Would you welcome Jamal Adams back home as a JET (under J.D and now, coach Saleh)?

If he wants to play the Will in this defense yea I guess we could take him back at a team friendly deal.

as a 18+ mil a year SS?  id pass.  I know he's a passionate guy that loves football, but you look at the makeup of this team, how humble and dedicated all these guys are.. I think his act would wear out fast in the locker room. 

Jamal is going to end up like Jadeveon Clowney, bouncing around the league and stealing checks at 28 years old. He’s overrated, a me-first locker room cancer, and he’s already breaking down physically. He’s absolutely in the running for Worst Jets Draft Pick of All Time.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

I think all of us are underestimating the challenges here for Jamal Adams' agent in trying to get him a long term deal that does not trigger his disrespect-meter.  If you cannot secure that deal from Seattle, the team who (a) Knew he we going to want it when they traded for him and (b) who already committed 2 first round picks and a third-rounder into this current deal.....  Well then obviously you must be staring at a severe case of buyers remorse on the part of the Seahawks.

The original playbook is not going to work by trying to bring a new party into the equation and so really, the best you can do now is try to goose up enthusiasm by suggesting the fiction that his old team would take him back in a heartbeat.  Hence this nonsense magically appears out here in the internet ether.

Times are getting desperate in Adamsville

• Upvote 1

If he sincerely apologizes for his conduct (he can blame immaturity because it’s probably accurate) it could happen. But remember, JD doesn’t pay top dollar for free agents so if he came back to the jets it would have to be about more than money i.e. winning and finishing what he started.

So, legit question.

Other than blitz, what does he actually do at a high level?  He is a safety who does not cover well.  I guess it is good that he is an above average tackler, since his man always catches the ball.  He is not a good locker room presence.  He does seem very much the "Me first" type of personality.

Why would you want him on your defense, unless you are willing to blitz your safety on a regular basis?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

So, legit question.

Other than blitz, what does he actually do at a high level?  He is a safety who does not cover well.  I guess it is good that he is an above average tackler, since his man always catches the ball.  He is not a good locker room presence.  He does seem very much the "Me first" type of personality.

Why would you want him on your defense, unless you are willing to blitz your safety on a regular basis?

Really good dancer. 

Above average wardrobe. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, jetsrule1969 said:

I did! I never said I said it and couldn't remember who said it. I saved it when I saw it, great job putting that together. I thought it was worth an encore!

Haha fantastic.  I have no issue with it, just found it funny, because I wasn't sure at first.  I thought "that looks familiar" but wasn't positive it was something I had written until I did a search for it, lol.

Appreciate the encore!  :) 

• Upvote 1

Because I lead a rich and full life, I wanted to check in on the Seahawks/Jamal situation in light of the Julio rumors and, whoa nelly. Brock Huard and Jake Heaps are both Seahawks-adjacent media guys out in Seattle and they’ve been saying all year that Jamal is going to break the bank this offseason/it’s a matter of time/Carroll and Schneider love him and can’t wait to lock him up. BUT, their new commentary? Not so fast, my friend!

“On the latest edition of the Brock and Salk Podcast, which comes out weekly each Tuesday, Huard said he thinks Adams’ side is trying to get more out of the Seahawks than the team’s initial offer. And he doesn’t think that’s going to pay off. 

“For some reason, Jamal Adams and his team and others that are involved in this think the Seahawks are going to up their offer,” he said. “They must believe that they’re going to use time as leverage and the Seahawks are going to change the terms of the deal, and the Seahawks are not going to do that...

Is Jamal Adams eventually going to make some noise as we get near training camp? Is he going to miss mandatory minicamp?” asked Huard.

“It sure seems like it,” Salk responded.

And Heaps, separately:

I’ve been very surprised to see how quiet this has been. I was anticipating Jamal Adams conversation being more like it was with Russell Wilson (in 2019) than it was Bobby Wagner. Remember, Bobby Wagner, we didn’t hear a peep about how the contract negotiations were going, what the numbers looked like, any of that stuff. And Jamal Adams, it’s been very much the same thing at this point in time. I would anticipate that Jamal Adams’ deal won’t get done until just before training camp.”

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1399640/will-seahawks-jamal-adams-make-noise-extension/

• Haha 2

On 5/28/2021 at 12:12 PM, EM31 said:

The acid test is this.  Would you want to play against a defense that he is playing on?  I think the answer to that one is a big fat yes.

Too bad Jamal and his Seattle Defense held us to a seasonal low of only 3 points last year by the score of 40-3 (ok, I lied; Miami shut us out). 

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Too bad Jamal and his Seattle Defense held us to a seasonal low of only 3 points last year by the score of 40-3 (ok, I lied; Miami shut us out). 

He cannot or will not cover.  You can throw right at him all day long.  You don't even need to do it with an accurate QB since he will invariably fail to convert any pick opportunities.

12 minutes ago, EM31 said:

He cannot or will not cover.  You can throw right at him all day long.  You don't even need to do it with an accurate QB since he will invariably fail to convert any pick opportunities.

No kidding, coverage isnt his strength.  Attacking the ball carrier and the QB are.

