Jump to content

Dan Campbell wants a live Lion at Detroit's practices.


Recommended Posts

Campbell said that he’d like the lion to play a role in letting a position group know they were underperforming by training it to “take a dump right there in the middle of where their section is” during a bad practice.

giphy.gif

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should have a real Jet at our practices.

The texans say hello

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Campbell said that he’d like the lion to play a role in letting a position group know they were underperforming by training it to “take a dump right there in the middle of where their section is” during a bad practice.

giphy.gif

 

What the actual fugg lol

Here's an interview with that toy company's president

 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2021 at 3:30 PM, jgb said:

Once I found a black widow under a mat at a driving range. Big, nasty, shiny MFer. I immediately killed it. I was harangued by two young ladies who witnessed this and accused of cruel, unenlightened behavior. I told them I killed it because I love humanity and now I don't have to feel guilty when some kid gets bit. 

I can personally attest to Black Widow bites REALLY sucking. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I can personally attest to Black Widow bites REALLY sucking. 

Oh dude I got bit by a brown recluse and it looks like a small caliber bullet  wound. Never even seen the little mfer. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Oh dude I got bit by a brown recluse and it looks like a small caliber bullet  wound. Never even seen the little mfer. 

That's worse than the Black Widow bite I had, you can die from them not so much from a Black Widow. Not that I would like to get bit again. My rattlesnake bite was much worse and almost killed me.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

That's worse than the Black Widow bite I had, you can die from them not so much from a Black Widow. Not that I would like to get bit again. My rattlesnake bite was much worse and almost killed me.

Spiders, snakes - where the hell are you hanging out? 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

That's worse than the Black Widow bite I had, you can die from them not so much from a Black Widow. Not that I would like to get bit again. My rattlesnake bite was much worse and almost killed me.

Rattlesnake ? WTF dude? Where you live? I was at lake house in the Shenandoah, old Pepsi crate on wall in shed I put stuff in. Reached in and bam!! Thought a wasp got me, knew that wasn’t it in 2 hours.  Went to friend at Rangers station, told me what it was. Damn thing was like a diabetic ulcer on the feet. Brutal. No allergic type stuff but bitch left a wound. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Rattlesnake ? WTF dude? Where you live? I was at lake house in the Shenandoah, old Pepsi crate on wall in shed I put stuff in. Reached in and bam!! Thought a wasp got me, knew that wasn’t it in 2 hours.  Went to friend at Rangers station, told me what it was. Damn thing was like a diabetic ulcer on the feet. Brutal. No allergic type stuff but bitch left a wound. 

Yeah I was like 5 or 6 at my aunt and uncles house in the woods of upstate NY, place called Eldred lake. I was on the porch and saw this smallish snake go into my cousins playpen. I went into the playpen got the snake and threw it into the yard. Like 10 mins later, I was in this rocking chair and I feel this sharp pain in the back of my leg and look down and that snake came back and it was like attached to my leg. Ambled up to the screen door and announced I had just been bitten by a snake. Don't remember much past that really. Later told it was a baby rattlesnake which can inject more venom, and I almost died getting to the hospital (it was like 20 or more miles of backwoods roads away) and then the anti-venom almost killed me.  I am NOT fond of snakes but if I got bit again it might not affect me.

Black Widow bit me in my bed in San Diego of all things.

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah I was like 5 or 6 at my aunt and uncles house in the woods of upstate NY, place called Eldred lake. I was on the porch and saw this smallish snake go into my cousins playpen. I went into the playpen got the snake and threw it into the yard. Like 10 mins later, I was in this rocking chair and I feel this sharp pain in the back of my leg and look down and that snake came back and it was like attached to my leg. Ambled up to the screen door and announced I had just been bitten by a snake. Don't remember much past that really. Later told it was a baby rattlesnake which can inject more venom, and I almost died getting to the hospital (it was like 20 or more miles of backwoods roads away) and then the anti-venom almost killed me.  I am NOT fond of snakes but if I got bit again it might not affect me.

Black Widow bit me in my bed in San Diego of all things.

Rattlesnake in Upstate NY? Holy hell, remind me to never hang out with you! Haha 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2021 at 9:01 AM, JTJet said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/18/dan-campbell-i-would-love-to-have-a-pet-lion-at-practice/

Dan Campbell is a national treasure. I could listen to this guys thoughts all day. Hopefully one day after what will surely be a trainwreck in DET he becomes our TEs coach lol. 

