Forgotten man in Jets Backfield Could Still Make Impact in 2021

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Once again, people should learn to stop making definitive blanket statements about players off of their rookie seasons.

A RB thinking about the play, trying to find the hole and where his blocks are isnt going to be as quick to that hole as he will be with experience.  I dont think its fair to decide hes too slow to be an effective back

Watching his speed/burst is not an opinion - he was slow, there's no debating that. Speed/burst is a prerequisite to be successful at the RB position.

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Perinne looked as slow as Gore.

He's just too slow to be an effective back.

He was hurt and never 100%.  Did u hear about him in the preseason last year b4 the injury?  He was the most explosive player on the roster.

Perine is going to be the lead back this year and split carrier w/ MC.

22 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yup. Gase was trying to win and save his job.  He wasn't thinking about the 2021 season for a single second.  It's why Gore got tons of carries and Clark and Morgan never saw the field, not even for....a..... single.... snap.

Imagine, a 2-14 team that was losing by multiple scores late in the 4th quarter and you don't even put in your rookie QB for one single series just to touch a football in a real NFL game.

He also sent the FG unit out in the 4th quarter  down 21+ points multiple times with the Jets getting shut out or close to it.

Resume builder.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He was hurt and never 100%.  Did u hear about him in the preseason last year b4 the injury?  He was the most explosive player on the roster.

Perine is going to be the lead back this year and split carrier w/ MC.

Nah, he's too slow.  You can see it on his college tape too.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Watching his speed/burst is not an opinion - he was slow, there's no debating that. Speed/burst is a prerequisite to be successful at the RB position.

Did you put a stop watch on him?  You know hes physically incapable of getting to the line and making a run for a gain?

We see what we want to see.  @joewilly12 sees Perine as a speed back who would give us a chance of pace, you see a slow player, whos speed/burst will prevent him from being a successful NFL RB and actually think that your opinion isnt debatable.  LOL, you havent watched much NFL football if you think thats a prerequisite to being successful 

Best part is you've made that determination from your TV on the limited number of carries he had as a rookie.

Youre better than me.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Once again, people should learn to stop making definitive blanket statements about players off of their rookie seasons.

A RB thinking about the play, trying to find the hole and where his blocks are isnt going to be as quick to that hole as he will be with experience.  I dont think its fair to decide hes too slow to be an effective back

true, but I would argue that under the same circumstances Ty Johnson managed to look better. 

2 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

true, but I would argue that under the same circumstances Ty Johnson managed to look better. 

Someone having played better in one game and change doesnt mean that they both cant get carries

3 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I dont understand why fans appear to get emotionally attached to players who barely have contributed to the team.

Because you have it wrong.  No one is emotionally attached to Perine.  

Its a discussion, does he have a chance to contribute to this team.  Nothing more

After Tevin Coleman, the RB I'd trust most in pass protection on the Jets roster is Perine, and that's no small thing. I don't see Michael Carter making it on the field for many third downs this year. Perhaps overly simplified, but I think he and Ty Johnson will be splitting duties on first and second down, with Coleman most likely being the guy they trust to come in on third down. This is what new coaching staffs do, they bring in a vet to help get the program up & running, and Coleman is here to help install the offense and protect/provide a receiving option for the rookie QB. Perine, another jack-of-all-trades type back will back him up this year and, should he prove worthy, take that job over next season. 

At least, that's how I'd have it written in pencil before training camp. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Did you put a stop watch on him?  You know hes physically incapable of getting to the line and making a run for a gain?

We see what we want to see.  @joewilly12 sees Perine as a speed back who would give us a chance of pace, you see a slow player, whos speed/burst will prevent him from being a successful NFL RB and actually think that your opinion isnt debatable.  LOL, you havent watched much NFL football if you think thats a prerequisite to being successful 

Best part is you've made that determination from your TV on the limited number of carries he had as a rookie.

Youre better than me.

Yes, Yes I am.

1 hour ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Do we think carter is more similar to Ty versus Perine? I think even though Ty showed flashes, Perine probably complements Carter better.  That’s just my untrained eye test but I’m curious what others think.

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Good to feel that way.  

But chances are youre dead wrong here and I'm right, Perine is part of the rotation.

The Jet have a lot to be excited about, not everyone needs to be a hit.

It's okay that Perinne was a miss. 

He may very well be in the rotation but that doesn't mean he's any good.  Him getting reps as the teams 4th back isn't exactly what I mean when I say he's not any good.  

If that's what you mean - then sure.  He can be the Jets 4th back and special teamer.

I love carter's ability to cut.

Reports of his ability to stop and start is BS.

Good runners never stop, they read the blocking in front of them

and cut off the blocks, this is precisely what Carter does

If a runner comes to a complete stop, he is waiting and inviting

to be tackled. Ty Johnson has great  speed (timed as fast as 4.26

in the forty) and power  (27 reps at 225). Included in his fine college

career were kickoff TD returns of 98 & 100 yds. Perine, Johnson and

Carter have fine hands. Johnson & Carter should excel in the Zone

stretch.  Frank Gore or should I say Bore was the most over rated back

I've seen in my 65+ years of watching this sh*t

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ty_Johnson_(American_football)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The Jet have a lot to be excited about, not everyone needs to be a hit.

It's okay that Perinne was a miss. 

He may very well be in the rotation but that doesn't mean he's any good.  Him getting reps as the teams 4th back isn't exactly what I mean when I say he's not any good.  

If that's what you mean - then sure.  He can be the Jets 4th back and special teamer.

Its ridiculous to call a player a miss one year, a COVID year, a miss.  You would think QW taught you that.  

I'll bet anything you want right now that he's not going toe the 4th back/ST player.  Youre really making yourself look really bad