Are we really going to start the season with zero pro experience at the QB spot?

3 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I am super excited to see Zach play, especially with this improved OL and WR group, but isn’t it a bit nuts that not one of our QBs has ever started an NFL game?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Are we really thinking the season starts in May?

I'm sure there will be a signing sometime soon

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

no doubt in my mind we will pick someone up...but who is out there? if i had to guess, we are going to wait out the cuts. for me guys like Foles, and Minshew are going to come available sooner rather than later.

I would be happy with either one of those guys.

32 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I hope so. Experience is over rated, why do I need to watch a terrible bum QB who been in the league 10 years and can't complete a pass? Give me one of the young guys and let's see if we can develop them. At least then we can potentially flip them for draft capital. 

This is supposedly the most qb friendly system we're installing. Our staff should have no problem making Morgan look good and turning him into a future 2nd round pick.

Being a mentor and a coach has little to do with how good you are as a player. I'd rather have Josh McCown mentoring Zach Wilson than Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. A mentor QB teaches the younger QB about work ethic and preparation. He has seen many plays from the sideline and can help with in game adjustments. There is a reason why you see guys like Chase Daniel stick around for so long. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Are we really going to start the season with zero pro experience at the QB spot?

Maybe.

5 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

.......but isn’t it a bit nuts that not one of our QBs has ever started an NFL game?

No.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

The cockiness of JD sneaking up again as one of his weaknesses. We need a veteran. God for bod Zach gets hurt this season will go south quickly with no plan b

Yes.

God for bod.

I know I simply wouldn't stand seeing our 4th round pick Morgan play when we could have the true all-time-greatness of Brian Hoyer.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I hope so. Experience is over rated, why do I need to watch a terrible bum QB who been in the league 10 years and can't complete a pass? Give me one of the young guys and let's see if we can develop them. At least then we can potentially flip them for draft capital. 

This is supposedly the most qb friendly system we're installing. Our staff should have no problem making Morgan look good and turning him into a future 2nd round pick.

Exactly, the keys to this franchise are now solely in the hand of Zach Wilson. What does it matter if his backup is Nick Foles, Brian Hoyer, James Morgan or whoever. If Wilson fails/gets injured or doesn’t work out for whatever reason then we’ll be back at square one looking for a new franchise QB

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes.

God for bod.

I know I simply wouldn't stand seeing our 4th round pick Morgan play when we could have the true all-time-greatness of Brian Hoyer.

As opposed to bod for god? 

Training camp | Tim tebow, Running in the rain, New york jets

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, k-met57 said:

no doubt in my mind we will pick someone up...but who is out there? if i had to guess, we are going to wait out the cuts. for me guys like Foles, and Minshew are going to come available sooner rather than later.

Bit would never approve of Foles rich family and all..

Nick Foles has earned an impressive amount of money for someone who is under 30 years old. However in his family he not even close to being the top bread winner. He was born into a very rich family because his father is a multimillionaire from his successes in his restaurant business. He co-founded Eddie V's Prime Seafood and sold it for a whopping $59 million in 2011. Foles has been wealthy his entire life and he might have needed to fall back on some of that dough if he did not get reinserted as the eagles starter this season. Foles fell off of the map after his one amazing season with the Eagles early in his career. He was then traded to the Rams and was a major disappointment there. After Carson Wentz went down many people thought the Eagles were doomed, but he has lead the team to two victories in his absence.

• Haha 1

do

7 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I am super excited to see Zach play, especially with this improved OL and WR group, but isn’t it a bit nuts that not one of our QBs has ever started an NFL game?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

do you think having Brian Hoyer on the bench makes this a better football team? To met.. that's nuts

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Bit would never approve of Foles rich family and all..

Nick Foles has earned an impressive amount of money for someone who is under 30 years old. However in his family he not even close to being the top bread winner. He was born into a very rich family because his father is a multimillionaire from his successes in his restaurant business. He co-founded Eddie V's Prime Seafood and sold it for a whopping $59 million in 2011. Foles has been wealthy his entire life and he might have needed to fall back on some of that dough if he did not get reinserted as the eagles starter this season. Foles fell off of the map after his one amazing season with the Eagles early in his career. He was then traded to the Rams and was a major disappointment there. After Carson Wentz went down many people thought the Eagles were doomed, but he has lead the team to two victories in his absence.

JetBlue Airlines, or JBLU on the Nasdaq, has a market cap value of 6.1 Billion. That 57 million from Eddie V's humble seafood business is just alright. And as we all know, "just alright doesn't fly around here."

Have a wonderful day and remember to take flight with JetBlue! 

??✈️

• WTF? 3

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Exactly, the keys to this franchise are now solely in the hand of Zach Wilson. What does it matter if his backup is Nick Foles, Brian Hoyer, James Morgan or whoever. If Wilson fails/gets injured or doesn’t work out for whatever reason then we’ll be back at square one looking for a new franchise QB

In the larger sense, yes, but what if we start 6-2 and then Wilson sprains his knee and has to miss a month? You comfortable rolling Morgan out there to go 0-4 in that stretch?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

JetBlue Airlines, or JBLU on the Nasdaq, has a market cap value of 6.1 Billion. That 57 million from Eddie V's humble seafood business is just alright. And as we all know, "just alright doesn't fly around here."

Have a wonderful day and remember to take flight with JetBlue! 

??✈️

To you it don't if we are talking about money..B)

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

In the larger sense, yes, but what if we start 6-2 and then Wilson sprains his knee and has to miss a month? You comfortable rolling Morgan out there to go 0-4 in that stretch?

When Brady got hurt in 2008 7th rd pick Cassel replaced him and he wasn't even a starter in college.. How many games did Flacco win last year when Sam was hurt?? Zero

4 hours ago, slats said:

It's different, that's for sure. I'd think Nick Mullens would be their guy if they were going to pick someone up. We've become pretty accustomed to the team starting rookie QBs, though, how much more of an issue is it to open the season with a second year backup? They drafted Morgan to be that guy. How long should they wait on him? 

Definitely look forward to seeing him in the preseason. 

Morgan will never take a snap at QB.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes.

God for bod.

Remember when Bledsoe got knocked out against the Jets the Pats were forced to put in the 2nd year 6th rd pick..:rolleyes: 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2