Would you welcome Jamal Adams back home as a JET (under J.D and now, coach Saleh)?

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Jamal was healthy and played in Seattle's final 10 games. 

But yet he's "breaking down". 

You can't make this crap up. 

Ended the season with a labral tear in his shoulder

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Ended the season with a labral tear in his shoulder

So is what you're saying is that he's one tough s.o.b who played last year thru pain? Nice to know. 

Our rookie QB has already suffered multiple shoulder injuries in which required surgery...

So what's your point, that football is a violent and physical sport? Nice to know. 

(Nothing worse than fans who label players as "injury prone" or "breaking down" all because they missed a handful of games, because of injury). 

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

The Legion of Boom had better safeties in Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor. Jamal would be a downgrade. 

I think the point is would you want to face them

If you think facing the Legion of Boom with Jamal Adams wouldnt be a hard play, youre kidding yourself.

Jamal is exactly the type of player who fits in with the Legion of Boom

• Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You're embarrassing yourself

Na. 

You embarrassed yourself last year by predicting an 8-8 freaking season. 

Me? I predicted 3-13 (with a chance of going 1-15 type of 1996 disaster season). 

But yet you have the nerve to say I don't know Football?

O.k, homer. 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I think the point is would you want to face them

If you think facing the Legion of Boom with Jamal Adams wouldnt be a hard play, youre kidding yourself.

Jamal is exactly the type of player who fits in with the Legion of Boom

Ask Jet fans to forget Seattle and talk Jets Football. 

Ask them to compare our 2019 defense (with Jamal) in comparison to our 2020 defense (without Jamal). 

They'll run away from the conversation feeling like total ?'s...

• WTF? 2

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ask them to compare our 2019 defense (with Jamal) in comparison to our 2020 defense (without Jamal). 

I dont care if people want to talk about Seattle.  Or our D. But we were worse without Adams for a lot of different reasons and Adams was only a small part of the why.  

20 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The 2020 Jets pass defense was better than the 2020 Seahawks pass defense. Hmmmm

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

This is like setting the all time receiving record for a QB. I mean, it may be nice and all, but it’s not supposed to be his primary job. 

And when it IS his primary job, he tends to get hurt and misses games.  Because he's undersized and is also a fake tough guy (I.E. won't play hurt, despite his assertion that he'd be willing to "die on the field"), the type of guy who hides under a table during a fight:

Have fun, Seattle!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Because I lead a rich and full life, I wanted to check in on the Seahawks/Jamal situation in light of the Julio rumors and, whoa nelly. Brock Huard and Jake Heaps are both Seahawks-adjacent media guys out in Seattle and they’ve been saying all year that Jamal is going to break the bank this offseason/it’s a matter of time/Carroll and Schneider love him and can’t wait to lock him up. BUT, their new commentary? Not so fast, my friend!

“On the latest edition of the Brock and Salk Podcast, which comes out weekly each Tuesday, Huard said he thinks Adams’ side is trying to get more out of the Seahawks than the team’s initial offer. And he doesn’t think that’s going to pay off. 

“For some reason, Jamal Adams and his team and others that are involved in this think the Seahawks are going to up their offer,” he said. “They must believe that they’re going to use time as leverage and the Seahawks are going to change the terms of the deal, and the Seahawks are not going to do that...

Is Jamal Adams eventually going to make some noise as we get near training camp? Is he going to miss mandatory minicamp?” asked Huard.

“It sure seems like it,” Salk responded.

And Heaps, separately:

I’ve been very surprised to see how quiet this has been. I was anticipating Jamal Adams conversation being more like it was with Russell Wilson (in 2019) than it was Bobby Wagner. Remember, Bobby Wagner, we didn’t hear a peep about how the contract negotiations were going, what the numbers looked like, any of that stuff. And Jamal Adams, it’s been very much the same thing at this point in time. I would anticipate that Jamal Adams’ deal won’t get done until just before training camp.”

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1399640/will-seahawks-jamal-adams-make-noise-extension/

This is just beautiful.  Absolute perfection.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jetophile said:

All I know is that the Jets didn't pay him when he openly said that he didn't even want to play here. I hate it here, this place sucks, give me boatloads of cash! Anyone defending this guy or unhappy about the trade has a screw loose.

@bitonti has a screw loose.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@bitonti has a screw loose.  

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

Just 1 ? B)

A screw loose? I think not. Despite a couple of widely reported landing gear-related incidents, JetBlue retains a clean slate; the airline hasn’t even tallied a single serious injury from an incident during its 20-year history.

JetBlue made AirlineRating.com’s list of the top 10 safest low-cost carriers worldwide and ranks No. 11 on JACDEC’s safest airlines — the highest ranking of any US-based airline.

