NBA Playoff thread(other team’s besides Knicks)

Don’t know how many people come to the “Other Sports” section of the forum, but figured I’d let the Knicks fans have their space and not crash their thread with other playoff happenings lol. 

Lakers vs Suns is definitely the main card for today. I think PHX can win. They’re an overall super well rounded team. LA ran into an awful match up with this one. AD has to play better.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Don’t know how many people come to the “Other Sports” section of the forum, but figured I’d let the Knicks fans have their space and not crash their thread with other playoff happenings lol. 

Lakers vs Suns is definitely the main card for today. I think PHX can win. They’re an overall super well rounded team. LA ran into an awful match up with this one. AD has to play better.

What's interesting is that the vast majority of pundits picked  LA 

I personally felt that the Suns were being disrespected by the national media and picked the Suns in 6. Everyone is talking about AD (and rightfully so), but I think the other critical factor in the series is that Lebron is banged up and clearly not playing quite like prime Lebron. I don't think LA can repeat unless Lebron and AD play like the best versions of themselves. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I personally felt that the Suns were being disrespected by the national media and picked the Suns in 6. Everyone is talking about AD (and rightfully so), but I think the other critical factor in the series is that Lebron is banged up and clearly not playing quite like prime Lebron. I don't think LA can repeat unless Lebron and AD play like the best versions of themselves. 

Exactly, I know we can’t always compare reg season to post season in basketball as much, because sometimes, it’s like whole other sport in its own with the way. the game plans & intensity ramps up, but even from watching them in the reg season, I thought the Suns were extremely dangerous and well rounded. Top 10 in offensive & defensive rating. That’s a tough team. I watched them clobber my Blazers twice. I think the Suns can win this on 6 definitely. As you said, the only thing that can really save the Lakers (and I hate to say it because it’s only game 2) is LeBron and AD getting back to what they do. Hard to do that when you’re gimpy and hurting though.

The Lakers have to step up for each other today.

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Dallas Mavs being disrespected by Vegas. 

Dallas is up 1-0 in the series, but yet; Clippers are favored by -7.0 tonight? 

Nonsense. 

Being up 1-0 in the series is partly why the line is high tonight. 

People are expecting the desperate Clippers to bounce back at home in game 2. It has no bearing on who will actually win the series. 

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Dallas Mavs being disrespected by Vegas. 

Dallas is up 1-0 in the series, but yet; Clippers are favored by -7.0 tonight? 

Nonsense. 

It’s just because of the difference in rosters. The Clippers had a good regular season and house two star names, the Mavs had a good regular season but only house Luka.

it’s basically Kawhi/PG vs Luka - so they make a simplistic guess off that imo because both these rosters have some players on it. Clippers have a bit more depth than DAL.

Kawhi looks so uninterested in playing ball. PG is up and down & Luka isn’t playing around with these boys. They better act like they enjoy winning again before Luka goes up 2-0 on them.

On 5/25/2021 at 11:55 AM, slimjasi said:

Been saying it since the break, Ayton is the truth and he’ll be the best big man in the West very soon. They are a little too green as a team so I still think Lebron pulls something out of his ass but they handled the Knicks superb a few times this year and you could just see how good they are bound to be. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Update:

the Clippers roster should be forced to retire if they get swept by Dallas. This is embarrassing.

Luca is one of the greatest overall players in the game today. 

If I were having an NBA draft of all available players; I think I'm taking him #1 overall. 

This kid is a KILLER. 

@Patriot Killa

Your Oregon Blazers just lost again. 

Down 2-1 in the Series to a Denver team missing their starting PG in Jamal Murray. 

And an absolutely embarrassing Defense (248 points allowed over the previous two games ???).

And Damian Lillard can't escape the 1st round. Already 4 first round exits in his career. About to be a 5th 1st round exit for him. @ 30 years old imo he's not a future HOF player. 

