Zach at the Islanders game

29 minutes ago, Lith said:

I will take them however they go in.  1-1.

Lets keep it going.

Edit.  Two of the ugliest goals in Islander playoff history give us the lead. You don't get any bonus points for style. 2-1.

That 3rd goal was pretty though.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Damn 3-2 Islanders, Boston just scored.

I'm happy for you Jets/Islanders fans your Islanders are fighting big time on the road. 

NY's goalie is playing awesome but wow is Boston attacking this is INTENSE. 

I'm a Devils fan, but I'll take any opportunity to see NY/NJ kick Boston's ass.  Not to mention seems like a third of the Islanders are ex-Devils anyways.

Plus that Islander/Penguin series was awesome.

I'm definitely on this Islander train for this playoff run.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I'm a Devils fan, but I'll take any opportunity to see NY/NJ kick Boston's ass.  Not to mention seems like a third of the Islanders are ex-Devils anyways.

Plus that Islander/Penguin series was awesome.

I'm definitely on this Islander train for this playoff run.

If we don't find a way to get the next goal, it is not likely to be a long playoff run.  Would be a great time for Barzal to step up.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

If we don't find a way to get the next goal, it is not likely to be a long playoff run.  Would be a great time for Barzal to step up.

I don't know about that.  Taking Boston to OT in the 2nd game says a lot.

Boston sure would be favored, but I'd be excited for game 3 on the Island with some crazy fans.

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Well, see that's where you've got me wrong Jet Nut if you're referring to me? I never condoned IK slugging him. Bowles was right for cutting him. I just think Geno, because of salary cap concerns, never paid the piper the way he should have. And I do believe his role in this fiasco was far more egregious than IK's.

Nah, I was responding to someone who believes not only should he have had his jaw broken but it should have been done earlier.  

I agreed with IK getting cut, never should assault anyone.  I get it, Geno owed him $600 dollars and should have paid him as soon as he bailed on the event.  But not only dont you assault someone you dont knock your teams QB out for the season.  

I love the fact how our JN mods are letting both Knicks and Islanders fans unite on our main Jets forum during the playoffs; instead of burying within Other Sports section. 

• If an NY Knicks fan creates a Knicks thread? Automatically moved to Other Sports. 

• If an Islanders fan creates a Islanders Thread? Automatically moved to Other Sports. 

Etc. 

However...

If Robert Saleh visits Madison Square Garden for an NYK game and/or Zach Wilson attends an Islanders game? These threads STICK (here on our main Jets forum). 

And I've absolutely loved and enjoyed it. 

@Maxman and JN Mods.... Thnx you!

7 hours ago, doitny said:

great game, and scary. Boston controlled the 3rd period. you just knew they were going to tie the game. we got a nice lucky break in OT. 

Definitely got some puck luck in that game, but at least last night, unlike game 1, we had stretches where we had the better of play.  We played a very strong 2nd period and played well in OT, and that is when we caught a couple breaks.  Generate pressure, forecheck aggressivley, pressure the D and good things happen.  Definitely was a lucky bounce off a skate to send Cizikas in alone, but he still needed to beat Rask.  We got a break, but we took advantage of it.  Now we head home tied.

• Upvote 1

I think Sam used to go to games it’s a good thing. But don’t expect Zach to take a pass at hanging out with supermodels Sam didn’t (take a pass). As for not wanting to deal with a super obnoxious fan that’s also a good thing shows decisiveness and good judgment. 

10 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Grew up a Rangers fan as a kid in the 90's (casual/playoff type fan) but I can't lie. I'm catching a little NY Islanders fever during this Playoff run. 

The passion of our NY sports fans regardless if Yankees/Mets, Jets/Giants, Rangers/Islanders etc is simply incredible and 2nd to none come the playoffs. 

I can literally watch that clip of those NYI fans erupting 100x back to back; that was so RAW EMOTION! 

Happy for you longtime suffering (Jets) guys. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/31/2021 at 8:14 PM, NYJ1 said:

Or better yet just be a leader, something he was supposed to be in the first place....

Isn't that a long winded approach to how I felt about Geno? Same way I felt about LeBron leaving for the locker room with 5 minutes left. Uber talent can't teach you leadership. 

Imagine being the rest of those guys getting a pep talk from him now..... he's going to last one game longer than the knicks

On 5/22/2021 at 6:35 PM, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm always interested in New York fan geography (honestly).  Is Long Island more a Jets or Giants area?  In my head I picture lots of Jets/Mets/Islanders combos.

Jets were a Queens team, the Mets also, and Lawn Gisland is right next door, so that accounts for a great deal of that.

You also get alot of Giants/Yankees/Rangers. The Giants and Rangers were/are Manhattan teams, Yankees the Bronx; although that used to be largely peppered in with New York Giants (Manhattan) baseball fans. The Knicks, also Manhattan. 

Not sure where that leaves a lot of Brooklyn Dodgers fans and NY Giants baseball fans . . . Oh, wait, California, lol.

My family was a little odd here. Jets/Yankees/Rangers/Knicks. I was born in NYC, my folks were originally Manhattanies, but then we lived in Flushing Queens. 

