Who is going to be your favorite player in 2021?

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Corey Davis will be a monster for the Jets 

Will be difficult for the Jets to have one, much less two, monster WRs in 2021 unless Wilson is outrageously good out of the gate. As a Mims' truther, I'm sticking with my belief/hope that 2021 will be his coming out party. 

12 hours ago, jgb said:

Will be difficult for the Jets to have one, much less two, monster WRs in 2021 unless Wilson is outrageously good out of the gate. As a Mims' truther, I'm sticking with my belief/hope that 2021 will be his coming out party. 

You can be a monster without getting 100 targets.  2 monsters, please!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You can be a monster without getting 100 targets.  2 monsters, please!

Crawl before you walk. Jets haven't had an offensive pro bowler since Mangold. No offensive skill position pro bowler since Bmarsh and before that it was C-Mart IIRC.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Crawl before you walk. Jets haven't had an offensive pro bowler since Mangold. No offensive skill position pro bowler since C-Mart IIRC.

That's about to change, just a gut feeling. Moore, Becton amd AVT. Zach TBD.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Crawl before you walk. Jets haven't had an offensive pro bowler since Mangold. No offensive skill position pro bowler since Bmarsh and before that it was C-Mart IIRC.

Sure, but I'm just being optimistic here.  I love what Davis and Mims bring to the table, even if neither are necessarily "monsters".  If they exceed even those high expectations, even better. 

I just don't see anything wrong with hoping for 2 "monsters" at WR, or believing that it isn't possible simply because there's only 1 ball to go around.  Several teams have those WR 1a/1b situations.  Most notably TB with Godwin/Evans.  Less recently, it was Minnesota with Diggs and Thielen.  So why not us, too?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure, but I'm just being optimistic here.  I love what Davis and Mims bring to the table, even if neither are necessarily "monsters".  If they exceed even those high expectations, even better. 

I just don't see anything wrong with hoping for 2 "monsters" at WR, or believing that it isn't possible simply because there's only 1 ball to go around.  Several teams have those WR 1a/1b situations.  Most notably TB with Godwin/Evans.  Less recently, it was Minnesota with Diggs and Thielen.  So why not us, too?

Nothing wrong with hoping. I just think it’s going out on a limb to predict one monster with a rookie QB much less two. Davis was never the man, got outplayed by AJ Brown and his 5th year wasn’t picked up. Granted slow developers happen with WRs but my money still on Mims. He is an A+++ athlete and his first year catching passes from Darnold was impressive.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Nothing wrong with hoping. I just think it’s going out on a limb to predict one monster with a rookie QB much less two. Davis was never the man, got outplayed by AJ Brown and his 5th year wasn’t picked up. Granted slow developers happen with WRs but my money still on Mims. He is an A+++ athlete and his first year catching passes from Darnold was impressive.

Nothing wrong with getting outplayed by AJ Brown.  He’s a beast.  Has the look of a top 5 WR.

Agreed fully on Mims.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nothing wrong with getting outplayed by AJ Brown.  He’s a beast.  Has the look of a top 5 WR.

Agreed fully on Mims.

With a god like Tannehill throwing him the ball, Davis should’ve had 2,500 yards in 2020 ;) 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...