Tim Tebow signs 1 year deal with Jaguars

39 minutes ago, rangerous said:

maybe.  i don't know about the whole putting fannies in the seats thing.  he's been out too long to be able to capitalize on his floridaness.  and they have lawrence.  lawrence is going to be the draw. i don't think tebow's going to have much impact as a player.

and much as people seem to want to malign the guy, i guess saying he wanted only to play qb and that's all  kind of made his options limited.  but he does have the physical talent to play other positions.

1. Pro & College Sports

Tim Tebow jersey sales explode in 24 hours after officially signing with Jaguars | How to get your own Tebow jersey

Updated 11:31 AM; Today 11:20 AM
Fanatics

Tim Tebow's jersey is the top selling jersey on NFLShop in the 24 hour since he signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Thursday. (Photo via Fanatics).

Signing Tebow isn't about football, this was a business, and a fan thing.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, flgreen said:
  1. Pro & College Sports

Tim Tebow jersey sales explode in 24 hours after officially signing with Jaguars | How to get your own Tebow jersey

Fanatics

Tim Tebow's jersey is the top selling jersey on NFLShop in the 24 hour since he signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars on Thursday. (Photo via Fanatics).

Not just jerseys it seems....

Tim Tebow has the top 5 best-selling items in NFL online shop

https://www.clickorlando.com/sports/2021/05/21/tim-tebow-has-the-top-5-best-selling-items-in-nfl-online-shop/

• Upvote 1

So with the Mets Tim played ok when he was in AA until he got injured. But he couldn't hit AAA pitchers in 2019. Up until recently Tebow was saying he would return to the Mets org this coming season after 2020 there was a very limited minor league with no teams playing games. Basically Tim was an Independent League type of player even though those leagues are pretty good. If he did have a baseball career (which he doesn't) this was the season to be in the org. The Mets have about 17 guys on IR and have been making deals and calling up guys who ordinarily would not be in the majors this season. If you watched last night's game there were about 4 guys I never heard of getting playing time. There was some optimism on the Mets that Tebow during 2018 might have a chance to be recalled. Of course if you can't hit in Syracuse you aren't going to in New York. 

47 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Flowers For Algernon.

Tebow has done more with less than pretty much any JET in 10 years.  

NOT a fan but jeez.... Heisman winner, National Champ, probably 20 mil in the bank , hot wife and bulletin board JETS fans act like he’s shlt. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

NOT a fan but jeez.... Heisman winner, National Champ, probably 20 mil in the bank , hot wife and bulletin board JETS fans act like he’s shlt. 

He’s sh*t as an NFL QB and baseball players and probably TE. He is a good person, successful, dedicated and good for the locker room and obviously jersey sales but that still doesn’t make him a good QB. 

11 hours ago, New York Mick said:

He’s sh*t as an NFL QB and baseball players and probably TE. He is a good person, successful, dedicated and good for the locker room and obviously jersey sales but that still doesn’t make him a good QB. 

He walked through a REX defense like we were butter but yes, I agree with you.  

11 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Al Bundy scored four TDs and won the city championship for Polk High but, like Tebow, didn't amount to very much in the pros. 

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He walked through a REX defense like we were butter but yes, I agree with you.  

He was 9-20 for 104 yards, 68 rushing yards and 10 pts for the offense 

Not really buttery but that one run, ugh

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2021 at 1:23 PM, johnnysd said:

Do people really forget he played some TE for us and the only thing notable he did was duck and flinch at a couple balls thrown his way. Eff this phony creepy POS. Why he gets so much attention is beyond me but then again much of what is going on lately in the world baffles me

Phony creepy POS?

wow lmfao 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I get that Tebow has a bit of a creepy following, but those who irrationally hate Tebow are decidedly worse in my mind...

I dislike Tebow rationally. He’s a phony trading on his celebrity. He’s Timmy Kardashian. 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I get that Tebow has a bit of a creepy following, but those who irrationally hate Tebow are decidedly worse in my mind...

The reason why has to do with a verboten topic on JN that I won’t mention 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, jgb said:

You’d expect someone who rationally dislikes Tebow to rationally dislike Darnold who set this team back bigly 

If someone truly thinks a guy is a phony, I can understand not having similar dislike for Sweet Sammy, whose only redeeming quality is being a nice boy.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If someone truly thinks a guy is a phony, I can understand not having similar dislike for Sweet Sammy, whose only redeeming quality is being a nice boy.  

Guy seems more like a cheeseball to me. Don't think he's phony. He's just kinda corny. Not everyone's cup or tea, but not the type of guy that seems worth the time to hate IMHO.

• Upvote 3

On 5/21/2021 at 4:35 PM, flgreen said:
  1. Pro & College Sports

Fanatics

gives a whole new meaning to florida man.

On 5/22/2021 at 9:13 PM, southparkcpa said:

His only claim to fame was burning the Jets for 99 yards as a Bronco and later having the media pity him and blame the Jets for ruining his career.  

The Horse Lisperer was a one trick pony. 

3 hours ago, jetophile said:

His only claim to fame was burning the Jets for 99 yards as a Bronco and later having the media pity him and blame the Jets for ruining his career.  

He beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs to no??  Look, im not supporting his NFL career BUT he is no bum as a person.

• Upvote 2

On 5/23/2021 at 4:53 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Hate is way more rational than love.  A couple of 100 million americans didn't buy his Jersey.  

On 5/21/2021 at 5:13 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

The POS stuff seems a bit strong, though. What'd he do to you that brings up such venom on a personal level? He sucked. BFD we've had hundreds of guys who've sucked other than him. Each isn't a POS because of it. 

This.  Exactly this.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Hate is way more rational than love.  A couple of 100 million americans didn't buy his Jersey.  

Only in the broken world we live in does that make sense.  Love existed first.  Hate was a corruption of things that love produced.  Love is harder to do than hate but it accomplishes many great things whereas hate doesn't accomplish anything but destruction. 

Why hate anyone?  Compassion is better.  Hitler was beaten constantly as a child and it helped created the monster he became.  Maybe he was a monster at birth (after all, not every child who is abused ends up a monster in adulthood), but being beaten as a child certainly couldn't have helped matters.  Some compassion and love to meet that hatred he faced could have prevented the holocaust.  

On 5/25/2021 at 5:36 AM, jetophile said:

Being one of the greatest college players in college football history was probably a claim to fame too.

And are you so thin-skinned and hyper-sensitive that a few click-whoring media talking head "blaming the Jets for ruining his career" really bothers you?  Especially when we (and most people) all know it's not remotely true.

There are literal wife-punching, sexual-assaulting, drunk-driving players in this leagues history that don't get the same degree of ire some aim at Tebow.

• Upvote 2