Jim McMahon calls Bill Belichick a "lying piece of s**t" (full mention of Belichick being a scumbag)

29 minutes ago, freestater said:

Link: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/19/jim-mcmahon-bill-belichicks-a-lying-piece-of-sh-t/

[Quote]So I walk back into the QB meeting — it was Vinny Testaverde, myself and Eric Zeier and just said ‘Hey boys, I’ll see you all later. I’m outta here’ The coach said, ‘Have you talked Bill?’ I said, “You can tell Bill to kiss my a$$. He’s a lying piece of s**t.’ Then I was gone. The very next day I was up in Green Bay.”[/quote]

lol

In green bay he ended up with a SB ring. 

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jesus he'll rolled that right ankle like 50 times. I should know, my left ankle ligaments are like linguini after years of basketball.

lol - mine looks similar from hoops, my left is all jacked up as well. I just always dig how he plays barefoot 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Still remember the game where some defensive lineman picked him up and pile drived him into the ground head first. Still the most viscous act I’ve ever seen in an NFL game. 

I don't think it was so rough. Most of what was bad is how crazy late that suplex was and on his throwing shoulder.  If you think that was vicious, maybe you should watch the Jack Tatum highlights, or Night Train Lane - Nobody ever made a good tackle below the neck."  Hardy Brown.  Ronnie Lott.  Butkus.  Those guys were killing machines.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think it was so rough. Most of what was bad is how crazy late that suplex was and on his throwing shoulder.  If you think that was vicious, maybe you should watch the Jack Tatum highlights, or Night Train Lane - Nobody ever made a good tackle below the neck."  Hardy Brown.  Ronnie Lott.  Butkus.  Those guys were killing machines.

Thanks, but I’ve watched plenty of dirty plays and that one still takes the cake. The play was way over. It was basically an assault that impacted him the rest of his career. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Thanks, but I’ve watched plenty of dirty plays and that one still takes the cake. The play was way over. It was basically an assault that impacted him the rest of his career. 

Not even close.  Was it late?  Yes.  Worst of the worst?  Hardly

Par for the course whenever Namath played the Raiders.   But much worse 

• Upvote 1

I think I was about 11 years old in 1985 and for Christmas I bought my older brother a VHS tape called NFL Follies crunch time. He joined the military and I watched it and that's what turned me on to football.

That being said one of my favorite jets ever was Victor Green. I didn't watch the ball I just watched number 21 try to decapitate people every play! It was different times and players didn't Pat each other on the ass and they weren't friends back then.

It was a tough man's game. These days players like Odell Beckham jr. Might as well be gay backup dancers on Madonna's next tour. That's how much football is changed.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Still remember the game where some defensive lineman picked him up and pile drived him into the ground head first. Still the most viscous act I’ve ever seen in an NFL game. 

Then you never saw Joe 'Turkey' Jones do the same to Terry Bradshaw- thought he killed Bradshaw

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Absolutely one of the "dirtiest" plays ever.  It was way late and had nothing to do with the play.  To make matters worse I think he was blasted on his throwing shoulder.  It just doesn't make me cringe like watching guys get clotheslined, speared or take the flying shoulder to the skull.

18 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

The thing about how Lane and Tatum was it was totally legal to hit like that back then. 

So his last year or second-last year in the NFL he didn't have the money to cover his wife's fender-bender?

He was making almost $1MM/yr when he was on top in Chicago in 1985 - a lot more then than it is now - not counting however much more he surely made in endorsements, and he'd pissed it away & was living hand to mouth by '95? Idiot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

by the time mcmahon joined the browns he was pretty much done.  even when he was good he wasn't all that good.  he got the praise for trying to run through linebackers and getting injured.  and then there was that stupid rozelle headband.  the 85 bears didn't win because of mcmahon.  they won because of guys like walter and defense that they had.  probably understates the offense they have but it certainly helps when the defense was a near lock to stop the other team.

On 5/20/2021 at 11:56 AM, Jet Nut said:

Who wasnt a mormon

Played at BYU and was always in trouble for breaking rules and their "honor code"

Tiss true! He was the very reason I began watching and loving BYU Football back when I was about 8.

For those that may not know, you don't have to be Mormon to play at BYU, you just have to act like one....

Heh, McMahon always pushed the limit just to see if he could get away with it. I watched an interview years later with him and he described how he would go to SLC to go bar hoping and then get a ride home back to Prove while playing @ BYU.

• Upvote 1