Jump to content

Excelsior Pass Wallet for Jet Games?


Recommended Posts

I got this because i wanted to go to a Yankee game and  figured all the NY sport be accepting it but just realized the Jets play in NJ and this is a NY thing. Anyone know if this will be accepted? 

For those who aren't familiar,  its an app that shows you are fully vaccinated or had a negative test recently. I'm assuming the Jets would have you show proof of vacation  or negative  test

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just wear a lanyard around your neck if you feel the need  with your vaccination card enclosed in the clear plastic cases.

I have seen many doing this. 

I bought concert tickets yesterday for a show at PNC in Holmdel N.J no mention of anything covid related or required. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How would this apply to non-NY residents who want to attend events?

I'm not sure they can ask for proof of vaccination without violating any HIPAA laws. I know schools require it for kids to go, but  I think that is about the extent of it. Plus - even if you show one, how can they confirm it isn't counterfeit?

By turning away someone who does not prove or show (ex. religious reasons), then you may be getting into discrimination territory

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, SAR I said:

im-211291?width=1280&size=1.33333333

I am so going to own those filthy tailgaters come September.

Bought 4 of 'em.  Me and my boys are going to roll right through the parking lots.  A little worried about rolling down the mezzanine steps, but that's what the ushers are for.

SAR I

How long until the Oxygen runs out inside one of those?

The beer farts in those....

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I am so going to own those filthy tailgaters come September.

Bought 4 of 'em.  Me and my boys are going to roll right through the parking lots.  A little worried about rolling down the mezzanine steps, but that's what the ushers are for.

SAR I

@SAR I  and crew walking into MetLife on NY Jets game day. 

image.png.72f2bcbe2059572c733a8fd8c9ec8eb8.png

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Get your shot card laminated. Carry it always. I be happy if  the Jets  exclude the anti Vaxers 

Don't get it laminated. They will need to write on it again for the booster shot. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, choon328 said:

That's not HIPAA. Violating HIPAA is accessing your medical record without consent. Asking YOU to show your vaccination card isn't a violation of HIPAA. 

Ok

I don't want to turn this thread into a COVID discussion, but does a private business a) have the right to ask you for that and b) refuse you service/access based on that? Just asking (should you know the answer)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

How would this apply to non-NY residents who want to attend events?

I'm not sure they can ask for proof of vaccination without violating any HIPAA laws. I know schools require it for kids to go, but  I think that is about the extent of it. Plus - even if you show one, how can they confirm it isn't counterfeit?

By turning away someone who does not prove or show (ex. religious reasons), then you may be getting into discrimination territory

Its already being done at Knicks and Yankee games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Its already being done at Knicks and Yankee games

What are they accepting as proof (scouts honor, original card, copy of card, photograph of card)?

I heard on the Knicks broadcast that they have "vaccinated sections" which probably means they also have an unvaccinated section as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Ok

I don't want to turn this thread into a COVID discussion, but does a private business a) have the right to ask you for that and b) refuse you service/access based on that? Just asking (should you know the answer)

How is any of that different from refusing you for not wearing a mask. If it's  the policy of the venue,  i doubt  there is any issue as long as it is applied  equally 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

its a really really bad idea. one can argue the virtues of this covid vax, but letting .gov get a foothold on this tech will only become a bigger issue.
maybe you're ok with today, but tomorrow you don't agree with the next emergency health measure? 
you will get pinged for a booster, or for the next virus, terror threats, or social issues (stay home order for civil unrest) or any other happenstance they call a crisis whereby your actions are controlled.
head of household? "Your child's deadline for submitting themselves to _______ is approaching, please take action or your family's __________ will be suspended."
travel, jobs, purchases, interactions all subject to the whim of authority.
please, dont compare it to tsa checking your luggage or wearing a seatbelt.
a wacky conspiracy theory? i sure hope so.

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

How is any of that different from refusing you for not wearing a mask. If it's  the policy of the venue,  i doubt  there is any issue as long as it is applied  equally 

This. It’s like I need certain vaccines etc to work as physician and titers to prove I am immune after vaccination.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I don’t want to read  thread yet so one of you guys lock it when it needs it. 

They are requiring that you eat salads for a week prior to entry. Those sadistic suits. ? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

How is any of that different from refusing you for not wearing a mask. If it's  the policy of the venue,  i doubt  there is any issue as long as it is applied  equally 

An outdoor mask mandate/vaccine mandate to enter a football game would get laughed at.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

What are they accepting as proof (scouts honor, original card, copy of card, photograph of card)?

I heard on the Knicks broadcast that they have "vaccinated sections" which probably means they also have an unvaccinated section as well.

Excelsior Pass. That is why I got it, so I can go to a Yankee game

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...