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

@Patriot Killa

Your Oregon Blazers just lost again. 

Down 2-1 in the Series to a Denver team missing their starting PG in Jamal Murray. 

And an absolutely embarrassing Defense (248 points allowed over the previous two games ???).

And Damian Lillard can't escape the 1st round. Already 4 first round exits in his career. About to be a 5th 1st round exit for him. @ 30 years old imo he's not a future HOF player. 

How many times do you plan on tagging me in posts and begging me to give you the time of day?

3044B0D9-857E-4467-8BA6-9033DBCF71EA.thumb.jpeg.1746b10a45cf87bdf11a8b1973d60628.jpeg

This is getting weird pretty quickly, even for you. The Knicks haven’t been to the playoffs since Lillard got into the league, so I’m not really overly excited to argue with a dude who’s just soaking up the moment & happy to be in the 1st round. The awesome part about not being sensitive guy is even if Portland comes back and wins 4-2 and the Knicks lose the next 3 and get 4-1’d by ATL, you still wouldn’t have a single mention in your notifications from me because things like other people’s sports opinions don’t affect me so deeply & cause me to come off like a loudmouth loser when it comes down to it.

carry on though, champ. You’re doing great!

• Haha 2

image.thumb.png.cf49c493a9d6b816523079c3bab4a6ac.png

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

How many times do you plan on tagging me in posts and begging me to give you the time of day?

3044B0D9-857E-4467-8BA6-9033DBCF71EA.thumb.jpeg.1746b10a45cf87bdf11a8b1973d60628.jpeg

This is getting weird pretty quickly, even for you. The Knicks haven’t been to the playoffs since Lillard got into the league, so I’m not really overly excited to argue with a dude who’s just soaking up the moment & happy to be in the 1st round. The awesome part about not being sensitive guy is even if Portland comes back and wins 4-2 and the Knicks lose the next 3 and get 4-1’d by ATL, you still wouldn’t have a single mention in your notifications from me because things like other people’s sports opinions don’t affect me so deeply & cause me to come off like a loudmouth loser when it comes down to it.

carry on though, champ. You’re doing great!

Q: How many times did I plan on tagging you in posts? 

A: Just as many times as you came into our Knicks thread throughout the season with your clueless clown posts such as....

On 12/30/2020 at 12:20 PM, Patriot Killa said:

"So happy I’m not a fan of the most sh*t team in the NBA. I feel bad for you suckers".

On 12/30/2020 at 3:48 PM, Patriot Killa said:

"Idk I still think they’re the worst. Even the Magic look better".

On 1/5/2021 at 11:24 AM, Patriot Killa said:

"The blazers would be a top 4 seed in the east. The Knicks haven’t been relevant in decades and are painfully miserable. This isn’t the convo you want to have bucko". 

Etc. Etc. 

But then you have the nerve to say... "You still wouldn't receive a single notification from you if the Blazers win/Knicks lose"

You're a liar ????

PS: It takes both a coward and a little sissy-boy to troll an innocent longtime suffering Knicks fan base throughout all of 2020-2021 with clueless ? basketball posts; only to cry "victim" once your face is being mushed (with your own words). 

You freaking...

image.png.06b1af4121e7561c8269cbd0326a80c5.png

What's really WEIRD is the fact that you actually went out of your way to enter our Knicks threads throughout the year with your little clueless clown basketball posts (quotes above); only to cry "innocent victim" once you get your face mushed with your (own) clueless words. 

?

29 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Q: How many times did I plan on tagging you in posts? 

A: Just as many times as you came into our Knicks thread throughout the season with your clueless clown posts such as....

On 12/30/2020 at 12:20 PM, Patriot Killa said:

"So happy I’m not a fan of the most sh*t team in the NBA. I feel bad for you suckers".

On 12/30/2020 at 3:48 PM, Patriot Killa said:

"Idk I still think they’re the worst. Even the Magic look better".

