Jump to content

Jets Twitter Account Teasing Julio Jones Interest Not Sure Why I’m Even Posting This Whatev


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s because Davis is 5th

lulz

They were all gifts. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

None of these would make the top 50, you clown!

plus I would think 1. & 2. are interrelated 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

WR 1: Julio Jones. 

WR 2: Denzel Mims. 

Slot: Elijah Moore. 

WR 4: Corey Davis. 

WR 5: Jamison Crowder. 

Would create for the NFL's #1 WR unit. 

Looks great, but JD doesn't seem like the type to go after an aging, albeit still great, WR at this stage of the rebuilding process. Especially when it renders Corey Davis or Mims a backup/depth WR. 

I would bet that he is saving his money for an OL/CB to shake free from team's rosters. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Looks great, but JD doesn't seem like the type to go after an aging, albeit still great, WR at this stage of the rebuilding process. Especially when it renders Corey Davis or Mims a backup/depth WR. 

I would bet that he is saving his money for an OL/CB to shake free from team's rosters. 

Agree with this. If the Jets needed a bona fide # 1 receiver to make them serious contenders for the Lombardi Trophy then of course you sign or trade for Jones but alas the team is one more good draft away from being in that position. Let JD build this team then add pieces as needed to make the squad a perennial championship contender 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2021 at 4:47 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

There is 0 interest in Julio Jones from the Jets.  We already have 2 big beasts like him in Davis and Mims.  And we need to get moore the ball as well.

Jones isnt coming here to be wr4 anyways.

Julio would be WR1!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2021 at 5:24 PM, pointman said:

Davis, bring in Julio, let Zachamania run wild. Super Bowl. Profit.

Would be a brilliant move by JD.  Zach loves throwing the ball up there for anybody to catch it and Julio would catch 90% of those jump balls.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31503842/julio-jones-asked-future-atlanta-falcons-says-outta-there

Julio Jones, asked about future with Atlanta Falcons, says 'I'm outta there'

 

Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones said Monday he is planning on leaving the franchise during an interview on FS1.

"I'm outta there," Jones said when reached by telephone by Shannon Sharpe on the network's "Undisputed" show.

Jones had been the subject of trade talks recently after general manager Terry Fontenot said the team would be taking calls about the former All-Pro receiver last month.

Jones, 32, requested a trade from the Falcons at the beginning of the offseason in March, but the organization was trying to protect him and work quietly behind the scenes, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter, and has been talking to other teams for weeks. The Falcons prefer not to trade him in the NFC but would do so for the right price, the source said.

Atlanta has asked teams that have inquired about Jones for a first-round draft pick in return, sources told Schefter.

When Jones was asked by Sharpe where he would like to go play, he said he would like to play for a winner.

"Right now I wanna win," Jones said.

Jones, whose base salary of $15.3 million is fully guaranteed for this season, is scheduled to cost the Falcons $23.05 million against the cap in 2021 and has cap hits of $19.263 million in 2022 and 2023.

Jones has played 10 seasons with the Falcons, who selected him sixth overall in the 2011 draft, leading the NFL in receiving twice (1,871 yards in 2015 and 1,677 yards in 2018) and three times in yards per game (2015, 2016 and 2018). He made seven Pro Bowls and was named first-team All-Pro in 2015 and 2016.

He became one of the faces of the Falcons, starting 134 of the 135 games he played in and making 848 catches for 12,896 yards and 60 touchdowns. He's the Falcons' all-time leader in receptions and receiving yards and second to Roddy White in receiving touchdowns (63).

Jones, though, had one of his worst seasons in 2020, limited to nine games due to injury with 51 catches for 771 yards and three touchdowns. While his 15.1 yards per catch was his highest since 2017 and his catch percentage of 75% was the best of his career, his 85.7 yards per game was his lowest since 2012, his second year in the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31503842/julio-jones-asked-future-atlanta-falcons-says-outta-there

Julio Jones, asked about future with Atlanta Falcons, says 'I'm outta there'

 

Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones said Monday he is planning on leaving the franchise during an interview on FS1.

"I'm outta there," Jones said when reached by telephone by Shannon Sharpe on the network's "Undisputed" show.

Jones had been the subject of trade talks recently after general manager Terry Fontenot said the team would be taking calls about the former All-Pro receiver last month.

Jones, 32, requested a trade from the Falcons at the beginning of the offseason in March, but the organization was trying to protect him and work quietly behind the scenes, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter, and has been talking to other teams for weeks. The Falcons prefer not to trade him in the NFC but would do so for the right price, the source said.

