48 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I think it's funny to compare my excitement over learning more about Wilson to my excitement about Darnold in the months after the Jets drafted each of them ..... 

Wilson --- he's a football junkie who loves to watch film and calls his coaches in the wee hours of the morning with play ideas;  he's bigger and more solid then we thought; and relishes taking on a leadership role

Darnold -- his grandfather's name was Dick Hammer and was the Marlboro man; he likes to surf and hang out with his friends;  and Mac liked that his teammates at USC were fond of him 

It really depends what you want to see...my friend harps on the fact that Wilson comes from money (uncle founded Jet Blue), mother seems looney, family are Trump supporters (not saying its a bad thing, but controversial), and of course was not team captain.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 2
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All this negated by their OC being Brian Schottenheimer

Well, whenever I see Lawrence, my body is ready.  Does that clear things up?

It's also worth adding what a luxury to be worried about our QB being as good as the guy that's been touted as the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck. I think based on our history, we should be w

Posted Images

Thing is Brady is anything but laid back , doesnt even have the my sh*t dont stink attitude that he could.  All his teammates say hes great because he really wants to be the best.

Zach definitely seems more that type than Lawrence 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I'm still livid that the Jets blew their shot at Trevor Lawrence, but I must admit, Zac Wilson's abilities are intriguing.  I especially like his very quick delivery as compared to the slower, longer throwing motion that Lawrence has.

Anyone care to predict which QB will have the better rookie season ???

Ranking rookie QBs based on highest ceilings https://www.nbcsports.com/video/does-trevor-lawrence-have-highest-upside-2021-nfl-draft-qbs?ls=social-vid

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

If they were the Payton brothers Zach would be Payton.  A total football junkie who will know everything and be able to run a very complex O.  Lawrence has that dumb don't give a crap face and attitude that spells performance under pressure and mediocre in most regular season games.  He really reminds me of Eli.  

Manning 😉 & Peyton 😉

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

It really depends what you want to see...my friend harps on the fact that Wilson comes from money (uncle founded Jet Blue), mother seems looney, family are Trump supporters (not saying its a bad thing, but controversial), and of course was not team captain.

So things that arent traits of Zach but his parents and his uncle.   Somehow his uncle having Jet Blue means hes Zacks not motivated?  He drove for 10 hours to get his QB coaching in, is a gym and video rat who worked doing food deliveries for doordash but hes going to skimp on making a name and money for himself?  Why do people believe this.  Why didnt he get some cushy overpaid job for Jet Blue in the offseason instead of doing food runs?

And how many times can it be said, he was a BYU captain, described as a leader.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So things that arent traits of Zach, as if his uncles money somehow means hes not motivated?  He drove for hours to get his QB coaching in, drove doing food deliveries for doordash but hes going to skimp on making a name and money for himself?  Why do people believe this.  

And how many times can it be said, he was a BYU captain

I agree. I'm not sure what the rich Uncle has to do with anything? I cannot think of anyone I know who actually had a rich Uncle who benefitted from it other than getting  cool gift from time to time. I imagine Zach may get free or discounted airline tickets on Jet Blue (where do they fly anyway?)

More important than a rich Unlce is Zach's Dad. You know, the guy that actually raised Zach. Read up on him. He grew up poor. No Dad. Mom worked multiple jobs to pay the bills. 

• Post of the Week 2
8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So things that arent traits of Zach but his parents and his uncle.   Somehow his uncle having Jet Blue means hes Zacks not motivated?  He drove for 10 hours to get his QB coaching in, is a gym and video rat who worked doing food deliveries for doordash but hes going to skimp on making a name and money for himself?  Why do people believe this.  Why didnt he get some cushy overpaid job for Jet Blue in the offseason instead of doing food runs?

And how many times can it be said, he was a BYU captain, described as a leader.

people see what they want to see. 3 years ago the people on this board were getting hardons about Darnold living with mccown, not doing anything but football stuff, and thinking morristown was the height of NYC nightlife. today, apparently the narrative on him was...he was dick hammers grandson and he surfs. people see what they want to see. if Wilson turns out to be a jerk, the same people are going to be like...told you...wasnt even team captain.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Jacksonville's weaponinz have more experience and by every metric are better than the Jets weaponz, which are largely untested and unknown.