My rabid Jets fan friend, Vinnie, is Jets/Mets/Rangers. Funny thing, I never asked my Daddy why he hated the New York Football Giants so much, although I know there's a story to that for sure. I'm talking hatred. Him and my Uncle used to go to the NY Titans games at the Polo Grounds, started going faithfully to every Jets game in 1960, and then became season ticket holders in 1963. I was born in 1964 and adopted a couple of years later. My first live Jets game was in 1970, and that it became a regular Father/Daughter thing. My Mom used to dress me up like Randy from 'A Christmas Story' in the Winter: "I can't put my arms down!" We went every Sunday to the madness that was Shea Stadium, what a sick gig (people have no idea). Anyway, it was a huge bond.

Thanks for bringing up a great conversation. If anyone wants to hear any 'Shea Stadium Stories', I'd be happy to share. All of my stories are true, all of them. The Ushers, for instance, were all in their 80s. "You there, you stop that," during a free for all brawl. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 5/30/2021 at 1:37 PM, Dcat said:

I endured those as my kids grew up.  And the Teletubbies were quite creepy. 

Lately we've put on Coco melon for my 1.5 year old grandson (Netflix). Much better than the others.

Aww, congatulations a year and a half late, Gramps. Blessings. 

• Sympathy 1

On 5/31/2021 at 5:56 PM, Jet Nut said:

As it turned out Geno was a prick.  

Then he ran into someone who was worse, someone who acted like a criminal, someone who assaulted him and should have been jailed.  But whatever, we hate Geno and credit the assaulter in this case.  Funny what sports does to peoples moral compass.  

We'll agree to disagree with how deserved this was.

It's an NFL locker room. Not an office. All money considerations aside you can't shove your finger in somebody's face when you're in the wrong and tell them they won't do sh*t. I feel like any self respecting person would toss a right hook. NFL lockerooms are clearly higher levels of testosterone, but **** that. I'd punch anyone who did that to me. Im not even violent or disagreeable. There's boundaries. Just poking me in the face alone would set me off

Were not far removed from apes on a long term evolutionary scale and NFL locker rooms are a couple hundred thousand years behind that. You can't respond to what Geno did with anything but a punch

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

It's an NFL locker room. Not an office. All money considerations aside you can't shove your finger in somebody's face when you're in the wrong and tell them they won't do sh*t. I feel like any self respecting person would toss a right hook. NFL lockerooms are clearly higher levels of testosterone, but **** that. I'd punch anyone who did that to me. Im not even violent or disagreeable. There's boundaries. Just poking me in the face alone would set me off

Were not far removed from apes on a long term evolutionary scale and NFL locker rooms are a couple hundred thousand years behind that. You can't respond to what Geno did with anything but a punch

Apparently we havent evolved from the apes in your eyes.  Assault is assault.  

What Geno did was wrong and IKs response was wrong. 

I dont agree that because its football its different.

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Apparently we havent evolved from the apes in your eyes.  Assault is assault.  

What Geno did was wrong and IKs response was wrong. 

I dont agree that because its football its different.

They literally assault each other on the field and destroy their bodies 16 Sundays a year for huge money and our entertainment. If violence bothers you stop watching football. It is different and I don't know how you'd react to somebody poking you in the face running his mouth, but was IK supposed to go run and tell the teacher? You might be Ghandi, but he would have sucked at football

14 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

They literally assault each other on the field and destroy their bodies 16 Sundays a year for huge money and our entertainment. If violence bothers you stop watching football. It is different and I don't know how you'd react to somebody poking you in the face running his mouth, but was IK supposed to go run and tell the teacher? You might be Ghandi, but he would have sucked at football

Playing football isnt assault.  Punching someone in the face is.  So dont put out the loony dont watch football comment.  One is why we watch football, the other could have landed IK in court.  No one poked IK in the face in his face.  He sucker punched a teammate in his face, cheap shotted him.  There was a whole lot of middle ground between telling the teacher, being a Ghandi and what IK did.

If you liked Geno you would be singing a different story lets face it 

Your whole argument is ridiculous 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Dude. You can't be serious. 

You ever heard of the term of being a bigger man? 

IK was selfish (Geno was greedy). IK put himself over his teammates and over $600.00 assaulted everyone's starting QB. 

Tackling one another while playing the game of Football isn't the same as sucker punching someone before breaking their jaw. 

My neighbor down here in Florida (big Jaguars fan) has owed me $20 for two weeks now. Was supposed to pay me back two weeks ago. Borrowed him $20 so he could buy some groceries (told me his paycheck was short and he'd pay me back the next day). Still has not paid me back. Keeps telling me "next week". 

What am I supposed to do, knock on his door and physically assault him over owed money? 

No thank you. I rather my daughter not see me in the back of a police car while his children have to see their dad hurt and in physical pain; over money. 

Etc. 

IK was wrong. He sucker punched the man. Physically assaulted him and should've been charged with a felony.  

In life you can't go around beating people up all because you didn't get your little way and/or disagree with a situation less than ideal. 

Geno was wrong. But that's no excuse to physically hurt a man while sucker punching him and breaking his jaw. 

He needed $600 so bad? Go flip burgers for a week. 

IK didn't sucker punch Geno over "money". IK sucker punched him because as a violent man he wanted to show off and show everyone he's able to pound on a smaller man. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1