Thank you for your interest in JetBlue, New York's hometown airline, the Official Airline Partner of the New York Jets

On 5/27/2021 at 7:40 AM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I would. 

We could be on the verge of a Revis Pt.2 type of senario before returning home (minus the already #24 suffered ACL injury, of course)

ala..

Revis being traded for a 1st to TB, before playing for N.E and then.... Returning home. I think we drafted Sheldon with his pick. 

Despite bad blood (won a SB with N.E) he still came back home. 

In comparison to (hypothetically speaking)..

Jamal Adams being traded for two 1's, playing for Seattle, not signing long term with them; followed by coming back home to play for JD (x2) and this time... motivated to play for coach Saleh within a brand new atmosphere. 

Despite bad blood (cursed out Adam Gase, told the media how Gase refused to talk to his players when losing @ the half and instead would sometimes walk out of the locker room and let assistant coaches do the freaking halftime speach, questioned both the Johnson owner(s) begging and asking WHY did they hire Adam Gase to begin with and why hasn't he been FIRED yet? All the way to questioning JD for fielding offers etc. Etc) he could still, return home. 

And you know what?

Lets face it guys.

Before you kill Jamal Adams (or me), please understand; that Adam Gase turned everything into, darkness. 

Who wanted to play for that man? Because I now know 100% that C.J Mosley, didn't. 

But we're giving Mosley a 2nd chance under Saleh (as fans), right? 

Peep this. 

• Jamal came from a winning SEC and LSU culture.

• He was building a winning defensive culture under Bowles here in NY (a coach who he loved and STUCK UP FOR to the NY media and a coach who just coached his ass off and won a SB as D.C with TB by beating the crap out of Mahomes). 

• And then comes Adam Gase. 

• Jamal Adams wanted out man. He couldn't be around Gase anymore. The culture was horrific. Jamal lost his mind under Gase and was shipped out because of it. And for a haul too (so far Vera-Tucker + 2022 1st etc). 

✓ How many of us Jet fans wanted to quit football because of GASE? I know I did. 

And fk the job and $$$ talk to me. Jets are a part of my Childhood. My heart. Gase ruined my Jets character. He had me rooting for freaking loses week 6 for the first time, and the last time; ever. 

Trevor Lawrence became more important to me than my damn team because I was so hopeless with Gase and no longer could be my old Rex Ryan and even Herm Edwards, homer. 

Jamal is a kid man. He's still developing as a person. I like the kid. 

Catch 22. 

• Jets Defense absolutely balls out 2021 under Saleh. 

• We're 1 defensive VETERAN impact player away from contending for a SB run come 2022. 

• Jamal is a FREE AGENT. 

• Former teammates such as Quinnen Williams, C.J Mosley (who quit football immediately after watching Jamal traded away because of, GASE) and Marcus Maye all rave to Adams about COACH SALEH and Zach Wilson even takes to TWITTER to return #33 back, home. 

JD shakes Jamal's hand: 

EPIC. 

You don't think Saleh wouldn't love to have #33 running thru brick walls for him? 

You don't think Jamal freaking Adams wouldn't love playing alongside of Saleh in an aggressive smash mouth Defense while coming back to NY? 

He's the best SS talent wise this Franchise and fan base had ever witnessed. 

I don't care about INTs from my SS. I want sacks and QB hits. 

QW/Lawson/Jamal/Saleh? Are you kidding Mel? 

Kid didn't even play every game because of injury he plays physical but yet BREAKS THE ALL TIME SECONDARY SACKS RECORD. That's crazy. On a PLAYOFF team too. 

Almost did it as a Jet too. 

Jamal was not apart of our 2-14 season guys.

He's only guilty for quitting on us under Gase.

I think Gregg Williams quit under Gase too. I think GW blew that game cover 0 on purpose out of spite. He was immediately fired ? he's a Ryan brother I think he did it for laughter. 

Zach is on a rookie contract. 

What if JD is a mastermind and pulls this off? 

The Knicks could use him.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And when it IS his primary job, he tends to get hurt and misses games.  Because he's undersized and is also a fake tough guy (I.E. won't play hurt, despite his assertion that he'd be willing to "die on the field"), the type of guy who hides under a table during a fight:

Have fun, Seattle!

Mike Drop.jpg

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And Adams had next to nothing to do with both situations.

And its easy to make the argument that Adams cost Seattle game(s) last season, including a shot at a playoff win, due to his horrific pass coverage (9.1 yards per target) and the strain he put on the defense when his blitzes didn't get to the QB (he had 9.5 sacks and 6 QB Knockdowns, but they came on 98 blitz attempts).