Who are they rolling out at WR?  DJ Clarke & Jamal Agnew?  

8 hours ago, k-met57 said:

people see what they want to see. 3 years ago the people on this board were getting hardons about Darnold living with mccown, not doing anything but football stuff, and thinking morristown was the height of NYC nightlife. today, apparently the narrative on him was...he was dick hammers grandson and he surfs. people see what they want to see. if Wilson turns out to be a jerk, the same people are going to be like...told you...wasnt even team captain.

I dont remember the hardons for the thought that Darnold was living with McCown.  

If Wilson fails 3 years down the road, who cares what the narrative about his uncle or whatever people choose to blame for his failure?  Has nothing to do with Wilson  vs Lawrence today

And still Zach was a team captain.

5f762baa7746d.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, jgb said:

Absurd takes get a laugh and are forgotten. But the bump value if they turn out true is forever.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

So it's...

1A Wilson vs. 1B Fields.... and Lawrence is the 3rd best QB?

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

So I’ve had this take since before the season ended that Lawrence is being overrated and I stick by it. There’s enough on tape reasons to doubt him. I also really like Wilson and Fields. 

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Think Simms needs to break down and rent an office.

Surprized they haven't kicked him out of the mall.  

He was dead right on his ranking of Darnold QB class

His issues with Lawrence and Fields are in line with the questions about each QB

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I dont remember the hardens for the thought that Darnold was living with McCown.  

And still Zach was a team captain.

5f762baa7746d.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

i do belive they at some point make him like gameday captain or something, but he was not one of the 4 offensive captains voted on by his teammates prior to the season.

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i do belive they at some point make him like gameday captain or something, but he was not one of the 4 offensive captains voted on by his teammates prior to the season.

I was under the impression that because QB is always voted as one of the captain Wilson was given the C so that others had a chance.  Could be wrong but thought that was the explanation

But he clearly was wearing the C so don't get how Cimini comes he wasnt a captain.  Or a red flag that will have an effect on his NFL career.  Seems like a leader in the short time hes been a Jet, calling players on the roster or from the past (Chad, Sanchez) and setting up practices

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I was under the impression that because QB is always voted as one of the captain Wilson was given the C so that others had a chance.  Could be wrong but thought that was the explanation

But he clearly was wearing the C so don't get how Cimini comes he wasnt a captain.  Or a red flag

no. in fact when asked about it directly Wilsons answer was that he was not chosen as the team captain preseason because he was in a competition for the starting job, and players did not want to vote without knowing who would play. personally not sure why its a big deal, if anything the fact that he was so mediocre in 2019 that he had to be in competition for 2 soda cans is a bigger issue. but he is a young kid....they can certainly go 0-60 in a year.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who are they rolling out at WR?  DJ Clarke & Jamal Agnew?  

Chark is a stud. Marvin Jones is a good WR2 type. Shanault -- their #3 option -- just had twice the rookie year Mims did.

Urban Meyer, Darell Bevell & Schotty are not a great "trifecta" surrounding a young QB.

Just saying

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

It's also worth adding what a luxury to be worried about our QB being as good as the guy that's been touted as the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck.

I think based on our history, we should be worried that our QB isn't complete garbage.

You can always find fans trying to convince themselves they got the best guy. Lawrence is a superior prospect and if you get someone willing to put straight up money on Wilson being better, take out a second mortgage.

4 hours ago, Savage69 said:

So Trevor

Born: October 6, 1999 (age 21)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Height: 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)
Weight: 213 lb (97 kg)

is more ready then Wilson

Born: August 3, 1999 (age 21)
Draper, Utah
Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Weight: 214 lb (97 kg)

Based on what he's taller??

don't know who's going to be the better qb but there have been an awful lot of tall qb's that just didn't make it.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

don't know who's going to be the better qb but there have been an awful lot of tall qb's that just didn't make it.