Atlanta has asked teams that have inquired about Jones for a first-round draft pick in return, sources told Schefter.

When Jones was asked by Sharpe where he would like to go play, he said he would like to play for a winner.

"Right now I wanna win," Jones said.

Jones, whose base salary of $15.3 million is fully guaranteed for this season, is scheduled to cost the Falcons $23.05 million against the cap in 2021 and has cap hits of $19.263 million in 2022 and 2023.

Jones has played 10 seasons with the Falcons, who selected him sixth overall in the 2011 draft, leading the NFL in receiving twice (1,871 yards in 2015 and 1,677 yards in 2018) and three times in yards per game (2015, 2016 and 2018). He made seven Pro Bowls and was named first-team All-Pro in 2015 and 2016.

He became one of the faces of the Falcons, starting 134 of the 135 games he played in and making 848 catches for 12,896 yards and 60 touchdowns. He's the Falcons' all-time leader in receptions and receiving yards and second to Roddy White in receiving touchdowns (63).

Jones, though, had one of his worst seasons in 2020, limited to nine games due to injury with 51 catches for 771 yards and three touchdowns. While his 15.1 yards per catch was his highest since 2017 and his catch percentage of 75% was the best of his career, his 85.7 yards per game was his lowest since 2012, his second year in the league.

Can’t wait to be vindicated on this

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2021 at 4:47 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

There is 0 interest in Julio Jones from the Jets.  We already have 2 big beasts like him in Davis and Mims.  And we need to get moore the ball as well.

Jones isnt coming here to be wr4 anyways.

I wouldn't look at him as a 4.  I would look at him as two spare hamstrings for our 1.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've seen it.  Was this a trick question, or.....?

Top 5 things @T0mShane should be embarrassed about:

  1. His penis 
  2. His dating history
  3.  His irrational fear of Steelers fans
  4.  His horrendous takes on Sam Darnold
  5.  This thread

So your insight on #1 comes from your involvement in #2? How sweet. ;-) 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2021 at 2:09 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

WR 1: Julio Jones. 

WR 2: Denzel Mims. 

Slot: Elijah Moore. 

WR 4: Corey Davis. 

WR 5: Jamison Crowder. 

Would create for the NFL's #1 WR unit. 

I'd guess they move Crowder with Jones, you still have Keelan Cole on the roster

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2021 at 4:47 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

There is 0 interest in Julio Jones from the Jets.  We already have 2 big beasts like him in Davis and Mims.  And we need to get moore the ball as well.

Jones isnt coming here to be wr4 anyways.

lol using those two in the same sentence is blasphemy especially zero td mims when Julio is one of the best Wrs in the game

Jets should get him-he is MUCH better than anything they have-can get 3 years out of him and give Wilson a REAL weapon

Do I think the Jets will get him? Not in a million years-he is going to go to the pats and u can book that

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kmnj said:

lol using those two in the same sentence is blasphemy especially zero td mims when Julio is one of the best Wrs in the game

Jets should get him-he is MUCH better than anything they have-can get 3 years out of him and give Wilson a REAL weapon

Do I think the Jets will get him? Not in a million years-he is going to go to the pats and u can book that

I do laugh when fans say things like "No way we want to have Jones, we have Mims, and Jones doesn't want to come here and sit behind him".

I read posts like that, and just think....

R7beb634e5291157f0eeaa734fcb46982?rik=KU

A money argument, sure, makes sense.  An age argument, sure, makes some sense.

A "Mims is so good, we wouldn't want one of the best WR's in the NFL" argument, lol, man, do some folks over-rate our guys before they've done anything at all to warrant it, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm about it, but I don't think Julio wants to come here.

He wants to play for a SB contender. 

Interested to see if Green Bay gets involved as a way to settle with Rodgers. 

But it sounds like a LA Rams move if they have any draft picks left.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Watch him accept a 50% pay cut and go to Tampa lol

TB GB and Arizona (because of his relationship with nuk) are where I would see him going if it were entirely up to him. Problem is, I don't think ATL would trade with any of those three - especially not within division to TB. He'll probably end up with Pats. He wants to play with Cam, and it's an easy sell to the falcons (out of conference, belichick will probably give up a late first).  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jgb said:

Watch him accept a 50% pay cut and go to Tampa lol

If he wants to win that’s exactly what he will do. But 98% of the time the really just want money. He very well may be the exception. As long as he isn’t in the AFC East I’m cool. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...