Zach at the Islanders game

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I disagree with the 2nd paragraph. We can absolutely eliminate Philly because we have the big men in Mitchell Robinson (he'd be back for 2nd round), Julius Randle, Nerlens Noel and Taj Gibson that'll give Joel Embiid FITS!

I'm sorry, Philly is probably the favorite to get to the finals.  Not the Knicks 

11 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

My kids are teens now, but cant imagine Blippi is any worse than the crap I had to sit through on repeat with them...Teletubbies, The Wiggles, and Barney are seared into my brain forever

I endured those as my kids grew up.  And the Teletubbies were quite creepy. 

Lately we've put on Coco melon for my 1.5 year old grandson (Netflix). Much better than the others.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm sorry, Philly is probably the favorite to get to the finals.  Not the Knicks 

Yes but if we advance past ATL + getting Mitchell Robinson back we're going to fight Philly to the MAX!

Mitchell Robinson/Julius Randle/Noel Nerlens/Taj Gibson is not a frontcourt Joel Embiid wants to face. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

Randle has to get his head out of his ass. 

Isles/Bruins goes 7 games.

I don't think Randel is going to turn the corner. We been waiting 4 games for him to show signs of life. I didn't even watch the 4th quarter. I put on Raya and the Last Dragon. Some Disney movie for 6 year olds cause it was new and I couldn't watch the Knicks anymore 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I don't think Randel is going to turn the corner. We been waiting 4 games for him to show signs of life. I didn't even watch the 4th quarter. I put on Raya and the Last Dragon. Some Disney movie for 6 year olds cause it was new and I couldn't watch the Knicks anymore 

Yeah. I turned the game off in the 4th down 17 too. Don't know what happened after that. 

Game frustrated me so much and I'm thankful for Julius leading us to the playoffs but he's been absolutely horrific throughout 4 Playoff games. 

Now? I don't know if he's worth the max or not. So disheartening. 

Fk it. Bring him back. Awful Playoff series but he's only 26 and experiencing Playoff basketball for the first time. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance and who knows, maybe these postseason struggles will prepare him for the future moving forward. 

We've got A+ draft capital and A+ available salary cap so I'm 100% confident we'll be back next season and better (more exciting) than ever. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yeah. I turned the game off in the 4th down 17 too. Don't know what happened after that. 

Game frustrated me so much and I'm thankful for Julius leading us to the playoffs but he's been absolutely horrific throughout 4 Playoff games. 

Now? I don't know if he's worth the max or not. So disheartening. 

I knew we where screwed in the first half. Atlanta was sloppy and gave us chances we can't capitalize on. We got no second gear offensively(especially with Julius right now) and it was inevitable they'd get there. Good season where they exceeded expectations, but they're not a real playoff threat. Atlanta is just the more talented team

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I knew we where screwed in the first half. Atlanta was sloppy and gave us chances we can't capitalize on. We got no second gear offensively(especially with Julius right now) and it was inevitable they'd get there. Good season where they exceeded expectations, but they're not a real playoff threat. Atlanta is just the more talented team

What's pissed me off the most is Thibs absolutely ruining our team chemistry by forcing Rose into the starting 5. 

It ruined us. 

Our backup unit was absolute ? with Rose leading the charge; but not anymore. 

Series was 1-1 coming off a win before he forced Rose into a starter. We've since home 0-2 with back to back blowouts without Rose leading our 2nd unit. 

Thibs absolutely destroyed us games 3 and 4. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What's pissed me off the most is Thibs absolutely ruining our team chemistry by forcing Rose into the starting 5. 

It ruined us. 

Series was 1-1 coming off a win before he forced Rose into a starter. We've since home 0-2 with back to back blowouts without Rose leading our 2nd unit. 

Thats the rub, they need to start Rose to get the starting 5 effective but that kills the 2nd unit chemistry they had since Rose was brought in to lead that unit

Season 1 Rock GIF by Friends

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It ruined us. 

I mean I don't disagree, but not sure its Thibs or Roses fault. What other option is there when the rest of the team doesn't show up for the playoffs? First 5 minutes or so today he was the only one doing anything on offense as Atlanta was trying to hand us the lead with turnovers and mistakes.

100% Rose belongs in the 6th man role on a competitive team. The problem is we're not looking competitive and now we got him starting due to that. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/23/2021 at 7:35 PM, jgb said:

Completely foreseeable based on his me-first attitude at the draft.