Certainly not what you hope for out of a player you spend two 1sts & a 3rd on, plus one you have to potentially hand an $18M+ per year contract.

The Jets, meanwhile, have yet to start cashing in on what they got back for Adams, so its pretty silly how some try to argue that having Adams is better than not having Adams, therefore Seattle won the deal.  Uh, no, that's not how this analysis works.  The Jets got valuable draft capital, plus didn't have to hand a Box Safety a massive contract.  Douglas will make much use of that cap space/draft capital.

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And Adams had next to nothing to do with both situations.

I don't know about that.

Because...

You don't make an All-Pro 2020 team and another 2020 Pro Bowl selection due to 83 tackles, 14 QB hits, 11 tackles for loss behind the L.O.S and 9.5 sacks

throughout only 12 games...

For nothing. 

Jet fans are really laughing at Jamal for doing the things that his coaches ask of him to do all over the football field?

Such as rushing the QB, hitting the QB, pressuring the QB, sacking the QB along with smelling out the run, leading a scary run D, making plays behind the L.O.S and something that doesn't show up on the box scores... Blowing up plays. 

Jet fans I'm reading are truly mocking Jamal, due to Seattle's Pass Defense?

Why aren't Jet fans talking about any of their 4 CBs ala CB 1, CB 2, Nickel/Dime and/or their pro bowl  free safety? 

What?

Jets fans don't even know their names, or something?

Because outside of Jamal the only names I've ever heard Jamal critic's mention are...

Wilson. 

DK. 

Bobby Wagner. 

And sometimes, Lockett. 

Very rarely Shaq Griffin who I really like (from right here in St. Pete)

Etc.That's all. 

weird. 

So I guess I'm now allowed to blame the Jets 2020 secondary pass Defense (all) on MARCUS MAYE and only MARCUS MAYE?

Because no one else matters other than our FS?

As if an NFL pass Defense is now a 1 man show?

?

Jamal just arrived in Seattle

Yesterday. 

Arrived to a 2019 CRAP DEFENSE. 

Didn't even get his feet wet. 

But it's his fault that the Legion of Boom has been dead since Marshawn days? 

Weird. Always been very weird to me. 

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Because I lead a rich and full life, I wanted to check in on the Seahawks/Jamal situation in light of the Julio rumors and, whoa nelly. Brock Huard and Jake Heaps are both Seahawks-adjacent media guys out in Seattle and they’ve been saying all year that Jamal is going to break the bank this offseason/it’s a matter of time/Carroll and Schneider love him and can’t wait to lock him up. BUT, their new commentary? Not so fast, my friend!

“On the latest edition of the Brock and Salk Podcast, which comes out weekly each Tuesday, Huard said he thinks Adams’ side is trying to get more out of the Seahawks than the team’s initial offer. And he doesn’t think that’s going to pay off. 

“For some reason, Jamal Adams and his team and others that are involved in this think the Seahawks are going to up their offer,” he said. “They must believe that they’re going to use time as leverage and the Seahawks are going to change the terms of the deal, and the Seahawks are not going to do that...

Is Jamal Adams eventually going to make some noise as we get near training camp? Is he going to miss mandatory minicamp?” asked Huard.

“It sure seems like it,” Salk responded.

And Heaps, separately:

I’ve been very surprised to see how quiet this has been. I was anticipating Jamal Adams conversation being more like it was with Russell Wilson (in 2019) than it was Bobby Wagner. Remember, Bobby Wagner, we didn’t hear a peep about how the contract negotiations were going, what the numbers looked like, any of that stuff. And Jamal Adams, it’s been very much the same thing at this point in time. I would anticipate that Jamal Adams’ deal won’t get done until just before training camp.”

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1399640/will-seahawks-jamal-adams-make-noise-extension/

Bu bu bu bu bu BUST

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Have fun, Seattle!

I mean.... if I'm trying to become generationally wealthy and get drafted 6th overall, I'd be hiding under that table too staying tf out of that. Not a huge fan of Jamal but this was actually pretty selfishly genius on his part given he was probably still a teenager. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reynolds1029 said:

I mean.... if I'm trying to become generationally wealthy and get drafted 6th overall, I'd be hiding under that table too staying tf out of that. Not a huge fan of Jamal but this was actually pretty selfishly genius on his part given he was probably still a teenager. 

And yet he can't stay healthy in the pros all the same.  Probably because he's an undersized WLB being tasked with battling against giant offensive linemen all game, because he can't cover for sh*t.  

I hope he never comes close to making what he thinks he should.  

• Upvote 1