Perhaps so.  But a lot of QB's don't make it at a lot of different heights.  And one of those tall QB's (6-5) was a GOAT candidate:  Peyton Manning.

Wilson will be better than Lawrence at all times. This is gonna come down to Wilson vs Fields.
Fields ... I dont see it

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Perhaps so.  But a lot of QB's don't make it at a lot of different heights.  And one of those tall QB's (6-5) was a GOAT candidate:  Peyton Manning.

yep but the goat is 6-4.  of course it not all about height but taller guys do seem to be more gangly and less able to secure the ball.  of course not saying they should be 5-10.  wilson at 6-2 is pretty good.

They are similar quality prospects. It comes down to the organization.

Coaching and front office. I trust Wilson fits the Jets scheme because we’ve seen him function within a similar scheme.

Urban Meyer is more of a wild card.

The supporting cast is about the same. We have the better OL (slightly but could be a wash) and they have the better skill players (again it’s a marginal difference). Defense is a wash.

Im going Zach for the better rookie season because it’ll be close and why not. I’m a Jets fan.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, jgb said:

Chark is a stud. Marvin Jones is a good WR2 type. Shanault -- their #3 option -- just had twice the rookie year Mims did.

Chark is no more proven than Corey Davis. You’re projecting their players while saying the Jets are not proven.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He was dead right on his ranking of Darnold QB class

His issues with Lawrence and Fields are in line with the questions about each QB

OK

It still looks like he needs an office.  

• Haha 2
47 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Chark is no more proven than Corey Davis. You’re projecting their players while saying the Jets are not proven.

Honestly, I had forgotten about Davis.  But I was talking unit to unit, wasn't suggesting every JAX WR was better than their counterpart on the Jets. Although I do believe Chark is superior to Davis, perhaps significantly so.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

So I’ve had this take since before the season ended that Lawrence is being overrated and I stick by it. There’s enough on tape reasons to doubt him. I also really like Wilson and Fields. 

I get it.  And, I think Lawrence is a bit overrated as well given this whole "generational talent" thing.  But I still haven't heard many people at all suggest he was the third best QB in this class.  That's the eyebrow raising part to me.

7 hours ago, THE BARON said:

All things equal, I think I agree... BUT...  I have a feeling Urban Meyer may be a total disaster.  That may be the difference.  

Urban putting Etienne with the WR's is a good indication of pending doom for the Jags. The pick itself was awful. They had a free square RB with 2nd year James Robinson after a phenomenal rookie season. Isn't that exactly what you want at RB?!  

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, jgb said:

Honestly, I had forgotten about Davis.  But I was talking unit to unit, wasn't suggesting every JAX WR was better than their counterpart on the Jets. Although I do believe Chark is superior to Davis, perhaps significantly so.

Chark has plenty of talent but was head case all last season and put up a dud. Davis is a phenomenal downfield blocker, and a very good WR. I'd take him 9 out of 10 times over Shart.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, rangerous said:

yep but the goat is 6-4.  of course it not all about height but taller guys do seem to be more gangly and less able to secure the ball.  of course not saying they should be 5-10.  wilson at 6-2 is pretty good.

Had no idea Wilson had grown 3 more inches in his thirties. That's amazing!

8 minutes ago, Zach Made Me a Jets Fan said:

Chark has plenty of talent but was head case all last season and put up a dud. Davis is a phenomenal downfield blocker, and a very good WR. I'd take him 9 out of 10 times over Shart.

Davis was a nothing until the Titans become a borderline elite team with an elite running game. And even then he was made expendable because AJ Brown outplayed him. 

Chark has produced on trainwreck teams. Chark was also hurt last year and the QB situation in JAX was Jets-level bad. Chark also has more TDs in the last two seasons playing in a dumpster fire than Davis for his entire career. 

i'm not dying on this hill like I did over my views on Geno, Rosen and Tannehill but I'm giving a strong edge to Chark having the better year and career than Davis.