Keeping Sam & drafting Sewell at 2 would of been such a great move!

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Oh the irony of this.

What a shame.  My passionate convictions are a thing of beauty to admire and instead of appreciating them and respecting my elegance you treat me in this manner.  I hold know grudges over a disagreement.  I dont start threads in May doing victory laps because I think I'm right about a player who's never played a down in the NFL.  I'm not sharing all the great articles out there being produced about my preferred choice in the draft.  Nope.  Not me.  I dont behave that way.  I just bring the hot takes with passion and conviction and move on.  You should look at this like a life lesson for your life coach.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

What a shame.  My passionate convictions are a thing of beauty to admire and instead of appreciating them and respecting my elegance you treat me in this manner.  I hold know grudges over a disagreement.  I dont start threads in May doing victory laps because I think I'm right about a player who's never played a down in the NFL.  I'm not sharing all the great articles out there being produced about my preferred choice in the draft.  Nope.  Not me.  I dont behave that way.  I just bring the hot takes with passion and conviction and move on.  You should look at this like a life lesson for your life coach.

Yeah, you’re an innocent angel who’s never a dick towards anyone, you never attack others in a condescending manner, or in often cases, a passive aggressive manner to get your points across, you don’t hi-jack threads or approach people smug that don’t agree with you, and you’re a forum favorite for your awesome rational demeanor. Truth. 

Also ironic how you claim to make a hot take and move on, but in the same comment, you’re literally displaying those awesome antagonistic traits of yours instead.

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, you’re an innocent angel who’s never a dick towards anyone, you never attack others in a condescending manner, or in often cases, a passive aggressive manner to get your points across, you don’t hi-jack threads or approach people smug that don’t agree with you, and you’re a forum favorite for your awesome rational demeanor. Truth. 

Also ironic how you claim to make a hot take and move on, but in the same comment, you’re literally displaying those awesome antagonistic traits of yours instead.

I share opinions and before we disagreed on which Qb to draft, we were good pals. FWIW, while you hold this bizarre grudge with me and call out other posters in threads because they disagreed with you, I still love and appreciate you.  

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

43 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I share opinions and before we disagreed on which Qb to draft, we were good pals. FWIW, while you hold this bizarre grudge with me and call out other posters in threads because they disagreed with you, I still love and appreciate you.  

❤️ you both.  Please stop fighting!  For me!

On 6/1/2021 at 7:15 AM, JiFapono said:

Browning Nagle, Glenn Foley, Brooks Bollinger, Bryce Petty, Geno Smith, Al Dorow, Dick Wood, Neil O'Donnell and Sam Darnold all show up to your Saturday morning pick up game, who you taking to play QB?

Geno Smith 

On 6/1/2021 at 1:15 PM, JiFapono said:

Browning Nagle, Glenn Foley, Brooks Bollinger, Bryce Petty, Geno Smith, Al Dorow, Dick Wood, Neil O'Donnell and Sam Darnold all show up to your Saturday morning pick up game, who you taking to play QB?

I love this question. I'd take any of them as long as we have an odd number of dudes and he plays all-time QB so the other team is equally bad.

On 5/31/2021 at 7:30 AM, T0mShane said:

If you think that sliding an elite OLT prospect over to ORT is a problem, wait until you see what happens when you take an injury-prone ectomorph bumpkin from Big Sky Country and try to make him play QB in the AFC East. 

giphy.gif

On 6/1/2021 at 8:39 PM, JiFapono said:

Nothing divides Jets fans like QB busts.

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2021 at 6:39 PM, bitonti said:

Thank you for your interest. All lines are busy. Please remain on hold and a customer service representative will be with you shortly. 

Jets fans: @bitonti's extrapolations of college athlete performance to the professional level weren't 100% accurate. Haha!

Also Jets fans: Sam Darnold could still be good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 4:59 PM, JiFapono said:

Weird thread.  Not sure why you're all jammed up about someone's opinion, the Jets traded Sam and took Zach and a G, so like, who cares?  Is this a victory lap because a player said learning a new position isnt easy?  Kind of lame.  It's May.  I'm sure every rookie isnt finding this "easy". Lucky for him, he's got over 3 months to figure it out.

Sewell is already a bust. Relax with the hedging 

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2021 at 7:15 AM, JiFapono said:

what a fun question. shocked not too many people picked up on this.

i dont think its a slam dunk that its Darnold.

i will never forget that game Nagle had against Atlanta where he threw for 366 yds and a 2 TDs. yes he was a huge bust but he at least had it in him to produce a game that no other on this list came close to.

