Keeping Sam & drafting Sewell at 2 would of been such a great move!

Sam is an injury prone, low football IQ, slow moving, disease spreading, slug with no arm strength and even worse accuracy. Sewell is the greatest left tackle prospect ever but he isn't good enough to play left tackle one week into ota's. He also can't figure out the right side. 

Sam + Sewell < Zach + Big Becton.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Is this a victory lap because a player said learning a new position isnt easy?  Kind of lame.  It's May.  I'm sure every rookie isnt finding this "easy". Lucky for him, he's got over 3 months to figure it out.

14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Many fans thought you can slot a tackle in at either spot when you really rarely can with no immediate learning curve/production drop off. Remember Duke Manyweather (Becton’s & many other NFL Tackles trainer) saying earlier in the offseason that you never can just slot a guy in somewhere along the OL and call it a day. There really does have to be some sort of versatility in the OLineman’s athletic stature or skill set to fit the scheme for that particular position. I think it’s important to know going forward so we don’t all sound goofy in 2022 when we want this or that guy signed for something he did well at LG in a man scheme.

most of those fans were sam fans. 

they wanted sam here no matter what and to build him a wall. Sewell was the best OL in the draft so they wanted him. 

they would have move QW to center and Crowder to RB if that meant Sam stayed.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Many fans thought you can slot a tackle in at either spot when you really rarely can with no immediate learning curve/production drop off. Remember Duke Manyweather (Becton’s & many other NFL Tackles trainer) saying earlier in the offseason that you never can just slot a guy in somewhere along the OL and call it a day. There really does have to be some sort of versatility in the OLineman’s athletic stature or skill set to fit the scheme for that particular position. I think it’s important to know going forward so we don’t all sound goofy in 2022 when we want this or that guy signed for something he did well at LG in a man scheme.

If you think that sliding an elite OLT prospect over to ORT is a problem, wait until you see what happens when you take an injury-prone ectomorph bumpkin from Big Sky Country and try to make him play QB in the AFC East. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If you think that sliding an elite OLT prospect over to ORT is a problem, wait until you see what happens when you take an injury-prone ectomorph bumpkin from Big Sky Country and try to make him play QB in the AFC East. 

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Pls don’t make this your new long term trolling agenda.

I can’t with this one.^

Agree 100%. That said, now that TS knows it is an annoyance, expect him doubling down on the trolling.

For a brief moment in time I was aligned with TS on on Deshaun Watson. hey arnold nicksplat GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Pls don’t make this your new long term trolling agenda.

I can’t with this one.^

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agree 100%. That said, now that TS knows it is an annoyance, expect him doubling down on the trolling.

For a brief moment in time I was aligned with TS on on Deshaun Watson. hey arnold nicksplat GIF

I will crowdsource my 2021 target of derision

• Haha 3

On 5/30/2021 at 10:02 AM, Patriot Killa said:

@bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti@bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti@bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti@bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti@bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti @bitonti

• Sympathy 1

On 5/30/2021 at 10:59 AM, JiFapono said:

Weird thread.  Not sure why you're all jammed up about someone's opinion, the Jets traded Sam and took Zach and a G, so like, who cares?  Is this a victory lap because a player said learning a new position isnt easy?  Kind of lame.  It's May.  I'm sure every rookie isnt finding this "easy". Lucky for him, he's got over 3 months to figure it out.

True, but how Sewell does at RT is largely irrelevant.  Devoting two top 11 picks to the OT spots would be a crazy terrible use of resources, and I'm very glad the Jets didn't do this.  IF Sewell sucks at RT that would just be icing on the cake.  Basically this thread would have been just as relevant 1 month ago as it is today, and would still be relevant a year from now even if Sewell is killing it, either at RT OR LT. 

PK opting to use this little bit of news that really means nothing in the long run was a bit silly, but whatevs.  The people who wanted Sewell and to keep Darnold were being silly and deserve to feel bad for it.  If PK needed this tweet of "news" to justify making the thread, so be it.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Even if you end up being correct about Wilson, it will still have been a better solution than trading back and rolling with Sweet Sammy.  Hopefully Douglas is willing to "fail quickly" if you're right in the end.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Didn’t see Wilson as legit. Hope I’m wrong. That’s all.

That's fair, but if it was Wilson that was the problem for you, would there have been an alternative QB at 2 you would have taken? 

There could even have been a scenario where the Jets trade back but still trade Darnold (rather than potentially losing him as a FA for nothing).

