MetLife Returning to Full Capacity

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Unvaccinated people are still encouraged to social distance and wear masks, Murphy said, though the state will not require people to show proof of their vaccinations status.

“We are currently reviewing stadium policies and protocols as our commitment to the health and safety of our guests and staff remains our top priority,”

The Governor has left open the option for private businesses to make their own protocols in regards to mask wearing and vaccinations. This quote from Metlife Stadium suggests it won't be the free for all some are thinking. 

Capture.jpg
The New York Jets have consistently been Top 5 in attendance in the entire NFL since MetLife Stadium opened and have been #2 in attendance in the entire NFL since 2017.  The Jets cost $635M in 2000 and are now valued at $3.6B.
Woody Johnson may not know how to hire a GM or HC, but he is a brilliant businessman.
SAR I
SAR ... is this actual attendance?? Or tickets sold? Not the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Rather go to road games until they decide to get their own place

Enjoy road games forever I guess.

Paying higher prices for their own stadium is not going to happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Capture.jpg

The New York Jets have consistently been Top 5 in attendance in the entire NFL since MetLife Stadium opened and have been #2 in attendance in the entire NFL since 2017.  The Jets cost $635M in 2000 and are now valued at $3.6B.

Woody Johnson may not know how to hire a GM or HC, but he is a brilliant businessman.

SAR I

Would be interesting to know what the attendance is for the 4th qrt of games

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Enjoy road games forever I guess.

Paying higher prices for their own stadium is not going to happen.

That will depend on the deal they can get from a prospective locality.  Which nobody can predict.  Otherwise, the Raiders would have never left

And yes, I will.   I will see every stadium in the league over the next 10- 15 years.   And the travel time  to and from the game will be just about the same

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Would be interesting to know what the attendance is for the 4th qrt of games

Ask the burping farting tailgaters who can't wait to get back to the asphalt and their Chevy's and drink warm beer.  They miss most of the 1st quarter too.

SAR I

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Capture.jpg

SAR I

Someone doesn't know how opportunity cost works.

P.S... It's you.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Unvaccinated people are still encouraged to social distance and wear masks, Murphy said, though the state will not require people to show proof of their vaccinations status.

"Show us your antibodies! Show us your antibodies!"

Just now, Cornfed said:

"Show us your antibodies! Show us your antibodies!"

There's a far more clever version of my bad joke rattling around somewhere in the universe. Something about old chants asking to see bare parts of bodies and new chants asking to see antibodies.

I got nuthin....

On 5/25/2021 at 7:26 AM, DetroitRed said:

That will depend on the deal they can get from a prospective locality.  Which nobody can predict.  Otherwise, the Raiders would have never left

And yes, I will.   I will see every stadium in the league over the next 10- 15 years.   And the travel time  to and from the game will be just about the same

That is great, I am happy that you enjoy road games. To each his own, I enjoy the home games.

That said, they aren't opting out. Not a chance. It can be predicted.

Colts and Broncos are the only teams left that haven't made this announcement.

Indianapolis is still under a mask mandate with capacity limits, but word on the street is that they're keeping this in place until the first week of June.  Rumor has it that they haven't lifted these restrictions in Indianapolis because they didn't want to open things up prior to the Indy 500 and have to deal with 300,000+ people at the track this year.

On 5/25/2021 at 3:17 PM, SAR I said:

Ask the burping farting tailgaters who can't wait to get back to the asphalt and their Chevy's and drink warm beer.  They miss most of the 1st quarter too.

SAR I

Something strange happens to your digestive system once your salary goes into 6 figures

Flower Fart GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 5/24/2021 at 6:48 PM, SAR I said:

Capture.jpg

SAR I

Wow! You actually posted something that is useful.

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Colts and Broncos are the only teams left that haven't made this announcement.

Indianapolis is still under a mask mandate with capacity limits, but word on the street is that they're keeping this in place until the first week of June.  Rumor has it that they haven't lifted these restrictions in Indianapolis because they didn't want to open things up prior to the Indy 500 and have to deal with 300,000+ people at the track this year.

We would have joined them if we were still in New York. One time that being in New Jersey is good for the team.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

That is great, I am happy that you enjoy road games. To each his own, I enjoy the home games.

That said, they aren't opting out. Not a chance. It can be predicted.

Really can not. Just ask those who predicted the raiders would not move.  Here is exactly your argument turning put wrong 

https://cohn.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/18923/10-reasons-raiders-wont-move-to-la/

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets were second in attendance in 2019

LOL.  Can't tell you how many empty seats there were for every game.  I don't know if they are counting attendance or tickets sold.

Here's the other thing.  Near the end of a pre-season game in 2018, I saw a pair of Jets employees with a stacks of unused tickets scanning them at the gate.  Pumping up phony attendance for that game.  I should have videoed it and posted at the time.  Complete fraud.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Really can not. Just ask those who predicted the raiders would not move.  Here is exactly your argument turning put wrong 

https://cohn.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/18923/10-reasons-raiders-wont-move-to-la/

Anything can be predicted. In this case, my prediction will stand the test of time. The jets arent opting out.

Inflation is crazy right now, people can't afford to build decks. No way the jets are building a new stadium in another state that business people are moving out of.

12 hours ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  Can't tell you how many empty seats there were for every game.  I don't know if they are counting attendance or tickets sold.

Here's the other thing.  Near the end of a pre-season game in 2018, I saw a pair of Jets employees with a stacks of unused tickets scanning them at the gate.  Pumping up phony attendance for that game.  I should have videoed it and posted at the time.  Complete fraud.

Tickets sold

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

No way the jets are building a new stadium in another state that business people are moving out of.

It's funny how people still believe the myth that the Jets fanbase is on Long Island.

Like we haven't been in New Jersey for 38 years, like every 50 year old season ticket holder from Shea Stadium isn't gone or in assisted living, like anyone under the age of 45 even knows anything other than New Jersey as the home of the Jets.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's funny how people still believe the myth that the Jets fanbase is on Long Island.

Like we haven't been in New Jersey for 38 years, like every 50 year old season ticket holder from Shea Stadium isn't gone or in assisted living, like anyone under the age of 45 even knows anything other than New Jersey as the home of the Jets.

SAR I

and even the older fans from Queens, Brooklyn, SI mostly have fleed the city for Jersey, PA, DE and other states on the East Coast.....

Part of our growing economy....gone are the days where people spent their whole lives in a 50 mile radius 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Anything can be predicted. In this case, my prediction will stand the test of time. The jets arent opting out.

Inflation is crazy right now, people can't afford to build decks. No way the jets are building a new stadium in another state that business people are moving out of.

Yes, thats what happens when you print money.  And yes, people are leaving States where they have to pay taxes out of their rears and don't enforce laws.  Who wouldn't?  And I am not limiting the potential move to only out of State.  

But, when their lease is up, they will have offers and that is when that decision will be made. You do know they have not committed past the current lease?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Yes, thats what happens when you print money.  And yes, people are leaving States where they have to pay taxes out of their rears and don't enforce laws.  Who wouldn't?  And I am not limiting the potential move to only out of State.  

But, when their lease is up, they will have offers and that is when that decision will be made. You do know they have not committed past the current lease?

This is going to end up down a political road so we will just have to let it play out. The Jets aren't leaving Metlife that is my official statement and we can bump this when the time is right.