On 1/5/2021 at 11:24 AM, Patriot Killa said:

"The blazers would be a top 4 seed in the east. The Knicks haven’t been relevant in decades and are painfully miserable. This isn’t the convo you want to have bucko". 

Etc. Etc. 

But then you have the nerve to say... "You still wouldn't receive a single notification from you if the Blazers win/Knicks lose"

You're a liar ????

PS: It takes both a coward and a little sissy-boy to troll an innocent longtime suffering Knicks fan base throughout all of 2020-2021 with clueless ? basketball posts; only to cry "victim" once your face is being mushed (with your own words). 

You freaking...

image.png.06b1af4121e7561c8269cbd0326a80c5.png

What's really WEIRD is the fact that you actually went out of your way to enter our Knicks threads throughout the year with your little clueless clown basketball posts (quotes above); only to cry "innocent victim" once you get your face mushed with your (own) clueless words. 

?

TL;DR

• WTF? 1

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

TL;DR

Yes. You did (truth hurts). 

You're just a clueless basketball fan who has too much pride to admit how much of a little ? you were throughout all of 2020-2021 (in regards to our Knicks). 

•  On 12/30/2020 at 12:20 PM, Patriot Killa said:

"So happy I’m not a fan of the most sh*t team in the NBA. I feel bad for you suckers".

• On 12/30/2020 at 3:48 PM, Patriot Killa said:

"Idk I still think they’re the worst. Even the Magic look better".

•On 1/5/2021 at 11:24 AM, Patriot Killa said:

"The blazers would be a top 4 seed in the east. The Knicks haven’t been relevant in decades and are painfully miserable. This isn’t the convo you want to have bucko.

But then you have the nerve to cry innocent victim after all of your  ? posts; now that I'm mushing your own words in your face? 

I'm sorry but it takes both a sissy boy and a coward to troll a longtime suffering NYK fan base throughout the season; only to play the role of "innocent poster" once being trolled in return (come the playoffs). 

image.thumb.png.8aa3f50e4482e654133dfeeb4658346d.png

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Yes. You did (truth hurts). 

You're just a clueless basketball fan who has too much pride to admit how much of a little ? you were throughout all of 2020-2021 (in regards to our Knicks). 

•  On 12/30/2020 at 12:20 PM, Patriot Killa said:

"So happy I’m not a fan of the most sh*t team in the NBA. I feel bad for you suckers".

• On 12/30/2020 at 3:48 PM, Patriot Killa said:

"Idk I still think they’re the worst. Even the Magic look better".

•On 1/5/2021 at 11:24 AM, Patriot Killa said:

"The blazers would be a top 4 seed in the east. The Knicks haven’t been relevant in decades and are painfully miserable. This isn’t the convo you want to have bucko.

But then you have the nerve to cry innocent victim after all of your  ? posts; now that I'm mushing your own words in your face? 

I'm sorry but it takes both a sissy boy and a coward to troll a longtime suffering NYK fan base throughout the season; only to play the role of "innocent poster" once being trolled in return (come the playoffs). 

image.thumb.png.8aa3f50e4482e654133dfeeb4658346d.png

Why are you name calling and disrespecting me over making me fun of a sports team you like? You don’t know me a second of your life and it makes you look like a giant douche bag. It’s not even that deep lmfao. I’m going to let you have this. You aren’t worth another post after this. I was minding my own business, you’re the one who came mentioning my name, throwing insults at me like a child and rambling on in novel length texts for what? For some posts I made picking at you & your team SEVEN months ago?

No sir, you have no class and you’re a weirdo for the way you interact with posters around here. People like you who take advantage of the fact they’re sitting behind a computer screen and can take it over the top without consequences are the ones who are “sissy-boy cowards” as you put it. You come off as a insecure, thin skinned beta male.

