they did with Sam darnold

Yeah, they should definitely start the veteran backup, Morgan.

• Haha 2