Corey Davis Injured

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's not just about missed games, it's also about frequency of injury and how often one has to "play hurt".

It's May, so like most things not getting worked up about it now, but it'll be something to watch out for with Davis going forward.

One demerit.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

NY Jets top free agent WR acquisition injured. No way. 

Agree with others JD needs to trade for Julio Jones. 

so the solution to a WR getting banged up in OTAs is to trade at least a 1st rounder for a 32 year old WR who missed 7 games last year because of lingering injuries???

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

so the solution to a WR getting banged up in OTAs is to trade at least a 1st rounder for a 32 year old WR who missed 7 games last year because of lingering injuries???

This injury just goes to show you can never have enough decent depth at WR. 

Currently speaking Julio Jones is the best WR available if he is in fact available. (if the price is right) 

Much rather an older warrior veteran than some JAG like we've been signing here to play WR. 

Currently speaking Julio Jones is the best WR available if he is in fact available. (if the price is right) 

Much rather an older warrior veteran than some JAG like we've been signing here to play WR. 

you giving up a 1st rounder (at least) for a 32 year old WR making $15MM this year and coming off an injured-plagued season?  the jets have invested a lot in mims, davis and moore and they also have crowder and cole.  is it really worth the level of resources (draft picks and salary) to bring in a guy who likely is at the end of his career?

if the jets were a team expected to compete for the playoffs and a title this year then maybe it's worth it.  but realistically this isn't the team's profile this year.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

They send everybody to Dr. Andrews for a "boo-boo"?  No MRIs/respected docs in NY/NJ? I think the injury is worse than they're telling us.

they sent the scans to dr. andrews, not davis himself.

but i do tend to agree that this line raises some eyebrows 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

They send everybody to Dr. Andrews for a "boo-boo"?  No MRIs/respected docs in NY/NJ? I think the injury is worse than they're telling us.

Never mind he's pushing 80. He may have been a brilliant surgeon but his can't possibly be the steadiest hands anymore.

For a consultation, fine I guess, but even in that case it's not like the top guys at like HSS & more are all relative dufuses. 

Doesn't hurt to get an opinion, and at $13MM/year it's worth the trip if necessary, but how is it it's necessary?

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

you giving up a 1st rounder (at least) for a 32 year old WR making $15MM this year and coming off an injured-plagued season?  the jets have invested a lot in mims, davis and moore and they also have crowder and cole.  is it really worth the level of resources (draft picks and salary) to bring in a guy who likely is at the end of his career?

if the jets were a team expected to compete for the playoffs and a title this year then maybe it's worth it.  but realistically this isn't the team's profile this year.

(if the price is right) 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

(if the price is right) 

so what would you give up?

reports are at least one team has offered a future 1st.  could be a real offer, could be smoke put out there by the falcons.

so i ask, what do you consider as the right price?

5 hours ago, Stark said:

nothing new,  not surprising either.. dude was always nursing some injury while in TN. A large part to why they didn't want to bring him back. Whether it was his hamstring or something else he was always missing half a weeks practice.

This is absolute, horse crap. 

Throughout the previous three season of 2018, 2019 and 2020 he's played in 16, 15 and 14 games ala 45/48 games (.937%). 

The kid has only missed a whopping 3 games throughout the previous 3 years....

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's not just about missed games, it's also about frequency of injury and how often one has to "play hurt".

It's May, so like most things not getting worked up about it now, but it'll be something to watch out for with Davis going forward.

True.  If Davis is a guy that plays hurt a lot, it's mildly concerning, but we have to remember nearly everybody in the NFL is playing hurt at any given time.  Those who are playing hurt more often might have their careers shortened but can still be effective when they play, and/or are tougher players than average (obviously a desirable trait). 

It's the injuries/trying to play injured that make the difference.  We'll see...

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

so what would you give up?

reports are at least one team has offered a future 1st.  could be a real offer, could be smoke put out there by the falcons.

so i ask, what do you consider as the right price?

GM joewilly12 probably a 2nd round pick. 

On 5/28/2021 at 8:59 AM, Stark said:

nothing new,  not surprising either.. dude was always nursing some injury while in TN. A large part to why they didn't want to bring him back. Whether it was his hamstring or something else he was always missing half a weeks practice.

On 5/28/2021 at 10:38 AM, Stark said:

sure. as long as he plays well. just pointing out that this was his MO in TN. always having load management, usually for soft tissue injuries/pain.  also when you send something to Dr Andrews that's not good. 

On 5/28/2021 at 10:39 AM, Stark said:

sure. I get that. point was this is his normal. he always has some soft tissue/injury management throughout the week 

21 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

This is absolute, horse crap. 

Throughout the previous three season of 2018, 2019 and 2020 he's played in 16, 15 and 14 games ala 45/48 games (.937%). 

The kid has only missed a whopping 3 games throughout the previous 3 years....

it's actually not horse crap. you don't read.

I didn't say anything about him missing games. you can try to read those posts again if you'd like. 

- I wasn't going to go there but since you're doing the stats thing... he actually played in 56/68 games for: .8235% in his career.

- In his last 2 seasons 29/34 games for: .8529%

Again... my post had nothing to do with games.. just his chronic missed practices for some sort of soft tissue injury/rcover... ankles. hamstring, hip and feet. Its not out of the norm for him to have something keeping him from practicing. Until the "sending MRI to DR ANDREWS" its literally the same thing the local writers here talk about almost every day of his career... 

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

True.  If Davis is a guy that plays hurt a lot, it's mildly concerning, but we have to remember nearly everybody in the NFL is playing hurt at any given time.  Those who are playing hurt more often might have their careers shortened but can still be effective when they play, and/or are tougher players than average (obviously a desirable trait). 

It's the injuries/trying to play injured that make the difference.  We'll see...

This is true. And while my point was this is his MO when he was with the Titans I was saying I wasn’t too concerned. When the report says JETS send MRI or Scans to Dr Andrews I raise an eyebrow. It was normal for Davis to miss practices for different issues. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stark said:

This is true. And while my point was this is his MO when he was with the Titans I was saying I wasn’t too concerned. When the report says JETS send MRI or Scans to Dr Andrews I raise an eyebrow. It was normal for Davis to miss practices for different issues. 

Yep.  It only starts to matter when you're a guy like, say, Alshon Jeffery, and the cumulative injuries (even the ones that don't force you to miss games) start to pile up and derail/shorten your career.

Let's hope Davis isn't that category.  We simply don't know yet.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Doesn't seem like a big concern..... but there's always a risk it could spread from his shoulder to his hamstring.  These are the Jets we're talking about!

Jets syndrome. When routine nicks become debilitating and prevent playing time. Usually sets in around game two...