Jets at Panthers game #1. Lets's just call it what it is: Ecstasy vs. Pure Pain, and the NFL schedulers knows it!

23 hours ago, Alka said:

As a Jets fan, I do not want to think about this game.  The pleasure of winning the game is only outweighed by the extreme pain of losing this game.

We got rid of Sam Darnold, calling him a "bust" and a guy that the Jets needed in the worst way to get rid of.  The Jets have invested their entire future on Zach Wilson.  Jets fans are looking for a new beginning, a new day.

Well, that new day could start off as a Category 3 Hurricane, right on the doorstep of Florham Park.  

Yeah, I know you Jets fans out there will already start making excuses if we lose!  Zach is in his first game, he has not NFL experience, and Darnold has 3 NFL seasons behind him.  And, the Jets were the worst team in the NFL last year, with a bunch of new pieces, and the Panthers are not that bad, and they are playing at home.

I don't want to hear it!  I don't care!  

It's like the NFL schedulers want to inflict more pain on the Jets organization and Jets fans in general.  

If the Jets win, I will be profoundly relieved.  If they lose, unfortunately I have been conditioned to expect exactly that, and I am already not happy about it.

Let the pain continue!

At least the devils lettuce is legal now...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2021 at 9:46 AM, Alka said:

As a Jets fan, I do not want to think about this game.  The pleasure of winning the game is only outweighed by the extreme pain of losing this game.

We got rid of Sam Darnold, calling him a "bust" and a guy that the Jets needed in the worst way to get rid of.  The Jets have invested their entire future on Zach Wilson.  Jets fans are looking for a new beginning, a new day.

Well, that new day could start off as a Category 3 Hurricane, right on the doorstep of Florham Park.  

Yeah, I know you Jets fans out there will already start making excuses if we lose!  Zach is in his first game, he has not NFL experience, and Darnold has 3 NFL seasons behind him.  And, the Jets were the worst team in the NFL last year, with a bunch of new pieces, and the Panthers are not that bad, and they are playing at home.

I don't want to hear it!  I don't care!  

It's like the NFL schedulers want to inflict more pain on the Jets organization and Jets fans in general.  

If the Jets win, I will be profoundly relieved.  If they lose, unfortunately I have been conditioned to expect exactly that, and I am already not happy about it.

Let the pain continue!

Seriously? With a bunch of rookies and first time Jet players, new CS, and some of the worst DB's in the league, you are seriously giving the Jets the advantage because their QB is Darnold?

23 hours ago, Alka said:

I realize that this may make me sound like a loser, but I have invested a lot emotionally throughout my life as a Jets fan.  

I was intensely watching the Heidi game, and the memory of me getting ousted of watching the ending is still with me.  I was at the fake spike game, and the thought of that game still bothers me.  The AFC Championship game where Don Shula left the field uncovered the night before so the Fins would have a better shot at winning the game still bothers me, and on, and on, and on....

Sorry, for me it is more than just one game.  I am happy for you, in that is not a big deal.  It is a big deal for me.

Season 4 Episode 10 GIF by Rick and Morty

23 hours ago, Alka said:

I'm with you.  For you, going to the game with your son is a big win. I hope you have a great time.

If Darnold gets 367 yards through the air, 2 touchdown passes and no interceptions.   

Zach Wilson, 167 yards in the air, 0 touchdowns and 2 interceptions.  

Final Score:  Panthers 24; Jets 10.

For me, pain and great disappointment.  Especially since I wanted the Jets to keep Darnold and give it another shot with a new head coach and better surrounding players.  

I want to be wrong, I want Zach to start off great, and I want Darnold to delay restarting his career over with a poor performance until after the game.

This is not my predication however; it is just my nightmare.

There is no way the Jets could keep Darnold and it had nothing to do with talent. The clock ran out. JD had good options at QB in this draft and Darnold was still an unknown. Better to go with an unknown you don't  have to resign to a large contract.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mfmartin said:

Considering Sam Darnold has never put up 350 yards ever in a game, I wouldn’t worry too much.

A fact that is sad and pathetic in today's NFL.

In his 3-year career to date (38 starts), Darnold only has four 300+ yard games and three 3+ TD games.

By comparison, as a rookie, last season (15 starts) Justin Herbert had eight 300+ yard games and six 3+ TD games.  Behind the # 32-ranked Offensive Line and with a HC who ended up getting fired.  (And no, Herbert having superior weppppinnzzz doesn't fully explain that gap in play, DarnoldBros.)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

its just one game. even if sam does well and wins it just gives the sam fans a few weeks to brag.

i dont know what Wilson will be, but im pretty sure what sam is.

Mark Sanchez, without the playoff wins.

even if sam wins 8-9 games Carolina will see hes not a good QB. he needs a stacked team around him to succeed. good QBs dont need that. sam will never be good enough to carry his team on his shoulders.

Trubinsky, Goff, Jimmy G, all had success. they won many games and 2 SB losses yet all 3 were replaced by their teams. why? i dont know, but my guess is that the teams made these guys better, not that they made there team better.

so dont worry if Carolina wins. in the long run sam will be sam and suck. we will have the last laugh on that. we just got to hope we got the right guy. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Seriously? With a bunch of rookies and first time Jet players, new CS, and some of the worst DB's in the league, you are seriously giving the Jets the advantage because their QB is Darnold?

And yet they still can beat this Panther team

Because the Panthers arent really a better team, theyre kind of similar

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And yet they still can beat this Panther team

Because the Panthers arent really a better team, theyre kind of similar

Will be interesting to see how Saleh approaches game defensively. If it were me, I'd go full contain on McCaffrey and dare Darnold to beat us.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

Will be interesting to see how Saleh approaches game defensively. If it were me, I'd go full contain on McCaffrey and dare Darnold to beat us.

I would think thats the plan.  Apply pressure to Darnold and play for the big turnover

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetophile said:

Well, now THAT was a trip down Memory Lane.

Oh, and I second the comments on Henry Hertz. An old die hard Jets fan - driven somewhat mad like the rest of us from being a Jets fan over a long period of time/exposure to toxic franchise fumes, and a little preoccupied with lotions and self abuse. He speaks in his own hallucinatory pun-filled language, but a fan, nonetheless. Another refugee (IIRC) from the long ago NY Times chat pages, and the nyjetschat site before they imploded. There are a bunch of others here who remember those days (over a decade ago.)

• Upvote 1