Rank-a-Bust (Sanchez v. Geno v. Darnold)

Rank-a-Bust  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you rank #1 (best) of the 3?

2. 2. Who do you rank #2 of the 3?

3. 3. Who do you rank #3 (worst) of the 3?

On 5/18/2021 at 6:55 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

The real bust were the Jet GMs for these QBs. 

They didn't surround their QBs with talent and to make it worse they surrounded all 3 with absolute dog crap on offense. 

Sanchez was coming off two back to back AFC Championship games and what did our GM Tanny do? Strips him of his WRs and force feeds him washed up Mason and Plaxico; and that was the END of a young Sanchez. 

Sam Darnold? It was criminal. The RBs WRs TEs and O-Line were drop dead disgusting; it was criminal what our GMs did to Sam (yes, JD included). 

These QBs weren't busts; our Front Office was. 

Agreed, but I don't see how you can add JD to that list of bad GM's. He drafted Mims, and several o-linemen to help Sam who was already done in by the pi$$ poor HC Adam Gase.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The real bust were the Jet GMs for these QBs.  They didn't surround their QBs with talent and to make it worse they surrounded all 3 with absolute dog crap on offense.  Sanchez was coming of

nuking a dead horse from orbit.

Reasons Sam Darnold is a bust: Drafted 3rd overall, including a trade up of 3 2nd round picks. Leagues worst QB over 3 years in DVOA and DYAR Leagues 2nd worst QB over 3 years wh

Posted Images

On 5/21/2021 at 11:49 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

You mean an OL like the one that looked fine with Joe Flacco under center?  That OL?  

60 %.  That's a fun dream world to live in, I suppose.  

You know who was a stud behind the # 32 OL in the NFL last season?  Justin Herbert.  

I'm not arguing ... I didn't like Darnold coming out of college ... mainly because he threw too many ints in college.  That and ... USC.   But there is no denying the physical ability.  And you cannot really say he was put into a situation to succeed whatsoever , given Gase, the Hobbitt and the dearth of talent ... I dare anyone to say otherwise.

But ... no need to debate it ... I think it will become clear by early October.

Sanchez is by far a bigger bust then Darnold and its not close. Really when you look at top 10 QB's that busted he may have been put in the best situation since Big Ben got drafted to the Steelers and still found a way to suck. 

If you really think about the situation Sanchez was placed in it had to be one of the best developmental spots in the NFL. We had an amazing Oline and one of the best running games in the league. Our Defense was amazing he had weapons. Edwards, Holmes and Keller was a great group. 

Out of the 20-30 draft bust QB's since then I would have to think that was one of the best situations a first round QB was in and just completely busted. Darnold historically was given one of the worst supporting cast I could remember. 

I am just hoping we surround Zach with what we gave Sanchez or better. 

giphy.gif.e42d3bc39b5be31d1fe6f29adb5ea012.gifgiphy-1.gif.8d2243f1fb0690597e33640f36bf5695.gif

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

good thing he has 17 games to make you all look dumb.

Then you must agree he has made his defenders look super mega dumb over 38 games.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1