Don’t Count Chris Herndon out Just yet, Jets Fans; Bounce-Back Season is Likely in 2021

34 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I personally, have not, I'm not sure we truly realize how bad the Gase/Darnold factor was until we see it play out, assuming Wilson/Lafluer arent worse, cant imagine that but I guess it's possible but still, I expect Herndon to be a different player in this offense. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I liken Chris Herndon to a Remote control car that you got at Christmas that your father bought at radio shack.. it came assembled with the store bought batteries included. After the New Years you played with it and it was fine.. it was pretty fast. Was a very good gift .. but after awhile you forgot you had it. So you’d play with it once in awhile,but it wasn’t as fast and kept sputtering. Sometimes even going in reverse on you. So you chalk it up to a cheap Christmas present and move on.... but then you realize what if I bought some energizer batteries and tried that. And Whoa. Wow what a difference my shiny old new toy is back.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, pointman said:

And once he made some catches, we were very high on him. Upset when he signed elsewhere after we gave him that shot. Your memory is short then.

We thought he had a chance.  Agreed. 

46 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

You are incorrect, even after I stated my point again.

I clearly stated that Gase may not have utilized him correctly in my original post and follow up. I was pointing out, as I clearly stated and you quoted, that Herndon is not solely a Gase victim as you seemed to insinuate, and that Herndon's actions also played a role in his production or lack there of. In Herndon's second year how many games did he play in? Then ask yourself how he essentaily lost a season. It wasn't bad play calling it was him getting into legal trouble, getting suspended, and getting injured after his hiatus. At no point did I say Gase was blameless. Sorry, but you don't get to tell me what my point was.

I am Not incorrect.  He had one promising season and then 2 years of Gase.  I never said he was totally a Gase casualty.  He had legal and suspension issues and compounded it with a season ending injury.  But Gase had no use for a TE.  Go back and hear Bart Scott rip Gase for ignoring the TE

I am sorry but there are going to be a ton of crow eaten after this season after you see just how good Chris Herndon is. He is the same player you saw in his rookie year before he caught the Gase disease. Only this year he will be even better as he is gotten more involved in the offense. Remember he comes from TE university the “U” and he was a force to be reckoned with when he was there.
I watched this guy grow and develop for years and there are so many he that are so wrong about him. On an added note, he is a good kid and was never in any trouble while at the “U” and had ONE bad decision that he learn from. Since then no one has heard a peep from him.

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, fltflo said:

I am sorry but there are going to be a ton of crow eaten after this season after you see just how good Chris Herndon is. He is the same player you saw in his rookie year before he caught the Gase disease. Only this year he will be even better as he is gotten more involved in the offense. Remember he comes from TE university the “U” and he was a force to be reckoned with when he was there.
I watched this guy grow and develop for years and there are so many he that are so wrong about him. On an added note, he is a good kid and was never in any trouble while at the “U” and had ONE bad decision that he learn from. Since then no one has heard a peep from him.

But he’s a good kid!!!!!