I’ve literally never had to put a poster on ignore before in my almost 10 years here. Congrats, you’re such a unbearable petulant baby, you’re the first one on the list. I’m not going to continue interacting with garbage who has to attack me personally over nothing.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Probably not. Just making my guess lol

Ha, betting lines are probability based margins based on getting bettors to bet both sides equally. For example, that’s why you see a line move when too many people bet one side. Has nothing to do with which team Vegas thinks will win. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Ha, betting lines are probability based margins based on getting bettors to bet both sides equally. For example, that’s why you see a line move when too many people bet one side. Has nothing to do with which team Vegas thinks will win. 

Okay I see, and the -7.0 is like a 7 point differential that the Clippers were likely to win by against Dallas in that particular game?

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Okay I see, and the -7.0 is like a 7 point differential that the Clippers were likely to win by against Dallas in that particular game?

Yes. Otherwise a disproportionate amount of people would bet the favorite. The line is the oddsmakers estimate for what differential will get an equal amount of people to bet both sides. 

• Upvote 1

Blazers vs Nuggets 

Lakers vs Suns.

both series sit at 2-2. Going to be a good night full of intense playoff basketball. Hope these Blazers can take this important Game 5.

Hate to be the one who says it, but...

None of us here (on JN) gives an NY's ? ass about your team from Oregon. 

I kid I kid. It's been a great Series and an even better game 5 tonight. Hope they advance for you. 

King James and his L.A Lakers are in trouble against the #2 seed Suns right now. Big time trouble. Series tied 2-2 and Chris Paul is going strong for PHX and ANTHONY DAVIS DNP tonight. 

Lakers going to be down 3-2 after tonight... Already down 10 ?

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Hate to be the one who says it, but...

None of us here (on JN) gives an NY's ? ass about your team from Oregon. 

I kid I kid. It's been a great Series and an even better game 5 tonight. Hope they advance for you. 

King James and his L.A Lakers are in trouble against the #2 seed Suns right now. Big time trouble. Series tied 2-2 and Chris Paul is going strong for PHX and ANTHONY DAVIS DNP tonight. 

Lakers going to be down 3-2 after tonight... Already down 10 ?

so close... Lillard would NOT go down.

so close... Lillard would NOT go down.

I just been busting your playoff chops ever since you talked sideways on our Knicks early season. 

Your boy Damian Lillard is an absolute freak and a can't miss future 1st ballot H.O.F PG. One of the greatest deep 3 point shooters of All-Time. They flashed a stat the other night. He has more 30+ foot 3 pointers than Steph Curry.

You gotta respect him too. 2012-2020. 9 years. One team. Portland. Gotta respect that.

Reminds you of 1990's basketball. Where every powerhouse team had their Star player (or two). 

Ewing. MJ. Reggie Miller. Alonzo Mourning. Stockton/Malone. Hakeem. David Robinson. Gary Payton. Mark Price. Etc. Those guys really represented and stood for NY, Chicago, Indiana, Miami, Utah, Houston, San Antonio, Seattle and Cleveland etc. 

Double overtime loss or not, 55 points, 10 assistss and 6 rebounds? An All-Time NBA postseason record of 12 playoff 3 pointers, made? 55 minutes and only 1 foul? One of the greatest playoff basketball performances of All-Time. 

Dame did everything he could possibly do tonight for a win while taking a 3-2 Series lead. It's your Defense. Swiss cheese. Can't allow 120 points end of 4th Q. 120 and 128 allowed during two other loses etc. 

Man. Still only 30 years old that's young for a PG Superstar. CP3's going age 36 (same age as me). 

If the Knicks had Lillard on this current squad? We'd become favorites out of the East. We've got the NBA's #1 DEFENSE that he's out there in Portland begging for and he's got an NBA top 5 player type of game that our Offense could only currently dream of featuring. 

Side note: Lakers in trouble. Lost by 30 tonight without A.D. Phnx isn't playing around. Up 3-2. Been serious all year. 