Then WHY may I ask that everyone carried on this charade like somehow he wasn't the complete idiot I pointed out? When I called him out and Geno was a Jet, everyone would defend him tooth and nail like somehow what I said wasn't FAIR or called for. That guy was a f*cling scumbag.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Then WHY may I ask that everyone carried on this charade like somehow he wasn't the complete idiot I pointed out? When I called him out and Geno was a Jet, everyone would defend him tooth and nail like somehow what I said wasn't FAIR or called for. That guy was a f*cling scumbag.

I apologize for everyone who didn't realize Geno sucked as a player and human. You where correct. I hope this helps 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Why dont you ask all that carried on the so called charade? 

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Why dont you ask all that carried on the so called charade? 

OK. I'll ask you for one. You certainly weren't one of his most ardent supporters but you did your share of defending him after IK knocked him out. I said at that time that Geno was a scumbag and he deserved to be cut just as much as IK. Unfortunately, because of salary cap implications he could not be cut. I pretty much called him dumb as a rock, a rodent, etc.

Why did you defend him when you KNEW already:

1) No matter how much it may have upset you, me and a few others were right in calling him a POS for his actions.

2) The truth was already out on Geno. He was hot GARBAGE as a QB to boot.

3) Geno Smith was John Idzik's selection. So why anyone was defending Geno considering almost 100% of John Idzik's draft choice were crap to begin with is beyond me?

Honestly, there was no reason to defend him at that point. I understand why Bowles did not cut Geno as much he should have wanted to. But the fact remains, he was the ultimate locker room CANCER.

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2021 at 3:46 PM, Dunnie said:

For me it's all because of his position as QB... that position REQUIRES leadership ... and he failed with high fashion in that regard.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

And really that's why his actions were the very lowest of the low.

11 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I apologize for everyone who didn't realize Geno sucked as a player and human. You where correct. I hope this helps 

Thank you. Now I can have a good, healthy CRY and get better....

• Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

OK. I'll ask you for one. You certainly weren't one of his most ardent supporters but you did your share of defending him after IK knocked him out. I said at that time that Geno was a scumbag and he deserved to be cut just as much as IK. Unfortunately, because of salary cap implications he could not be cut. I pretty much called him dumb as a rock, a rodent, etc.

Why did you defend him when you KNEW already:

1) No matter how much it may have upset you, me and a few others were right in calling him a POS for his actions.

2) The truth was already out on Geno. He was hot GARBAGE as a QB to boot.

3) Geno Smith was John Idzik's selection. So why anyone was defending Geno considering almost 100% of John Idzik's draft choice were crap to begin with is beyond me?

Honestly, there was no reason to defend him at that point. I understand why Bowles did not cut Geno as much he should have wanted to. But the fact remains, he was the ultimate locker room CANCER.

I was defended Geno?

No, at best I defended the idea that teammates dont punch other teammates in the face and break their face up.  Even if not paying back his debt was wrong and shltty actually.  No one said it wasnt.  

So I dont get your point here.  You seem to confuse peoples values with rooting for a player or defending him and thats senseless.  As senseless as believing you remember who was for or against Geno 6-7 years ago

It ruined us. 
Our backup unit was absolute with Rose leading the charge; but not anymore. 

No, what has ruined the Knicks is Randle playing like he just grew a set of arms and legs and doesn’t know how to use them. Thibs has no choice. What’s really scary is prior to the playoffs the Knicks looked like an attractive team for FA’s to come to. Now?? Who the hell wants to play with a “star” that suddenly looks like he has never played basketball come playoff time? Nope, this team doesn’t fool me. It’s hot garbage that was formed into decency thanks to Thibs, but come playoff time it exposed rotten ingredients.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I was defended Geno?

No, at best I defended the idea that teammates dont punch other teammates in the face and break their face up.  Even if not paying back his debt was wrong and shltty actually.  No one said it wasnt.  

So I dont get your point here.  You seem to confuse peoples values with rooting for a player or defending him and thats senseless.  As senseless as believing you remember who was for or against Geno 6-7 years ago

In all fairness the debt was over charity Geno stiffed. Im kind of glad someone punched him, it was long overdue. Some people deserve a smack cause its the only way they'll ever grow up

20 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It ruined us. 

Horrendous take. Rose is the only player balling.

