Jacksonville Jaguars executive Karim Kassam, who joined team in February, out of job

19 hours ago, Dcat said:

Jags are getting pretty comical.  The Etienne pick was ridiculously stupid for them considering they already have a solid back who produced very well.  Color me unimpressed with everything Jaguars.

Only a guess but I think the player they had in Ming got snagged and they drafted BPA. 

On another note… Vera-Tucker better be a beast! Those 3rd round we gave up picks hurt. 

On 5/30/2021 at 12:41 PM, jetophile said:

The Jets are about as stable as a leaky foundation, but there are a couple of bodies in the basement that are worthy of mention. Oh, hi, it's Mark Brunell.

Wasn't trying to argue that we're stable at all.  At least not yet.  But the same people making that argument about the Jets couldn't care less that the Jaguars appear to be wearing clown shoes.  

10 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Only a guess but I think the player they had in Ming got snagged and they drafted BPA. 

On another note… Vera-Tucker better be a beast! Those 3rd round we gave up picks hurt. 

Meh, they always feel like they hurt around draft time.  We may have lost to the chart but I think it'll be worthwhile.  Douglas is hanging his hat on Vera-Tucker truly being an elite level G in the NFL.  Meanwhile, years from now, we'll see a lot of those names we "missed out on" having busted in that 3rd round.

When you stockpile picks the way Douglas had done, trading up for a guy you love is worthwhile.  Especially in a year where scouting was insanely difficult thanks to a global pandemic.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meh, they always feel like they hurt around draft time.  We may have lost to the chart but I think it'll be worthwhile.  Douglas is hanging his hat on Vera-Tucker truly being an elite level G in the NFL.  Meanwhile, years from now, we'll see a lot of those names we "missed out on" having busted in that 3rd round.

When you stockpile picks the way Douglas had done, trading up for a guy you love is worthwhile.  Especially in a year where scouting was insanely difficult thanks to a global pandemic.

I hope you are right. If a Kamara, Diggs or defensive stud shines at where we were supposed to pick while VT struggles… I’ll be bummed 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

why should we care about this?

Because it’s the slow period of the offseason and nearly all NFL news is thread worthy right now?

I don’t personally care very much but I do find it entertaining to hear when an org other than us has dysfunction.  It’s a nice change sometimes.

Besides, we just spent a full season jockeying with the Jaguars for the # 1 pick. Isn’t it always going to be kind of relevant to follow what happens there, at least while the 2 QBs they drafted are in the league?  Fair or not, Lawrence and the Jaguars and Wilson and the Jets will always be tied together in a narrative to some degree.  

51 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

why should we care about this?

I only care about this because of ESPN and all the other Talking Heads who went as far as to say that Trevor Lawrence should stay in school because the Jets are an absolute disaster and Jacksonville is so much better for him.. As disgusting as we were at the time with Adam Gase I still think it was in poor taste to to state that Trevor Lawrence should stay in school because the Jets are going to ruin him as opposed to Jacksonville. What had Jacksonville up until that point that made them light years ahead of us in developing talent? I love our extremely professional off season and how Jacksonville has been the circus, firing multiple people in their upper management, signed a clickbait/attention grab over the hill Tim Tebow, and now the latest of being involved with the World Wrestling Federation. More power to you Jacksonville, so glad it's you and not us

• Upvote 1