Somebody  call Caroll Baskin

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Rattlesnake in Upstate NY? Holy hell, remind me to never hang out with you! Haha 

Oh, there are rattlesnakes in downstate New York too.  I was hiking in Orange County about an hour's drive from NYC with some buddies when me and one friend got ahead of the other two.  Suddenly my late brother and our other friend came running up as pale as the dead and shouting in unison.  "I ALMOST GOT BIT BY A RATTLESNAKE!"

Me - being a know it all - calmly said "that is not too likely."  "What did it look like?" 

IT WAS FIVE FEET LONG AND BRIGHT NEON GREEN! Bellowed by the two of them in creepy unison. 

I calmly stated with great certainty :  "The only Rattlesnakes in New York are Timber Rattlesnakes.  They are not green and are quite rare."  Nor are there any snakes that are bright green around here.  You guys saw a snake and freaked out.  Calm down. 

Well, we continue on our hike with both of them sticking to their story.  When we went down the mountain and came back through the area both of them shouted in unison (no kidding): "THERE IS THE RATTLESNAKE UNDER THAT ROCK!"

And lo and behold, there was a five foot long bright neon green snake under the rock.  Flummoxed, I stated with diminishing certainty:  "Well, it's not a rattlesnake because Timber Rattlesnakes are NOT green."

My buddy Matt, not known for a timid nature, says:  "Oh yeah, I will F@CK with it!" and he grabs a long stick (10"+ feet) and - as I told him "do not harm it" - it suddenly shakes its rattle with great menace.  In a "time to eat crow" moment I was not permitted to forget - ever - Matt then yelled "WELL WHAT DO YOU SAY NOW!"

I replied, look, "that sure looks like a Rattlesnake, but Timber Rattlesnakes are not green and they are New York's only rattlesnakes.   I do not know what that is but lets move."

When we got home, I grabbed the nature books - my folks have a large library of such things - and looked up the Timber Rattlesnake.  Sure enough, there it was nice and brown.  But in a small corner of the main photograph there was a smaller photo and in that photo the snake was BRIGHT NEON GREEN. 

It turns out that when New York's Timber Rattlesnake comes out of its burrow after hibernating, it is bright green for a few days.  

True story.  And I miss my brother.

The Timber Rattler | Reptilia

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was young and stupid my friends and I would go through the tunnels on the side of the mountains in piermont right on the Hudson. Some of those tunnels are so dark and you can’t see sh*t one time all we could hear was a rattling sound. We got to the end of the tunnel and at the end was a ******* copperhead blocking where we could climb up so we had to walk past the rattling snake and climb down the side of the mountain. sh*t was scary af

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

🤣 Oh yeah! BP is just the type of player the “Lion Tamer” will love! 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2021/05/20/breshad-perriman-detroit-lions-receivers/5187413001/?itm_source=AMP&itm_medium=UpNext


Breshad Perriman had the best season of his NFL career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2019, when he got the one thing he should have plenty of in Detroit: opportunity.

Perriman, a first-round pick by the Baltimore Ravens in 2015, played most of his one season in Tampa as the team's No. 3 receiver.

But when Mike Evans and Chris Godwin missed time with injuries late in the year, Perriman moved up the depth chart and produced for the first time like many thought he would coming out of Central Florida.

He had what was then a career-high 87 yards receiving in an early December win over Jacksonville, and after following that up with a 70-yard performance the next week against the Indianapolis Colts, closed the year with three straight 100-yard games.

 

"He just kept showing up," said Lions wide receivers coach Antwaan Randle El, an offensive assistant with the Bucs in 2019. "And when I say show up, I mean (when) it’s time to make a play. At that time, he was our third wide receiver behind Chris and Mike in Tampa, and he just kept showing up like, we got to try and find ways to get him the ball because he kept showing up. Wide open here, wide open there. So that’s what we kept doing."

Perriman followed up his 36-catch, 645-yard season in Tampa with a so-so year last fall for the New York Jets, when he missed time with brain and ankle injuries, but started 12 games for one of the most anemic passing offenses in the league.

 

This year, he projects as the Lions' No. 2 receiverand should see significant action on an offense that will be breaking in an almost entirely new receiving corps.

Randel El said his familiarity with Perriman was a big selling point this offseason as the Lions bid farewell to five of their top six receivers from 2020 and added Perriman, Tyrell Williams, Kalif Raymond and Damion Ratley in free agency and Amon-Ra St. Brown in the draft.

