Robert Saleh at the New York Knicks game tonight.

Be careful.

I don't know which one, but there's a specific moderator who doesn't allow any type of NY Knicks talk (here on NYJ's main forum); before burying it within the 'other sports forum' (which most of us, don't browse). 

No hard feelings: I understand. 

He/She must be from New Jersey or something, lost their NJ Nets team to Brooklyn; and is either A.) Bitter with basketball. B.) Butthurt. C.) Party Pooper and/or D.) All of the above.

And imo it's horse crap because....

A.) We're mostly all born New Yorkers (at least 60% of us).

B.) We mostly all grew up loving NYC basketball throughout the entire 90's featuring Playoff wars alongside of coach Pat Riley, plenty of smart high I.Q PGs in Mark Jackson (3-0 against the Pacers in the postseason with him compared to 0-3 against the Pacers in the postseason without him)/Ron Harper/Doc Rivers/ Hubert Davis/Greg Anthony, a childhood NY legend John Starks (gave his everything vs. MJ23), R.I.P Anthony Mason (can never forget his 1 hand free throws), Charles Smith (who as a kid I never really cared for), one of my favorites the Oaktree Charles Oakley and my All-Time favorite sports player ever #33 Patrick Ewing (can't forget old man Herb Williams) followed by coach JVG (hanging on the leg of Zo Mourning in the playoffs) Charlie Ward and Chris Childs (1-2 punch to Kobe, RIP) at the Point , Allen H2O Houston (Miami Heat buzzer beater I'll never forget I went ballistic), Latrell Sprewell (his spinner rims were ?), Larry L.J 4 Pt. Play Johnson (my All-Time favorite play), Marcus Camby damn was he fun to watch, K.T Kurt Thomas (most underrated Knick of my generation) and an aging #33 Ewing (can't forget Chris Dudley ?); those were the days. When basketball was great: Because the NY Knicks were fun to watch. 

C.) They haven't made the playoffs since 2012-2013 and many of us longtime suffering Jet fans are enjoying the ride of our 2021 Knicks lives right now; let us celebrate on the main forum. 

D.) It's the off-season. Coming off a 2-14 Jets season. We've discussed every player and idea to nausea throughout this entire off-season etc; let us talk about our Knicks baby (hey. better than talking about Tim Tebow on the Jaguars ?)

You know what?

Forget it. 

Why?

Because coach Robert Saleh just gave us NY Jets/Knicks fans a real (and valid reason) to talk NYKnicks basketball; and right here on the MAIN FORUM too.

• Our Jets coach has already caught NY Knicks fever and I'm loving it. 

√ Coach Saleh just got our NY KNICKS PARTY STARTED (here on JetNation baby) ? ?? ?? ??

image.png.60f8fd96749fad09b3c5e564cdac9613.png

image.png.e1acdeaa6456455954d2bc240b836127.png

image.png.bdd9d8cb2c4ca9e929ed990fd1ed12e8.png

Coach Saleh just got to enjoy an absolutely awesome NYK comeback

(my first Knicks playoff win as a fan since 2013) I remember my daughter was only a baby not even two).  

From down 14 points (midway through the 3rd Quarter) - To winning by 9 points.   

While keeping a firepower Atlanta Hawks offense to only 92 points

(We have the NBA's #1 Defense and it's making me love basketball again, as I did as a kid throughout the 90s). 

What's scary and A+ exciting is that we're only going to continue getting better (much better) because the likes of Immanuel Quickley, Obi Toppin, R.J Barrett, Mitchell Robinson and even Julius Randle are all still super young as a core (JR's first ever postseason run).

Mentally tough (and prepared) role players in Alec Burks, Reggie Bullock and Nerlens Noel (these kids have been saviors).

Two great and I mean absolutely great veterans in Derrek Rose and Taj Gibson (Playoff experience as Chicago Bulls under coach Tom Thibodeau). 

A+ available salary cap space. 

A+ draft capital. 

2021-2022 the likes of Kevin Knox and Frank will with be replaced with FA ring chasers looking to win a title and/or a beast rookie. 

I'm loving this current Knicks team as much as I loved our 90's teams. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 5
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

@Defense Wins Championships or they are just doing their jobs.

Set the fluid view for forums, you can easily see any Knicks topics in your feed. Most people don't want to see it that is why your threads were moved most likely.

Im just messing around quality over quantity and the 6-7 NYK fans who've posted in our other sports Knicks threads throughout all of 2020-2021 have been awesome and have made this season even more exciting for me.

@Philc1

Where is he? I hope he's ok. Has been one of the most passionate Knick fans all year. But yet. Hasn't made a single post ever since we finished with the 4 seed and PLAYOFF birth. I don't understand. 

I hope he's ok. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Dogecoin, a football thread? Common! Double standard. 

Agreed. If the Knicks can't be a sub topic on the main forum for those of us who are fans...  after 9 years of playoff drought...  but bitcoin sh#t is ok?  Jesus Christ let there be one thread for Knicks/Jets fans.

This place is karen heaven.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Agreed. If the Knicks can't be a sub topic on the main forum for those of us who are fans...  after 9 years of playoff drought...  but bitcoin sh#t is ok?  Jesus Christ let there be one thread for Knicks/Jets fans.

Don't worry. 

We've finally got our Knicks thread. 

Thnx to...

Coach SALEH!!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Bingo. 

But who cares anymore? 

Because Saleh just went to a Knicks Playoff game and therefore; us Jet fans FINALLY have a Knicks thread here on the main forum. 

(Let's run wild with it). 

???

Episode 18 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

• Upvote 1

if the knicks can turn it around, then why can't the jets?  all it took for the knicks was to bring in a really good coach, thibodeau, that the players would listen to.  heaven knows they've had many chances at bringing some seriously good talent over the past few drafts.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

The Knicks are not good .

I hope he doesn't take pointers and Bury is players to the ground like the Knicks coach 

Whos hurried into the ground.

The Knicks arent that good?  Theyre good enough though

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Saleh at the Knicks games... Zach & teammates at the Islanders game... BOTH Teams WIN.... MAKE THIS A HABIT!!!... Both the Knicks & Isles can return the favor when the Jets take the field this season.

AP21147063649914-saleh-thumb

Exactly man.

I'm not a big hockey fan but as a kid during the playoffs I always rooted for the Rangers. 

Pretty cool how a bunch of our Jets kids caught an Islanders Playoff game and then coach Saleh attended a Knicks Playoff game. 

Hope the Islanders win it all for New Yorkers (Lightning look really strong again tho). 

Would be awesome to see these Jets in MSG for a KNICKS Playoff game alongside, coach Saleh. That would be neat. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

even worse in Philly.  Westbrook had food/beer dumped on his head as he taken inside for an injury.  He was furious.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah but I'm from Jersey.

So in other words; you lost your basketball team. 

If my NY Knicks ever left Manhattan for Jersey and became the Trenton Knicks I'd not only become disheartened but I'd quit the NBA forever;

Thankfully NYC is the Mecca of basketball and Madison Square Garden the most famous arena and I'll never have to live through that type of pain. 

14 hours ago, Dcat said:

It was dogecoin not bitcoin.  :-)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You must be a bandwagon Kyrie Irving, James Harden and Kevin Durant (New Jersey) fan boy...

image.png.cd5f01a128fa208ca58cbc9a441691eb.png

Saturday Night Live Snl GIF

Born and raised in NY, and been a Nets fan since 99 when we had Marbury, Van Horn, and Kittles