Tim Tebow signs 1 year deal with Jaguars

Tim Tebow signs 1-year deal with Jaguars as he looks for another NFL run

Tebow is trying to make it as a tight end but has not played in NFL regular-season game since 2012 and only as one snap as a receiver

Tim Tebow joined the Jacksonville Jaguars for organized team activities as he signed his contract with the team to work as a tight end.

Tebow signed the contract Thursday morning and is expected on the field for practice later, ESPN reported. Tebow has reportedly told those close to him he is embracing the challenge of trying to make it back onto an NFL team for the regular season at a new position.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lol watch him be semi-productive as a backup TE/H-back and occasional direct-snap.

I just hope the defense he embarrasses isn't ours (again). 

I’d expect him to embarrass himself, should he make it to the opening day roster. Dude was slow seven years ago, and struggled catching the football with his head. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

If the Jags want to dump Minshew so Timmy can get his #15, I'll gladly take him as our backup QB.

Yes! What would you be willing to trade for Minshew?

4th is no brainer for me. I'd probably do it for a 3rd.

Looks like Tim is grasping for straws after not making it in MLB. As a matter of fact he hit.160 in AAA. He seems to be hanging on in terms of being an athlete. Kind of an early midlife crisis? He had a tryout with NEP and even BB told him he wasn’t going to make it as an NFL Qb. On the other hand for some unexplained reason Rex wouldn’t really let him hit the field as a QB (he threw like 8 passes) even though he had nothing to lose by giving him a start in a losing season with Mark playing terrible. I wanted to see how he would do despite all of the reports that he looked atrocious as a Qb in practice. Practice isn’t Gameday and while he looked and statistically was bad with Denver his team won games including against us. I’ve heard some commentators including the Sat late night host on the Fan rip Tebow saying he was taking a roster spot of another player. Well he has a right to try out there are 90 roster spots per team and if he doesn’t make it on the field you’d assume he’ll be cut. Actually with the Jets Tebow did everything asked of him including playing STs. Westhoff only had good things to say about him. Can he block and catch a pass. What is his current ability level as a runner. You could see some running plays going to him he even ran the ball with us. 

Tebow seems to be a good guy, but I don't think he is living a life of poverty.  

There are always going to be NFL teams that are mismanaged, particularly when they are owned or controlled by individuals that can be eccentric.  

The Jets have obviously been a mismanaged organization that has appears to be changing direction.  Before McDermott/Beane, the Bills were also a mess-it would appear that the Jets are trying to replicate the Bills model.  

But Jax is heading in the wrong direction.  That is good.  There are other NFL teams that are adrift, but the Jaguars, who recently were in the AFCCG, appear to have lost their way.  The Jets need to be able to beat somebody.  

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

Ah, the always insightful sports analytics of Craig Carton ?

55 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Would think if one marries a Miss Universe prolly very good chance that’s the case. 

Apologies for my Capt Obvious post. There's just something about that gal...dang!

My full thoughts on Tebow:

• Love that dude. A true gamer. Seems to also do great things for community, etc.
  • Great college QB. NFL...not so much.
  • Had a nice run in Denver with a stout D and strong running game. Had that nice winning TD pass in the playoffs.
  • Even for casual NFL observer, he has that big windup. Doesn't pass the eye test for an NFL QB. Wobbly ball, etc.
  • On the Jets, he'd jog in, high five Sanchez, run up the middle for 0-2 yard gain, then jog off. It was really nothing. I'll pull up the stats but that's literally all he did.
  • He killed Jets message boards. A vocal minority always spoke out about how he was underused, how everyone else is wrong, etc. How he didn't get a shot.
  • After the Jets, Pats picked him up for a minute, then dropped. And then not one other team bit.
  • Eventually plays baseball. Crazy impressive how he can do that and play minor league level after not playing baseball for so long. What an athlete! Not MLB caliber, but so impressive.
  • Now, at 34 (?), he is JACKED! Great shape! But of course he will not be good. I mean, crazy impressive to be in the discussion, but at 34 he is too old and obviously won't be able to compete at a new position when too old at NFL level.
  • There will be a vocal minority now and forever who will say everyone else is wrong. Next year, he'll be mentioned for other spots, etc.

Great guy! Great athlete! Wish him the best. Hot wife, too!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

it's not tebow's fault the jets signed him.  is he supposed to say no?  he may not have been the prototypical passer the nfl wants but he qbed that denver team to the playoffs and whose to say his skills couldn't have been used had a team worked with him.  he might've done well in run option or the pistol.

55 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

• There will be a vocal minority now and forever who will say everyone else is wrong. Next year, he'll be mentioned for other spots, etc.

Great guy! Great athlete! Wish him the best. Hot wife, too!

26 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it's not tebow's fault the jets signed him.  is he supposed to say no?  he may not have been the prototypical passer the nfl wants but he qbed that denver team to the playoffs and whose to say his skills couldn't have been used had a team worked with him.  he might've done well in run option or the pistol.

See? See?

30 minutes ago, rangerous said:

The Jets traded for him so his slow ass could replace Brad Smith's fast one. Dumb move. 

I'm no fan of Tim Tebow, let me get that out of the way. Just a lot of phoniness to the guy from my POV. If he wanted to hone his skills as a QB, he had an offer to go to the Canadian league to do just that, in a game that I think would've been a good fit for his so-called talents at the position. If he was willing to change positions way back when, he would've gotten offers to play that TE/H-back role in the NFL, but he chose not to do that either. 

Instead, he traded on his fame and announced college football games, which is fine. That's what retired players do. Then he does the baseball thing, again, trading more on his celebrity than his baseball skills, packing minor league stadiums hoping to see him take his shirt off. 

Now he's back in the NFL for the only coach who'd ever consider such a move. He'll sell tickets again, while being next to useless on the field. He last played organized football in 2013, and he wasn't good then. This is a dog & pony show. He's Timmy Kardashian. Celebrity without the talent to back it up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lol watch him be semi-productive as a backup TE/H-back and occasional direct-snap.

I just hope the defense he embarrasses isn't ours (again). 

Do people really forget he played some TE for us and the only thing notable he did was duck and flinch at a couple balls thrown his way. Eff this phony creepy POS. Why he gets so much attention is beyond me but then again much of what is going on lately in the world baffles me

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

The Jets traded for him so his slow ass could replace Brad Smith's fast one. Dumb move. 

I'm no fan of Tim Tebow, let me get that out of the way. Just a lot of phoniness to the guy from my POV. If he wanted to hone his skills as a QB, he had an offer to go to the Canadian league to do just that, in a game that I think would've been a good fit for his so-called talents at the position. If he was willing to change positions way back when, he would've gotten offers to play that TE/H-back role in the NFL, but he chose not to do that either. 

Instead, he traded on his fame and announced college football games, which is fine. That's what retired players do. Then he does the baseball thing, again, trading more on his celebrity than his baseball skills, packing minor league stadiums hoping to see him take his shirt off. 

Now he's back in the NFL for the only coach who'd ever consider such a move. He'll sell tickets again, while being next to useless on the field. He last played organized football in 2013, and he wasn't good then. This is a dog & pony show. He's Timmy Kardashian. Celebrity without the talent to back it up. 

maybe.  i don't know about the whole putting fannies in the seats thing.  he's been out too long to be able to capitalize on his floridaness.  and they have lawrence.  lawrence is going to be the draw. i don't think tebow's going to have much impact as a player.

and much as people seem to want to malign the guy, i guess saying he wanted only to play qb and that's all  kind of made his options limited.  but he does have the physical talent to play other positions.