Are we really going to start the season with zero pro experience at the QB spot?

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

evidence of making a QB worse off by having a senior QB doesnt bare out

Actually those who sit a year have the most success 

Im not even asking for that, but at least some competition 

It also does not bear out that a veteran helps either.

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2021 at 3:26 PM, STLuLu said:

Now that Darnold is gone, you wanna use his experience as a factor to why he will have a better proformace than Wilson? When he was here, people used Darnold's 38 games started as evidence to why he sucked. If his experience makes him better than a rookie, then it would have made sense to have kept him. But if his experience doesn't make a difference and he sucks either, why ask that question?

tenor-2.gif.a4fe95f5d508a5f2ae5bcfe6b14d5246.gif

On 7/26/2021 at 3:26 PM, STLuLu said:

Now that Darnold is gone, you wanna use his experience as a factor to why he will have a better proformace than Wilson? When he was here, people used Darnold's 38 games started as evidence to why he sucked. If his experience makes him better than a rookie, then it would have made sense to have kept him. But if his experience doesn't make a difference and he sucks either, why ask that question?

If Darnold has a good year, you know what we're going to hear here. It was his receivers that bailed him out. Mccaffrey can make even Darnold look good. It's so predictable.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Not sure the rush to throw a 22 year old who was tossing balls against teams like hawaii to a week 1 nfl defense 

Or teams like USC, Utah, UCF. Boise State, Washington, Tennessee, and Coastal Catolina. 

But sure, dont mention them. Anything to make your argument sound better amiright?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Or teams like USC, Utah, UCF. Boise State, Washington, Tennessee, and Coastal Catolina. 

But sure, dont mention them. Anything to make your argument sound better amiright?

Are you comparing UCF coastal Carolina noise state and utah to nfl defenses? Asking for a friend 

15 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Are you comparing UCF coastal Carolina noise state and utah to nfl defenses? Asking for a friend 

THATS the angle you're going with that? Really? Lol.

No. You're making a half hearted attempted to claim Wilson didnt play anyone because he played against Hawaii, while ignoring that he played plenty of programs that produce NFL level talent. 

• Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, JTJet said:

THATS the angle you're going with that? Really? Lol.

No. You're making a half hearted attempted to claim Wilson didnt play anyone because he played against Hawaii, while ignoring that he played plenty of programs that produce NFL level talent. 

Because he didn’t 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

What are you really trying to say?

Which college programs did Doug Williams play for while @ Grambling? 

Which college programs did Phil Sims play against while @ Morehead State? 

Which college programs did Steve McNair play against while @ Alcorn State?

Which college programs did Rich Gannon play against while @ Delaware? 

Whhich college programs did Joe Flacco play against while @ Delaware?

Which college programs did Kurt Warner play against while @ Northern Iowa?

Which college programs did Tony Romo play against while @ Eastern Illinois? 

Which college programs did Patrick Mahomes play against while @ Texas Tech? 

Which college programs did Josh Allen play against while @ Wyoming? 

etc.

And if I were to do real research I bet I could create a list of 50-100 other small school kids who later became awesome NFL QBs. 

So once again what are you really trying to say? 

Because what Zach Wilson did @ BYU while posting the NCAA's 6th highest QB Rating All-Time last year was 10x more impressive than QBs like Trevor Lawrence/Justin Fields/Mac Jones who were surrounded by nothing but NFL talent while @ Clemson/Ohio State/Alabama. None of those QBs did more with less than Zach Wilson did. 

There's a reason why QBs from FSU/Miami U/Gators/Alabama/Clemson/Ohio State etc BUST 99.9% of the time because they go from overwhelming and unfair NCAA advantages over lesser NCAA Defenses before falling flat on their face once on an even NFL playing field (but yet fans such as myself fall for the "big name powerhouse NCAA QB" every time. 

• Ben Roethlisberger. Miami of OHIO. 

• Chad Pennington. Marshall. 

• Steve Young. BYU (HELLO).

Should I continue creating my underdog QB list to prove a point?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What are you really trying to say?

Which college programs did Doug Williams play for while @ Grambling? 

Which college programs did Phil Sims play against while @ Morehead State? 

Which college programs did Steve McNair play against while @ Alcorn State?

Which college programs did Rich Gannon play against while @ Delaware? 

Whhich college programs did Joe Flacco play against while @ Delaware?

Which college programs did Kurt Warner play against while @ Northern Iowa?

Which college programs did Tony Romo play against while @ Eastern Illinois? 

Which college programs did Patrick Mahomes play against while @ Texas Tech? 

Which college programs did Josh Allen play against while @ Wyoming? 

etc.

And if I were to do real research I bet I could create a list of 50-100 other small school kids who later became awesome NFL QBs. 

So once again what are you really trying to say? 

Because what Zach Wilson did @ BYU while posting the NCAA's 6th highest QB Rating All-Time last year was 10x more impressive than QBs like Trevor Lawrence/Justin Fields/Mac Jones who were surrounded by nothing but NFL talent while @ Clemson/Ohio State/Alabama. None of those QBs did more with less than Zach Wilson did. 

There's a reason why QBs from FSU/Miami U/Gators/Alabama/Clemson/Ohio State etc BUST 99.9% of the time because they go from overwhelming and unfair NCAA advantages over lesser NCAA Defenses before falling flat on their face once on an even NFL playing field (but yet fans such as myself fall for the "big name powerhouse NCAA QB" every time. 

• Ben Roethlisberger. Miami of OHIO. 

• Chad Pennington. Marshall. 

• Steve Young. BYU (HELLO).

Should I continue creating my underdog QB list to prove a point?

Wow let me point out what is maybe 00.2 percent of quarterbacks  ever drafted to make my statistically shaky point.  

How many quarterbacks from all of the schools your mentioned are there in the nfl? Does it to do with level of play and opposing teams and conference?

This is the kinda tired argument that reminds us all that “tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round!” Not accounting for over 90 percent of 6th round picks never making an nfl starting lineup ?‍♂️

17 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Wow let me point out what is maybe 00.2 percent of quarterbacks  ever drafted to make my statistically shaky point.  

How many quarterbacks from all of the schools your mentioned are there in the nfl? Does it to do with level of play and opposing teams and conference?

This is the kinda tired argument that reminds us all that “tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round!” Not accounting for over 90 percent of 6th round picks never making an nfl starting lineup ?‍♂️

Zach Wilson is different.

Zach Wilson just put up the 6th highest single season NCAA QB Rating of All-Time.  

Zach Wilson just became the 2nd highest drafted player All-Time out of BYU dating back to 1938 (Steve Young #1 overall of 1984) ; that's how awesome he was. 

Put Zach Wilson on Clemson's loaded offense or Alabama's NFL offense and he goes undefeated. 

And it's not "0.002%". 

I only gave you 12 examples. But there are hundreds of examples of QBs from smaller schools outside of the "SEC" and "ACC" who've had successful NFL careers. 

It's actually 0.002% of QBs from the SEC/ACC who become great NFL QB's because most of them bust.

Would you like to see a list of all the "big name" college program QB busts?

Because we can start with FSU (my team), Miami U, Gators, Alabama, Georgia, Clemson (not named Watson), Ohio State and Notre Dame dating back to the 1980s to really prove a point...