What does that have to do with facing the defense hes on?  If the Seahawks put together a solid D you wont want to face them.  With or without Jamal.  I've never heard of a shlt defense with 1 solid player you were afraid to face.   Put Adams on the Legion of Doom and no, I dont want to face them.  Ever

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No kidding, coverage isnt his strength.  Attacking the ball carrier and the QB are.

What does that have to do with facing the defense hes on?  If the Seahawks put together a solid D you wont want to face them.  With or without Jamal.  I've never heard of a shlt defense with 1 solid player you were afraid to face.   Put Adams on the Legion of Doom and no, I dont want to face them.  Ever

The Legion of Boom had better safeties in Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor. Jamal would be a downgrade. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Jamal Adams will never play 16 games in a season again. He's breaking down. 

If 3 consecutive All Pro Selections along with 3 consecutive Pro Bowl honors is considered as "breaking down"; well then I hope Marcus Maye begins to break down pretty soon too ???

#33 just completed his 4th NFL season. Has only missed a combined 6 games. He's played in a possible 59/65 games (90.7%). 

Football is a physical sport. Adams plays his position as physical as anyone. Injuries happen. And if you're a fan who thinks otherwise you're absolutely clueless. 

Just broke the All-Time sack record for Secondary players but yet he's breaking down...

Some Jet fans stink. 

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

If 3 consecutive All Pro Selections along with 3 consecutive Pro Bowl honors is considered as "breaking down"; well then I hope Marcus Maye begins to break down pretty soon too ???

#33 just completed his 4th NFL season. Has only missed a combined 6 games. He's played in a possible 59/65 games (90.7%). 

Football is a physical sport. Adams plays his position as physical as anyone. Injuries happen. And if you're a fan who thinks otherwise you're absolutely clueless. 

Just broke the All-Time sack record for Secondary players but yet he's breaking down...

Some Jet fans stink. 

A broken down, over the hill, 5 months away from retirement Julian Edelman owned the piss out of the “3x consecutive all-pro, 3x consecutive pro-bowler” Jamal Adams and had arguably the best game of his career.

He’s a 210 lb edgerusher who handicaps the defense since he’s such a liability in coverage and damn near useless if he’s playing more than 8 yards away from the LoS.

If you want to pay upwards of $20 million a year for that, then you’re even goofier than I originally thought.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Legion of Boom had better safeties in Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor. Jamal would be a downgrade. 

Kam had an 8 year career with 2 All-Pros and 4 Pro Bowls. 

Jamal has only had a 4 year career with already 3 All Pros and 3 Pro Bowls. 

Jamal in 4 years has 356 tackles (89.0 per season), 39 tackles for loss, 37 QB hits, 21.5 sacks, 7 forced fumbles and 4 fumble recoveries. 

Kam in 8 years only had 607 tackles (75.8 per season), 17 tackles for loss, 3 QB hits, 2.0 sacks, 9 forced fumbles and 2 fumble recoveries (lol). 

If you're going to judge a STRONG SAFETY off of INT's. . You don't know Football. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Some Jet fans stink. 

He's only played in 81% of his teams games in the last 2 seasons due to injuries. He's on a downward trend as far as games played is concerned. If you can't see that then YOU'RE CLUELESS. 

He was also part of a secondary in 2020 that was 31st in passing yards allowed. Since he was statistically the worst defensive back on the Seahawks against the pass last year a lot of that falls on him. You bring up Sacks like that outweighs his deficiencies in the pass game. It doesn't. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

A broken down, over the hill, 5 months away from retirement Julian Edelman owned the piss out of the “3x consecutive all-pro, 3x consecutive pro-bowler” Jamal Adams and had arguably the best game of his career.

He’s a 210 lb edgerusher who handicaps the defense since he’s such a liability in coverage and damn near useless if he’s playing more than 8 yards away from the LoS.

If you want to pay upwards of $20 million a year for that, then you’re even goofier than I originally thought.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Kam had an 8 year career with 2 All-Pros and 4 Pro Bowls. 

Jamal has only had a 4 year career with already 3 All Pros and 3 Pro Bowls. 

Jamal in 4 years has 356 tackles (89.0 per season), 39 tackles for loss, 37 QB hits, 21.5 sacks, 7 forced fumbles and 4 fumble recoveries. 

Kam in 8 years only had 607 tackles (75.8 per season), 17 tackles for loss, 3 QB hits, 2.0 sacks, 9 forced fumbles and 2 fumble recoveries (lol). 

If you're going to judge a STRONG SAFETY off of INT's. . You don't know Football. 

I've seen you post here for some time and one thing that is evident is you know nothing about football. You fall in love with players like a 12 year old girl falls in love with boy bands. You're embarrassing yourself

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Defense Wins Championships said:

And? What’s your point?

Line up Marcus Maye on the LoS and send him at the QB on 80% of the snaps and he would rack up sack numbers as well. So would a dozen other safeties in the league.

But most coaches prefer their safeties to, ya know, help cover on the back end. Something that Jamal Adams absolutely sucks at.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

This is like setting the all time receiving record for a QB. I mean, it may be nice and all, but it’s not supposed to be his primary job. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

I've seen you post here for some time and one thing that is evident is you know nothing about football. You fall in love with players like a 12 year old girl falls in love with boy bands. You're embarrassing yourself

I guess Denzel Mims is already "breaking down" since he missed 7 game's as a rookie...

???