Jump to content

Tua admits he didn’t know the playbook his rookie season


Recommended Posts

is this something that can be a concern for Zach? Lafleur runs a pretty complex system it might be difficult for the rookie to pick up right away 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course it is a concern.  Rookie quarterbacks not knowing everything backwards and forwards always is an issue.  Good coaches take this into consideration and roll things out in stages as they gain understanding.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Whatevs, Zach already knows the entire playbook and already submitted 2 revisions. Child please! 

His name ain't Zach "Brasky" Wilson for nothing 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he's a bit of a slow learner or didn't study their playbook seriously. Many rookie QBs have the gift of memorizing their playbook right off the bat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Larz said:

“Well enough “

 

In context he’s probably just being honest about how he can improve 

 

 

My thoughts exactly 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Whatevs, Zach already knows the entire playbook and already submitted 2 revisions. Child please! 

Translated it in both Greek and an obscure Etruscan dialect.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

is this something that can be a concern for Zach? Lafleur runs a pretty complex system it might be difficult for the rookie to pick up right away 

If you listen to his coaches at BYU the one thing Zach will not lag on is knowledge of the playbook and film study

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Whatevs, Zach already knows the entire playbook and already submitted 2 revisions. Child please! 

I heard he's already demanded all 17 game plans so he can analyze them before the season starts.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

is this something that can be a concern for Zach? Lafleur runs a pretty complex system it might be difficult for the rookie to pick up right away 

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Larz said:

“Well enough “

 

In context he’s probably just being honest about how he can improve 

 

 

Or hes making up reasons as to why he sucked last year.

Herbert and Burrow havent mentioned the playbook as being a problem

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I heard he's already demanded all 17 game plans so he can analyze them before the season starts.

Analyze. You mean memorize, with his photogenetic memory he inherited from his mothers side. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bills, their coaches, their roster and even Josh Allen, concern me.

The Patriots, their coaches and even Mac Jones, concern me.

Brian Flores of the Dolphins concerns me.  I am not worried about Tua, and I am not really impressed by their roster.  

The Steelers and Ravens always concern me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd hope your offensive coordinator is smart enough to know they need to adjust their playbook so that the rookie QB can digest it. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Analyze. You mean memorize, with his photogenetic memory he inherited from his mothers side. 

Photogenic memories are so impressive. I can just picture having one of those. 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Hand off to Gore left, Hand off to Gore right, 8 yard pass play short of the sticks.  How hard can it be?

 

Oh wait, that was our play book.

8 yards now com on!

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2021 at 5:47 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Of course it is a concern.  Rookie quarterbacks not knowing everything backwards and forwards always is an issue.  Good coaches take this into consideration and roll things out in stages as they gain understanding.  

Big bens rookie season they only had him read one side of the defense on pass plays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2021 at 6:37 PM, Long Island Leprechaun said:

13 on the Wonderlic, which he got with practice up to a 19. He's a dope. What a surprise that he couldn't learn the playbook.

Still better than Darnold.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Big bens rookie season they only had him read one side of the defense on pass plays.
You can do that when you got sane AB on that side.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

You can do that when you got sane AB on that side.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
 

He didn't.  How old do you think that guy is?  They did still have Ward, Burress and Randle-El.  Plus Bettis and Duce Staley.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
He didn't.  How old do you think that guy is?  They did still have Ward, Burress and Randle-El.  Plus Bettis and Duce Staley.
Good point ... at my age all these whipper snappers seem the same age.


Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Still better than Darnold.

If Darnold put together any 10-game stretch like Tua's first (and only) 10 games, he'd probably still be here.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2021 at 6:37 PM, Long Island Leprechaun said:

13 on the Wonderlic, which he got with practice up to a 19. He's a dope. What a surprise that he couldn't learn the playbook.

What did Marino have?  Like a 6...how'd that work out? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2021 at 11:55 PM, jeremy2020 said:

You'd hope your offensive coordinator is smart enough to know they need to adjust their playbook so that the rookie QB can digest it. 

Photogenic memories are so impressive. I can just picture having one of those. 

 

Tom Shane has a pornographic memory..:hump:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

What did Marino have?  Like a 6...how'd that work out? 

You can be dumb when you have the gun that Marino had or if you are an elite talent in general. It's tougher when you have  marginal arm strength and marginal mobility.  Doesn't mean he can't succeed, just make it tougher when you don't have one really special trait. Tua isn't smarter, faster or have a better arm than most NFL QBs. He did have a ton of success at Bama which we know is very rare for QBs. Look at what happened to the noodle armed, unathletic guy that replaced him.......

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...