Win or lose I'll continue watching these Playoffs have been fun again. This is the type of b ball I've missed. These kids of the 2020's could be the greatest of them all (skills wise). We played Football in the 80s and 90s. These kids are playing like the real life Space jam. Unreal. When curry and dame shoot it's like we're watching aliens from another planet. 

• Upvote 1

Is this where we talk about how 36 year old, King Baby James, 20 years into his career is still a poor sport, cry baby bitch, who has zero respect for sportsmanship?  Leaves the game with 5 minutes left?  What a ******* bitch.  I know the dude is a class act off the court and does some amazing work in the community but his entire on-court career has been riddled with this type of juvenile poor sport behavior where he disrespects the game, his opponents and the fans who pay to see him. 

Flopping cry baby poor sport bitch but yeah tell more more about he's the goat  ////eyerolls. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I just been busting your playoff chops ever since you talked sideways on our Knicks early season. 

Your boy Damian Lillard is an absolute freak and a can't miss future 1st ballot H.O.F PG. One of the greatest deep 3 point shooters of All-Time. They flashed a stat the other night. He has more 30+ foot 3 pointers than Steph Curry.

You gotta respect him too. 2012-2020. 9 years. One team. Portland. Gotta respect that.

Reminds you of 1990's basketball. Where every powerhouse team had their Star player (or two). 

Ewing. MJ. Reggie Miller. Alonzo Mourning. Stockton/Malone. Hakeem. David Robinson. Gary Payton. Mark Price. Etc. Those guys really represented and stood for NY, Chicago, Indiana, Miami, Utah, Houston, San Antonio, Seattle and Cleveland etc. 

Double overtime loss or not, 55 points, 10 assistss and 6 rebounds? An All-Time NBA postseason record of 12 playoff 3 pointers, made? 55 minutes and only 1 foul? One of the greatest playoff basketball performances of All-Time. 

Dame did everything he could possibly do tonight for a win while taking a 3-2 Series lead. It's your Defense. Swiss cheese. Can't allow 120 points end of 4th Q. 120 and 128 allowed during two other loses etc. 

Man. Still only 30 years old that's young for a PG Superstar. CP3's going age 36 (same age as me). 

If the Knicks had Lillard on this current squad? We'd become favorites out of the East. We've got the NBA's #1 DEFENSE that he's out there in Portland begging for and he's got an NBA top 5 player type of game that our Offense could only currently dream of featuring. 

Side note: Lakers in trouble. Lost by 30 tonight without A.D. Phnx isn't playing around. Up 3-2. Been serious all year. 

Win or lose I'll continue watching these Playoffs have been fun again. This is the type of b ball I've missed. These kids of the 2020's could be the greatest of them all (skills wise). We played Football in the 80s and 90s. These kids are playing like the real life Space jam. Unreal. When curry and dame shoot it's like we're watching aliens from another planet. 

Agree 200%. Just hurts when you do all of that just to give up the W in such a high stakes game. I couldn’t believe how the rest of the team played out there. Combined 1-14 in both OT periods while dame by himself was 6-8 on 17 points. CJ McCollum stepping out of bounds and RoCo blowing a dunk are just too goofy to even think about in such a tight situation, it makes my blood boil how no one could give that man even an iota of help in either OT periods, hell, or even regulation. I’m so ready to ship CJ the helll out of here. They need to put another star next to Dame. I feel like it’s the only way to make this work. You need a Kawhi out there. Kawhi and Dame would be insane. I know these other NBA stars are watching. Need them to like something they see and come aboard. 

If Dame ever does get tired of Portland soon, My fandom would follow him to the Knicks if he were to go. I’m a Damian Lillard fan before I’m a Portland fan and him ending up in NY would be a treat.

well, it’s not over yet. We have a game in Portland with our backs against the wall. I think we can win it. I think we can force a Game 7.

btw happy birthday bro @Defense Wins Championships

• Sympathy 1