O'Donnell had one decent year in 97. probably overall best year of anyone on this list.

i take O'Donnell

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Good luck in the Army weren’t you joining. 

considered it over a year ago in a lounge section thread because my life was in limbo, I was deteriorating from a mental standpoint, and my manic depression was chaotic and poisonous to not only me, but those around me. I assumed (in my 23-24 year old head) it was best to run away and better myself by other methods. Never winded up happening. Life moved on & I found new things to worry about & new ways to deal with them.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

considered it over a year ago in a lounge section thread because my life was in limbo, I was deteriorating from a mental standpoint, and my manic depression was chaotic and poisonous to not only me, but those around me.

feels like I made that thread almost around the time I made this thread, actually.

Thanks for resurrecting this for absolutely no good reason other than to crack a snide comeback you should of cracked three weeks ago when this topic was on the front page and still relevant. I don’t enjoy re-reading my own petty gibberish as much as the next guy.

Just saw the comment directed at me that’s why I responded now.  I didn’t resurrect the thread. Talk trash and expect others to remain silent. Good luck in life. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Just saw the comment directed at me that’s why I responded now.  I didn’t resurrect the thread. Talk trash and expect others to remain silent. Good luck in life. 

Talk trash? You take everything typed, spoken or directed at you with the utmost seriousness and then low blow people in response. It’s the Internet, stfu and learn how to shoot the sh*t on here a little. You’ve been here since like 07’.

but bringing up my personal life, which I shared in confidence with JNer’s over a year ago as some sort of comeback is weird. It’s not sassy. It’s not a good one. It’s weird.

I also don’t need luck. I believe I have a good heart, I’m a decently bright dude & most importantly, i have a higher power guiding me right where I need to be.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Talk trash? You take everything typed, spoken or directed at you with the utmost seriousness and then low blow people in response. It’s the Internet, stfu and learn how to shoot the sh*t on here a little. You’ve been here since like 07’.

but bringing up my personal life, which I shared in confidence with JNer’s over a year ago as some sort of comeback is weird. It’s not sassy. It’s not a good one. It’s weird.

I also don’t need luck. I believe I have a good heart, I’m a decently bright dude & most importantly, i have a higher power guiding me right where I need to be.

Good luck hope it all works out for you. 

2 hours ago, doitny said:

i will never forget that game Nagle had against Atlanta where he threw for 366 yds and a 2 TDs. yes he was a huge bust but he at least had it in him to produce a game that no other on this list came close to.

O'Donnell had one decent year in 97. probably overall best year of anyone on this list.

i take O'Donnell

The bolded statement isn’t even close to being true.

• Darnold has had a better game than that. 
  • Smith had a better game than that. Twice. 
  • O’Donnell was a game manager but even as a game manager he had a better games than that, by far. Never mind he was a legit NFL QB and Nagle wasn’t.
  • Foley threw for over 400 yards & 3 TDs in a game, despite crappy run support from the compiler, in that ‘98 season-opener that ended with Hearst’s humiliating 96-yard run in OT. 

As far as the rest, Dorow & Wood played in late 50s/early-60s AFL so it’s hard to draw a real parallel to the modern-day NFL. Dorow did lead the AFL with 26 TDs one year, which has been eclipsed by few Jets QBs since, even in a 16-game season and 6 more than Nagle’s career total. A different game and it’s before my time but they both had 300-yard games, and individual ones superior to Nagle’s lone big stats-game. In more limited action, even Bollinger had a game comparable to Nagle’s best, and he didn’t have near Nagle’s arm strength. 

Of that list, I’d say Petty was the most useless, followed by Nagle second-most useless, and Bollinger a close 3rd (though I wouldn’t get into an argument over shuffling that order). The rest are/were at least NFL QBs. Maybe best as backup QBs perhaps, like Kellen Clemens who’s missing from this list, but NFL QBs still.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

i take O'Donnell

I remember that game distinctly and was like OMG we found our QB. That lasted about a week ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

considered it over a year ago in a lounge section thread because my life was in limbo, I was deteriorating from a mental standpoint, and my manic depression was chaotic and poisonous to not only me, but those around me. I assumed (in my 23-24 year old head) it was best to run away and better myself by other methods. Never winded up happening. Life moved on & I found new things to worry about & new ways to deal with them.

23-24 LOL At that age I was like a chick ? popping out the shell and thinking I should get back in because this life thing was just too much. I didn’t even approach any sense of maturity till I was 36. You could say I was like past NY Jets GM’s. I looked like I knew what I was doing but had absolutely no fckin clue. Slow learner LOL ? You sound like you’re doing fine and are a bright kid from what I hear. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

This shows a lack of confidence in Sewell. Huge red flag

I was totally against keeping Darnold in any way/shape/form but if Jets' fans confidence in a player has any impact on player performance it's a contrarian effect.