Jets Twitter Account Teasing Julio Jones Interest Not Sure Why I’m Even Posting This Whatev

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

TB GB and Arizona (because of his relationship with nuk) are where I would see him going if it were entirely up to him. Problem is, I don't think ATL would trade with any of those three - especially not within division to TB. He'll probably end up with Pats. He wants to play with Cam, and it's an easy sell to the falcons (out of conference, belichick will probably give up a late first).  

GB would also be good. Help Rodgers get some of the sand out of his va jay jay maybe. Also hopefully not Seattle, our draft pick would suck..  oh wait, they have nothing to trade. My bad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

TB GB and Arizona (because of his relationship with nuk) are where I would see him going if it were entirely up to him. Problem is, I don't think ATL would trade with any of those three - especially not within division to TB. He'll probably end up with Pats. He wants to play with Cam, and it's an easy sell to the falcons (out of conference, belichick will probably give up a late first).  

You're right, of course.

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If he wants to win that’s exactly what he will do. But 98% of the time the really just want money. He very well may be the exception. As long as he isn’t in the AFC East I’m cool. 

As greenwich says, it's not totally in his control but to play devil's advocate --  I wonder how much some of the all time greats who made tons of dough but never won a ring would pay now to have won it all once. Dan Marino would probably pay many millions to have won one, if you asked him.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

GB would also be good. Help Rodgers get some of the sand out of his va jay jay maybe. Also hopefully not Seattle, our draft pick would suck..  oh wait, they have nothing to trade. My bad. 

Haha. I can't remember a time in my life that I wanted a non brady/belichick team to suck as much as I want the seahawks to suck this year. Rooting for ANYBODY to trade for DangeRuss. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

You're right, of course.

As greenwich says, it's not totally in his control but to play devil's advocate --  I wonder how much some of the all time greats who made tons of dough but never won a ring would pay now to have won it all once. Dan Marino would probably pay many millions to have won one, if you asked him.

Well said Johnny! 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Jamal Adams for Rodgers straight up!  @bitonti would make that trade if he was the Green Bay GM.  

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, jgb said:

So crazy that he didn't considering he went to the SB in just his rookie year.  After that year's playoff run he probably thought he'd win several, maybe even more than Montana. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So crazy that he didn't considering he went to the SB in just his rookie year.  After that year's playoff run he probably thought he'd win several, maybe even more than Montana. 

Curse of the Fake Spike

• Upvote 2

On 5/25/2021 at 9:32 AM, kmnj said:

Do I think the Jets will get him? Not in a million years-he is going to go to the pats and u can book that

I wish I had a nickel every time some fan predicted a FA would sign with the Pats.  They're always going to the Pats and we should book it.  Occasionally they do, most often they dont

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That was Marino’s second season. Your point is still accurate though. I think many thought Marino would multiple Super Bowls. I love that he didn’t.

• Upvote 3

On 5/20/2021 at 4:32 PM, T0mShane said:

I never heard of CROE before. Maybe CROE and YAC should go out on a date, what do you think.

Anyway, I think he's 32 or something now? Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but I can't see Julio Jones being a fit here unless the Jets were THAT GOOD, NOW, TODAY, so just plug & play. I like Jones as a player, don't get me wrong; but it's kind of like when people were entertaining Russell Wilson coming here. I wasn't entertained by that notion, either.

I know you were just throwing it out there, but I agree: whatev.

Going after a 32 year old Julio Jones would be like the Knicks going after Melo. 

We'd have to trade away too much talent and/or draft capital. 

Do it the 2020-2021 KNICKS way. 

Denzel Mims. 

Corey Davis. 

Elijah Moore. 

Jamison Crowder. 

And come 2022's draft if we REALLY need a #1 WR? Draft one 1st round! 

Julio Jones is great but we're building something special right now. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Going after a 32 year old Julio Jones would be like the Knicks going after Melo. 

Denzel Mims. 

Corey Davis. 

Elijah Moore. 

Jamison Crowder. 

I get your point, at the same time let’s give Zach every chance to be comfortable, let’s give our young wrs a chance to learn from the best, and let’s have some goddamn fun for once. 

Trade Seattle’s first for Julio and let’s be stacked. 

11 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

I get your point, at the same time let’s give Zach every chance to be comfortable, let’s give our young wrs a chance to learn from the best, and let’s have some goddamn fun for once. 

Trade Seattle’s first for Julio and let’s be stacked. 

Nah, I think Seattle will pick in the mid-1st rather than the late 1st this year.  Keep that pick.  If we're making a trade for a 32-year old WR, a 2nd rounder and maybe a 5th/6th should be all we're willing to part with to get it done.  If they say no, oh well, let someone else give up a 1st.

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nah, I think Seattle will pick in the mid-1st rather than the late 1st this year.  Keep that pick.  If we're making a trade for a 32-year old WR, a 2nd rounder and maybe a 5th/6th should be all we're willing to part with to get it done.  If they say no, oh well, let someone else give up a 1st.

Fair point but Russ cooks in my opinion, he’ll make the playoffs all day long. Pick in the 20s for Julio. I’m doing it even though I know it’s not the smartest long term play. But I’m a fan not the GM.

Just now, Mo Lew said:

Fair point but Russ cooks in my opinion, he’ll make the playoffs all day long. Pick in the 20s for Julio. I’m doing it even though I know it’s not the smartest long term play. But I’m a fan not the GM.

I like the Rams more, so they're looking at a WC at absolute best.  And I think with a healthy defense, SF is dangerous, and perhaps Kyler Murray takes the next step. 

It will not be easy for Russ and the Seahawks to make the playoffs out of that division no matter how well he plays.

If I’m not mistaken Russ has missed the playoffs once in his career. I bet the odds. You’re on the side of unlikely. 

I’m not saying you’re wrong, just that I disagree. A mid 20s pick for Julio is something I go for. 

15 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Denzel Mims. 

Corey Davis. 

Elijah Moore. 

Jamison Crowder. 

Well now that you mention it...

ATL doesn't really have a good candidate for slot.  We have too many slot WRs. 

What about Crowder plus a 2nd round pick for Julio and we maybe pick up a little of Crowder's salary to help them with their cap more than the $5M they would already save.

It's not crazy.  And it would solve the (pardon me for saying this) crowd at slot WR we have.   Maybe it costs us a net of something like $8-9M over our current cap, which we can very much handle.

Julio / Davis / Mims / Moore / Cole.

Now that is a WR room fit for a rookie QB!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

If I’m not mistaken Russ has missed the playoffs once in his career. I bet the odds. You’re on the side of unlikely. 

I’m not saying you’re wrong, just that I disagree. A mid 20s pick for Julio is something I go for. 

Sure, but things are on a downward trend in Seattle, and Russ isn't happy.  I've never seen their roster less talented than it is now.  If they're gonna get there, it will require their disgruntled QB carrying the entire load.  Even moreso than he did last year.

Possible?  Yes.  Probable?  Not in my mind, no.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

• 2 weeks later...