Just seems to me like any scenario where the Jets rolled with Darnold would have been the wrong move, regardless.  Very little to gain and a lot to lose there (like the 2nd, 4th and 6th rounders we got in the trade).  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's fair, but if it was Wilson that was the problem for you, couldn't it have been trade back AND trade Darnold?  Or take a different QB at 2?  

I stayed what I wanted at the time. Not sure the point of re-litigating it now.

19 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

How many people actually wanted to do this?

Personally, I liked the idea of keeping Sam and trading back. Not staying at 2 for Sewell.

Seems like a weird “told you so” thread just because the kid acknowledged that hard work is hard.

I think the only person supporting the idea on the entire board was Bit.  Most of us in the keep Sam camp wanted to trade down and get a haul.  That said, there were an army of posters who bashed any idea outside of drafting Wilson on this board.  It meant you were stupid, dumb, and dont know anything about Football, bro!  And apparently, it's enough for you to get called out on on the main forum because the player said in May, that the NFL wasnt easy.  And all the weird hyper sensitive dudes that wouldnt allow any opinion that wasnt drafting Wilson are in here eating this up, like a victory lap as if this means anything at all, which it doesnt and is so next level petty little cheerleader sh*t, especially considering the Wilson fanbois got what they wanted.  lmfao.  

Watch Sewell go onto a HOF career and play both LT/RT for a decade each.  lol

7 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Sam Darnold is one of the worst qbs in franchise history

Browning Nagle, Glenn Foley, Brooks Bollinger, Bryce Petty, Geno Smith, Al Dorow, Dick Wood, Neil O'Donnell and Sam Darnold all show up to your Saturday morning pick up game, who you taking to play QB?

• Haha 2

On 5/30/2021 at 10:30 AM, Patriot Killa said:

I was being sarcastic per thread title. I mean the idea of Sewell at 2 and sliding him to RT looks even more ridiculous now, but for reasons that go beyond wanting to keep Darnold. It’s just not logical football to think you can move guys wherever you want along the line & it will work out. We see Sewell admitting to the degree of difficulty, Orlando Brown never wants to go back to RT after experiencing LT, etc.

I don’t know how Vera-Tucker would look there, but you have people advocating we stick him at RT eventually. I just think it was a good opportunity to discuss positional changes from the standpoint of an OL - but I couldn’t resist poking a little fun at the entire idea (including Sam) that many had to begin with.

The idea of Sewell at 2 was never in play.  The idea of Sam, Vera Tucker, Slater and an extra 1 in 2022 and 2023 along with an extra 2 or 3 in 2022 might have been okay?

If Zach turns out to be an elite NFL QB and Sam turns out to be average we were still better off staying put.  

Taking Sewell over Slater and 2 1's and a 3 would have been insane.  

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I think the only person supporting the idea on the entire board was Bit.  Most of us in the keep Sam camp wanted to trade down and get a haul.  That said, there were an army of posters who bashed any idea outside of drafting Wilson on this board.  It meant you were stupid, dumb, and dont know anything about Football, bro!  And apparently, it's enough for you to get called out on on the main forum because the player said in May, that the NFL wasnt easy.  And all the weird hyper sensitive dudes that wouldnt allow any opinion that wasnt drafting Wilson are in here eating this up, like a victory lap as if this means anything at all, which it doesnt and is so next level petty little cheerleader sh*t, especially considering the Wilson fanbois got what they wanted.  lmfao.  

Watch Sewell go onto a HOF career and play both LT/RT for a decade each.  lol

I myself personally absolutely loved Penei Sewell and he's one of my top 5 O-Lineman prospects of All-Time. 

In regards to QBs?

• As an ACC fan (FSU) i wanted Trevor Lawrence out of Clemson. 

• After losing out on Trevor Lawrence I then wanted Justin Fields. 

✓ I ended up with Zach Wilson and I'm (now) A+ excited for this kid. 

I'm born and raised in Queens and later on my family moved to Florida. I never watched a lick of BYU Football. I never even knew BYU was in the state of, Utah. So therefore the idea of Zach Wilson throughout 2020's season was very foreign to me. I read about multiple surgieues including a shoulder surgery on his throwing shoulder and immediately had Chad Pennington flashbacks (without yet watching the kid, play). 

Now that I've had time to scout him as a fan I'm extremely excited for this kid, because there's not much to not like. His 2020 film is outstanding and he's so confident it's awesome. 

I hope these Zach Wilson day 1 shot callers are right (as were the day 1 Patrick Mahomes shot callers). 

Back to Sewell. It is weird. How so many Jet fans are "celebrating" due to him admitting a learning curve @ RT etc. However. He's a Franchise LT and there is no way Taylor Decker remains @ LT moving forward. When it's all said and done with it'll be Sewell @ LT and Decker @ RT.