Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Bronx said:

This is the typical reaction when asked which team you root for...

Baby Lol GIF by moodman

What do you call a Bandwagon Jets fan?

A Chiefs fan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brad Smith - a guy we should have given more of a chance to play QB. Still makes me sad he didn't get that shot. A decade too soon as a real mobile QB, IMHO. The man had talent.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shuler82 said:

One of that coldest games I’ve been to...  bonfires in the parking lot, hand warmers down my pants. Beat a Bengals team that had clinched and was resting starters, only to turn around and kick their ass again the following week in the wild card 

There was a massive bonfire just a row or two from us in the parking lot. My car smelled like smoke for a week.  I remember opening up a beer going to take a leak when I came back the top of my beer was frozen. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

There was a massive bonfire just a row or two from us in the parking lot. My car smelled like smoke for a week.  I remember opening up a beer going to take a leak when I came back the top of my beer was frozen. 

Good times.

Had many bonfires in the lot at the old stadium.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shuler82 said:

One of that coldest games I’ve been to...  bonfires in the parking lot, hand warmers down my pants. Beat a Bengals team that had clinched and was resting starters, only to turn around and kick their ass again the following week in the wild card 

Coldest Jets game I was ever at.  December 27, 1981.   Jets Bills Playoff game at Shea Stadium.  I was 14 years old.  Not just the low temp, but the wind chill.  It took me 24 hours to thaw out after that game.  And they lost, after a wild come back effort to boot !  

Link to post
Share on other sites

lmao i was at that game. Fans were jumping up and down seats  ripping them out and stuffing them inside their shirts as memarobilia. It was hilarious. Great game too. Smoked em.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

lmao i was at that game. Fans were jumping up and down seats  ripping them out and stuffing them inside their shirts as memarobilia. It was hilarious. Great game too. Smoked em.

I remember being glad they won, not just because it meant they made the playoffs, but because I remember that game being BRUTALLY cold and windy.  The last thing I wanted to do while getting ready was to go out in that weather for a soul crushing loss.

EDIT: Yup; I just looked it up.  20 degrees at kickoff with 20mph swirling winds.  I never had trouble with the cold at games...except for that night.  That hurt, lmao.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Coldest Jets game I was ever at.  December 27, 1981.   Jets Bills Playoff game at Shea Stadium.  I was 14 years old.  Not just the low temp, but the wind chill.  It took me 24 hours to thaw out after that game.  And they lost, after a wild come back effort to boot !  

I think the Jaguars playoff game, Jan 10th, 1999 was worse.  Remember being in the parking lot and it was a sheet of ice just going into your feet and throughout your body.  Was in the low 20's and a howling wind.  

One game at Shea, vs the Colts comes to mind, cant remember the details but was cold as can be.  Left the house for a 4 o'clock game and it was single digits

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

There are, they just suck at it. 

That's a hilarious notion. Jets fans are such gluttons for punishment we have some masochistic bandwagoners.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jgb said:

That's a hilarious notion. Jets fans are such gluttons for punishment we have some masochistic bandwagoners.

Exactly, but it’s somewhat functional with a smidge of secondary gain. Being a Jet fan makes everything else  in your life seem somewhat not the worst part of your life compared to the Jets. Matter of fact Johnny. I’m a bandwagon Jet fan. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Crusher said:

Exactly, but it’s somewhat functional with a smidge of secondary gain. Being a Jet fan makes everything else  in your life seem somewhat not the worst part of your life compared to the Jets. Matter of fact Johnny. I’m a bandwagon Jet fan. 

The Jets will be the first team in history to have less fans after getting better!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jgb said:

The Jets will be the first team in history to have less fans after getting better!

Haha, to be fair I have been losing interest as of late. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Crusher said:

Haha, to be fair I have been losing interest as of late. 

I have said several times that Jets fans are the greatest contrary indicator in sport. We'll know the Jets are about to be good when the pessimism reaches its peak!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, darook said:

Which is nice

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
 

Never gets old when some posters accuse Jets fans of being impatient or having an instant-gratification mindset!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I think the Jaguars playoff game, Jan 10th, 1999 was worse.  Remember being in the parking lot and it was a sheet of ice just going into your feet and throughout your body.  Was in the low 20's and a howling wind.  

One game at Shea, vs the Colts comes to mind, cant remember the details but was cold as can be.  Left the house for a 4 o'clock game and it was single digits

 

I was at the Jags playoff game in 1999.  I remember it well.  It was about 27 degrees our or so.   I don't think I minded the cold that day as much as I did back at Shea in 1981 because the Jets actually won the Jags game.  Like a wise man once said, "When you win, nothing hurts".

Too bad Testaverde missed a wide open Richie Anderson in the end zone the following week.  He had plenty of time to get the ball too him, but he rushed it and dirted the ball right in front of him.  There was plenty of blame to go around for that loss, but that was the play I remember.  

Had the Jets won that game, they would have been the superior team vs. the Falcons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I was at the Jags playoff game in 1999.  I remember it well.  It was about 27 degrees our or so.   I don't think I minded the cold that day as much as I did back at Shea in 1981 because the Jets actually won the Jags game.  Like a wise man once said, "When you win, nothing hurts".

Too bad Testaverde missed a wide open Richie Anderson in the end zone the following week.  He had plenty of time to get the ball too him, but he rushed it and dirted the ball right in front of him.  There was plenty of blame to go around for that loss, but that was the play I remember.  

Had the Jets won that game, they would have been the superior team vs. the Falcons.

I think I was so hyped for that 81 playoff game that I was totally numb.  

I was sure that after getting my seats in 77, expansion to the 16 game schedule in 78 along with Walt Michaels and his great drafts we were on our way and a SB was in our near future.

How stupid are we as teens.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2021 at 4:57 AM, jgb said:

There are no bandwagon Jets fans -- we have that going for us!

 

On 5/19/2021 at 4:46 AM, Bronx said:

Saleh and  Co., please bring us back to the playoffs. We are the most loyal fans in sports and we deserve it.

The Knicks have given me hope. If that organization can get it's sh*t together, the Jets certainly can. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2021 at 8:06 AM, shuler82 said:

One of that coldest games I’ve been to...  bonfires in the parking lot, hand warmers down my pants. Beat a Bengals team that had clinched and was resting starters, only to turn around and kick their ass again the following week in the wild card 

My beers were freezing up if I didn't drink them fast enough.  It was bitter cold

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember we tailgated by sitting in my friend's car, watching Spaceballs on DVD with his kids. I also remember being so absurdly overdressed that I actually didn't mind the cold that much. I had those handwarmer things everywhere. In my gloves, pants, boots, etc.

Great memory - thanks for posting!

Link to post
Share on other sites

My parents were at that game.  It was the only NFL game my Mom has ever attended.  Some drunk peed on/next to their car, while they were sitting in it prior to the game.  One idiot fan in their section spent nearly the entire game scraping a seat number decal off a seat for posterity, and the entire section cheered when he finally got it off in the 4th Quarter.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One idiot fan in their section spent nearly the entire game scraping a seat number decal off a seat for posterity,

Damn felons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bronx said:

Damn felons.

lol.  To be clear, I have no problem with wanting to take home a souvenir.  It was just humorous to me that he spent the entire game working on it, presumably ignoring much of the gameplay in the process.  I would have given up after a few minutes of effort, especially given how cold it was that night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...