"He knows how I teach," Randel El said. "So that’s another guy from off the books, so to speak, where you don’t have to learn the ins and outs of how everybody learns. But you go through that process and you find out how everybody learns and you teach to that. and it helps them out, for sure."
A few months shy of his 28th birthday, Perriman is more of a stopgap than a long-term solution for the Lions, but the son of ex-Lions receiver Brett Perriman adds a speed element to the team's still evolving offense.
GO DEEP ON LIONS NEWS
USA TODAY Network local coverage Lions general manager Brad Holmes told a story earlier this spring of being wowed at Perriman's pro day by his 40-yard dash. Perriman posted times in the 4.15-second range when he quick-started his first 40, which prompted the NFL scouts in attendance to force Perriman to run it again.

“Breshad heard about those 4.1s, and so once he heard about it, he was just like, we tried to get him to run another one and he was like, ‘No, that’s it. I’m not going to run another one,’ which I really couldn’t blame him," Holmes said. "But eventually we kind of talked him into him running another one, and he did, and got down and sure enough, it was a legitimate 4.25. Probably the fastest guy his size that I’ve seen running a 40."

Now, Randle El said it's up to the Lions to turn Perriman's speed into the weapon it appeared to be for a time in Tampa.

"It’s about really just figuring out ways to be able to get him the ball," Randle El said. "One of his biggest attributes is speed and then his speed and height together, him being able to go up and get the ball, and then being able to keep the defender on one side and catch the ball on the other side. So he’s proven to do that down the field, so with that vertical threat with his speed — it certainly helps him being able to run any of those underneath routes and he did a lot of that stuff in Tampa and even last year. That vertical speed that he brings certainly helps out."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2021 at 10:32 AM, jamesr said:

Which team was it had an axe and a block of wood in their dressing room? The "keep chopping wood" thing?

Led to one guy going on IR after he swung the axe and hit his leg instead of the wood. :D

I believe it was the Panthers.

Good thing they no longer do that stuff, as Darnold would find a way to get hurt even if the axe missed him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2021 at 11:12 AM, Icer said:

Detroit will be a glorious trainwreck. Can't wait to see the quotes coming out of there when they are 2-10 and Jared Goof just threw 4 picks in a blow out loss


Not sure if this was intended or a typo, but in either instance, fantastic. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

This year, he (Perriman) projects as the Lions' No. 2 receiver and should see significant action on an offense that will be breaking in an almost entirely new receiving corps.

Randel El said his familiarity with Perriman was a big selling point this offseason as the Lions bid farewell to five of their top six receivers from 2020 and added Perriman, Tyrell Williams, Kalif Raymond and Damion Ratley in free agency and Amon-Ra St. Brown in the draft.

That is the Lions receiving corp?!?  

Good Golly Miss Molly.  They are going to get creamed.  CREAMED

If I was their running back I would file a complaint with the union.  Nine men in the box.  All season long. 

If I was their Quarterback I would make a will. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, clayton163v said:

This year, he (Perriman) projects as the Lions' No. 2 receiver and should see significant action on an offense that will be breaking in an almost entirely new receiving corps.

Randel El said his familiarity with Perriman was a big selling point this offseason as the Lions bid farewell to five of their top six receivers from 2020 and added Perriman, Tyrell Williams, Kalif Raymond and Damion Ratley in free agency and Amon-Ra St. Brown in the draft.

That is the Lions receiving corp?!?  

Good Golly Miss Molly.  They are going to get creamed.  CREAMED

If I was their running back I would file a complaint with the union.  Nine men in the box.  All season long. 

If I was their Quarterback I would make a will. 

Goff career avg. 63% completions. I

With Krupp, Woods & Higbee at TE:
20 Td & 13 Int in 20

22 Td & 16 Int in 19

Expect worse numbers moving forward with Detroit.

At least Detroit got 2 #1 picks and a 3rd in the deal

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, clayton163v said:

This year, he (Perriman) projects as the Lions' No. 2 receiver and should see significant action on an offense that will be breaking in an almost entirely new receiving corps.

Randel El said his familiarity with Perriman was a big selling point this offseason as the Lions bid farewell to five of their top six receivers from 2020 and added Perriman, Tyrell Williams, Kalif Raymond and Damion Ratley in free agency and Amon-Ra St. Brown in the draft.

That is the Lions receiving corp?!?  

Good Golly Miss Molly.  They are going to get creamed.  CREAMED

If I was their running back I would file a complaint with the union.  Nine men in the box.  All season long. 

If I was their Quarterback I would make a will. 


Yup. They’re gonna rely heavily on D’Andre Swift, that’s for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2021 at 9:45 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I believe it was the Panthers.

Good thing they no longer do that stuff, as Darnold would find a way to get hurt even if the axe missed him. 

It was Jax

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...