Blame lies entirely with Randle being exposed for the player he is. Can't wait for the mindless chants of "MVP" when he goes to the line at MSG. Embarrassing

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SayNoToDMC said:

In all fairness the debt was over charity Geno stiffed. Im kind of glad someone punched him, it was long overdue. Some people deserve a smack cause its the only way they'll ever grow up

In all fairness it was stupid to punch his teams starting QB in the face and disable him for most of the season.  
People hate Geno, I get it.  He’s an unlivable player.  Has nothing to do with him being right or wrong or fans claiming it was long overdue.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

In all fairness it was stupid to punch his teams starting QB in the face and disable him for most of the season.  
People hate Geno, I get it.  He’s an unlivable player.  Has nothing to do with him being right or wrong or fans claiming it was long overdue.  

I stand by my comments. I had a Giants fan call and think he was trolling when he broke the news on Geno getting whacked. It backfired and I couldn't have been happier to have Fitzpatrick starting instead. Geno was a self entitled prick who finally ran into somebody that said nah. You don't stiff a charity and then get mouthy. Learn to apologize when you're clearly wrong and you don't have to worry about getting punched

• Upvote 1

I was never an avid hockey fan (only watch casually).

But back when I was wearing hats (before my hair got too big and poofy) I used to wear an Islanders fitted cap because I like their color scheme. Can't tell you how many times I got dirty looks or snarky comments from hockey fans (obviously fans of the Rangers). So I always joked that if I was an avid fan of Hockey, I'd be rooting for the Islanders ?

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I was defended Geno?

Nice explanation Jet Nut. You just refused to mention the last part of your answer as I recall. If you did, I never saw it. I never saw you admit that Geno stiffing IK was a real scumbag thing to do. As did pretty much everyone else. They were UNWILLING to call Geno out for what he was. He was a 100% SH*THEAD and I rejoiced when that scumbag was no longer a Jet.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I stand by my comments. I had a Giants fan call and think he was trolling when he broke the news on Geno getting whacked. It backfired and I couldn't have been happier to have Fitzpatrick starting instead. Geno was a self entitled prick who finally ran into somebody that said nah. You don't stiff a charity and then get mouthy. Learn to apologize when you're clearly wrong and you don't have to worry about getting punched

As it turned out Geno was a prick.  

Then he ran into someone who was worse, someone who acted like a criminal, someone who assaulted him and should have been jailed.  But whatever, we hate Geno and credit the assaulter in this case.  Funny what sports does to peoples moral compass.  

We'll agree to disagree with how deserved this was.

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, Dcat said:

The Knicks celebrating their flagrant fouls at the end was classless and disgusting to see as a fan.  Atlanta won't forget and will play with fury on Wednesday and they will likely win in 5.

Think they were celebrating a teammate backing another teammate.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Nice explanation Jet Nut. You just refused to mention the last part of your answer as I recall. If you did, I never saw it. I never saw you admit that Geno stiffing IK was a real scumbag thing to do. As did pretty much everyone else. They were UNWILLING to call Geno out for what he was. He was a 100% SH*THEAD and I rejoiced when that scumbag was no longer a Jet.

It was obvious very early that Geno wasnt the type of person playing for the jets that you could be behind and hope succeeded other than for obvious reasons.  But not on a personal level 

On 5/22/2021 at 6:35 PM, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm always interested in New York fan geography (honestly).  Is Long Island more a Jets or Giants area?  In my head I picture lots of Jets/Mets/Islanders combos.

Theres a slight leaning towards jets/mets/islanders on long island. But plenty of giants/ rangers/yankee fans too. As you get into the 5 boroughs its more of a mix but it certainly starts to lean towards giants/yankees/rangers

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

But actually I don't think it worked in Genos case? I'll bet he's still the bag of sh*t he always was....

5 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Or better yet just be a leader, something he was supposed to be in the first place....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

As it turned out Geno was a prick.  

Then he ran into someone who was worse, someone who acted like a criminal, someone who assaulted him and should have been jailed.  But whatever, we hate Geno and credit the assaulter in this case.  Funny what sports does to peoples moral compass.  

We'll agree to disagree with how deserved this was.

Well, see that's where you've got me wrong Jet Nut if you're referring to me? I never condoned IK slugging him. Bowles was right for cutting him. I just think Geno, because of salary cap concerns, never paid the piper the way he should have. And I do believe his role in this fiasco was far more egregious than IK's.