Initial Impression of Saleh: The Anti-Bowles

13 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Speaking of O-Lineman being injured for K.C....

How many awesome O-Lineman did Macc provide Bowles with? 

Exactly. 

How many O-Lineman did Bowles say he needed? Maybe he was too dumb to care? He was another DC masquerading as a HC, who never really cared enough about the offense, by turning it all over to that other idiot.

20 minutes ago, Bugg said:

On the day of th 2017 draft, the Jets had neither an NFL offense nor a real QB. And they drafted 2 safeties with their top 2 picks, including Adams with Mahomes and Watson still available. That was criminal and disgusting malfeseance. And Bowles was smiling ear to ear because he had NOT  A FRICKIN' CLUE how an NFL offense works. There's no sugarcoating it; Bowles has no business ever being more than a DC. Any team that talks to him to be a HC is gonna have a real problem if they take 10 minutes to review his Jets' tenure. And really, about the Bucs, how much was that the Chiefs having a bad OL and Tom Brady being a Buc? 

Exactly. Bowles was dealt a bad hand. LMAO

4 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

Some of that is true, but he was also a dumbass as a HC. So there's that too.

Or maybe, just maybe he had CRAP QBs and an AWFUL GM?!?

The man was like 5 sh*tztragic ints away and 1 gm away from the playoffs with a QB who's been in the league for 20 years with ZERO Playoff starts! McCown sucked too. And so did Sam. 

Poor Bowles never had a chance but he will become a HC again (I'm thinking N.E once Bill retires). 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Same. I like everything so far, but none of the things so far involve successfully coaching the Jets. Prerequisite for knobbin slobbin. 

Couldn't agree more... lets see how the team performs...do they get better each week?  Will they be prepared and if so, will they execute w/o making arsine penalties?  Etc.  

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bowles was non-confrontational and didn’t want players who would challenge him, and he and Maccagnan went way out of their way to prioritize bringing in humble, low-maintenance self-starters. It was gross.

It’s cool that Saleh seems ok with a youth movement, but that’s more a reflection of the minimal expectations the org has for this season record-wise, and Douglas not wanting to burn cash on a vet QB and a legit CB1 in an effort to steal another win or two. 

They tried to sign Hoyer. 

but do go on 

Condescending Wonka GIF

I never quite understand when JN posters do this whole thing where they decide they like coach/player A's personality more than player B's, and instead of just saying so they make up all sorts of gobbledy-goop to rationalize it like some sort of analysis.

Bowles coached here with a GM that missed on every pick in 6 years. His personality and sideline demeanor has NOTHING to do with how successful he was. Without players, you don't win games. It's not a surprise that he had a good season with Marshall, Decker, Brick and Mangold before they all hit the wall and left the league.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I never quite understand when JN posters do this whole thing where they decide they like coach/player A's personality more than player B's, and instead of just saying so they make up all sorts of gobbledy-goop to rationalize it like some sort of analysis.

Bowles coached here with a GM that missed on every pick in 6 years. His personality and sideline demeanor has NOTHING to do with how successful he was. Without players, you don't win games. It's not a surprise that he had a good season with Marshall, Decker, Brick and Mangold before they all hit the wall and left the league.

Impossibly nice personality = poor player judgment. Duh.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I guess I'm becoming a prude in my old age but I find this offensive.  I know you're only quoting someone else but I wish people would use their words rather that offensive images.  (climbs down off his soapbox)

How about kissing ass? Same intended metaphor really, but is the imagery associated with putting one’s lips on the other side of the groin decidedly better? I guess it depends whose. ;) 

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How about kissing ass? Same intended metaphor really, but is the imagery associated with putting one’s lips on the other side of the groin decidedly better? I guess it depends whose. ;) 

I think kissing ass is accepted in polite company whereas the other isn't.  

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Or maybe, just maybe he had CRAP QBs and an AWFUL GM?!?

The man was like 5 sh*tztragic ints away and 1 gm away from the playoffs with a QB who's been in the league for 20 years with ZERO Playoff starts! McCown sucked too. And so did Sam. 

Poor Bowles never had a chance but he will become a HC again (I'm thinking N.E once Bill retires). 

Please make Bowles the HC of NE.  Please, please, please,please, please.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2021 at 8:19 PM, T0mShane said:

Bowles was non-confrontational and didn’t want players who would challenge him, and he and Maccagnan went way out of their way to prioritize bringing in humble, low-maintenance self-starters. It was gross.

Jamal Adams???

IMO, Bowles was more of a players coach than he should have been.  He let guys like geno and wilky and the hit an get way out of line and didn’t do much.  In a sense he tried to treat them like men and some of them walked all over him.  Can’t say much about his coaching ability. In my opinion these guys at the top of the coaching tree know all the X’s and O’s So it’s hard to see how his game plans an decisions were bad.  I think it would be great to know just why Gailey was forced out.  Maybe it was a hack attack from Mac.

On 5/29/2021 at 10:15 AM, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, beat me to it here.  It's such a ridiculous concept that around here with every new hire, some become desperate to try to paint one coach as the opposite extreme of another, as if that will fix everything.  Like it really comes to mean anything and at this point the Jets haven't failed miserably with every different variation of coach out there.

Meanwhile, the only thing Saleh and Bowles truly have that is completely different is their sideline demeanor, which is also the one thing that has been shown to be the most meaningless of all traits for coaches.  Other than that, there is some highly questionable revisionist history behind thrown around here in order to try to force a narrative.

There can only ever be one Adam Gase. I don't think he can be compared to anything, except maybe the RMS Lusitania.

Leadership really matters.  I served in the infantry in Vietnam.  My first CO was absolutely fantastic when we got into firefights.  His replacement was only interested in keeping himself alive.  Captains were supposed to only be in the field for 6 months but my first one stayed for 9 because he wouldn't ok his replacement until he had to.  A HC has to know how best to use his players in a game to get the win.  The players have to trust the HC that he does know what he is doing.

On 5/29/2021 at 8:48 AM, LIJetsFan said:

I guess I'm becoming a prude in my old age but I find this offensive.  I know you're only quoting someone else but I wish people would use their words rather that offensive images.  (climbs down off his soapbox)

Good on you for reminding me every once in a while that chivalry is not dead but only asleep at the wheel. I vaguely wish I could be more polished sometimes, but I always use decorum when I have to and I'm hyper-vigilant about it in real life.

Funny story, but my Mom, who would often be at her wits ends and pulling her hair out trying to change my stripes used to say to me, "I should send you to Charm School, but what a waste of money. You'd fail." We weren't even to close sniffing rich people's carpets, which makes it even funnier.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Every time I see Saleh speak, I get a reminder of the biggest reason we have to be a little hopeful this year. 

God, this man was such an absolute train wreck from day 1??

I'd take Rich Kotite back within a NY minute over another second of Adam Gase. 

The worst part was having to watch @SAR I shove him down our throats. 

On 5/29/2021 at 5:48 PM, Integrity28 said:

Without players, you don't win games. It's not a surprise that he had a good season with Marshall, Decker, Brick and Mangold before they all hit the wall and left the league.

But thats not the same as being a good or bad coach.