Keeping Sam & drafting Sewell at 2 would of been such a great move!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many fans thought you can slot a tackle in at either spot when you really rarely can with no immediate learning curve/production drop off. Remember Duke Manyweather (Becton’s & many other NFL Tack

I love this place so much ...  😂😂😂 We really should not care about our own opinions so much. The good thing about being a pessimist is when I'm wrong it's usually a good thing, so I'm perpetually

Considered down voting you for thread title.  Doesn't really have anything to do with the post.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Keeping Sam was a laughable idea.  Thank goodness we have tremendously smart individuals running this team who would not have brought Sam back if their life depended on it.

Actually...if JD didn’t have the 2nd pick...he said we would of kept him.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Actually...if JD didn’t have the 2nd pick...he said we would of kept him.

Ugh.  Every time I want to believe Douglas knows what he's doing I remember things like these that he said.

Hopefully he was just lying about that.  There was no good reason to hang on to Sam Darnold for a 4th season and give up the draft capital we received back in the trade for him.

• Upvote 4
8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ugh.  Every time I want to believe Douglas knows what he's doing I remember things like these that he said.

Hopefully he was just lying about that.  There was no good reason to hang on to Sam Darnold for a 4th season and give up the draft capital we received back in the trade for him.

So far JD is 2-2 in the lie department Jamal Adams and Sam Darold both gone. 

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Boo!  Ignorance to obvious sarcasm creates some of our best content!

No it doesn’t. What a silly opinion. 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Eh people say a lot of things actions speak louder than words

• Upvote 3
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GangGreened said:

+1, a pointless, premature thread 

I’ll have you know I’m a celebrity around these parts Mr. 214 positive rep. 

I CAN AFFORD TO POINTLESS. GET YER WEIGHT UP ROOKIE.

Edited by Patriot Killa
I wasn’t quite finished laying down the law..
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, jgb said:

I was totally against keeping Darnold in any way/shape/form but if Jets' fans confidence in a player has any impact on player performance it's a contrarian effect.

No it’s Sewell’s lack of confidence that is disturbing.  Him saying he still has something to learn as a rookie is a red flag.  I feel sorry for the lions between trading away a top 5 Qb in Stafford and drafting the next Robert Gallery it’s going to be a tough year

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

No it’s Sewell’s lack of confidence that is disturbing.  Him saying he still has something to learn as a rookie is a red flag.  I feel sorry for the lions between trading away a top 5 Qb in Stafford and drafting the next Robert Gallery it’s going to be a tough year

wait, you aren’t serious, are you? I was just busting balls and trolling when I said good thing we didn’t draft Sewell at 2 like some wanted. I was only picking at their suggested methods to building the team thru Darnold.

as stated - this thread is completely pointless and the product of petty boredom. Nothing to go tit for tat with, my man. The only part I was truly serious about was the part were you cannot simply plug any OL player across the line and everything is peachy.

• Upvote 1
cimini_rich.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

WR Corey Davis bristled when asked about his comment from March, when he said he signed with the Jets based on the "understanding" that Sam Darnold would be the QB. Pressed, Davis snapped, "Zach (Wilson) is the quarterback. I'm excited about it."

Screenshot_20210617-184547.png

3 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

Can’t tell if sarcasm so have an upvote, you rascal.

21 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The bolded statement isn’t even close to being true.

• Darnold has had a better game than that. 
  • Smith had a better game than that. Twice. 
  • O’Donnell was a game manager but even as a game manager he had a better games than that, by far. Never mind he was a legit NFL QB and Nagle wasn’t.
  • Foley threw for over 400 yards & 3 TDs in a game, despite crappy run support from the compiler, in that ‘98 season-opener that ended with Hearst’s humiliating 96-yard run in OT. 

As far as the rest, Dorow & Wood played in late 50s/early-60s AFL so it’s hard to draw a real parallel to the modern-day NFL. Dorow did lead the AFL with 26 TDs one year, which has been eclipsed by few Jets QBs since, even in a 16-game season and 6 more than Nagle’s career total. A different game and it’s before my time but they both had 300-yard games, and individual ones superior to Nagle’s lone big stats-game. In more limited action, even Bollinger had a game comparable to Nagle’s best, and he didn’t have near Nagle’s arm strength. 

Of that list, I’d say Petty was the most useless, followed by Nagle second-most useless, and Bollinger a close 3rd (though I wouldn’t get into an argument over shuffling that order). The rest are/were at least NFL QBs. Maybe best as backup QBs perhaps, like Kellen Clemens who’s missing from this list, but NFL QBs still.

wow, i hope you looked that up because if you did that from memory thats incredible.

i guess that Nagle game stayed in my memory. doing that in his 1st start i really thought we had our FQB.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course he was lying about that, he was hoping to get as much as he could for Sam. 

• Upvote 2
cimini_rich.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

WR Corey Davis bristled when asked about his comment from March, when he said he signed with the Jets based on the "understanding" that Sam Darnold would be the QB. Pressed, Davis snapped, "Zach (Wilson) is the quarterback. I'm excited about it."

Screenshot_20210617-184547.thumb.png.be36a85abc6f8ea6f72bf96e7b6eb5bc.png
Cimini is a trap happy douche. He's looking for backpage quotes...

He would.never frame the comments as ... Davis exhibiting good teammate etiquette....

He schtick is old, lazy and tired.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Of course he was lying about that, he was hoping to get as much as he could for Sam. 

Right but I think he even said it again after the fact, that if we weren't picking where we were, Darnold would have remained a Jet. 

Maybe just lying to make himself look like the good guy who wanted to keep Darnold or something...

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right but I think he even said it again after the fact, that if we weren't picking where we were, Darnold would have remained a Jet. 

Maybe just lying to make himself look like the good guy who wanted to keep Darnold or something...

Never a good look for the boss to sh*t talk employees after they leave. Worked for a boss like that. Has a serious negative impact on morale and ironically causes more people to leave.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Never a good look for the boss to sh*t talk employees after they leave. Worked for a boss like that. Has a serious negative impact on morale and ironically causes more people to leave.

Absolutely.  My wife left her most recent job partly for that exact reason.  

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Absolutely.  My wife left her most recent job partly for that exact reason.  

In the 6 months before I left that company I had gotten an award from my boss for going "above and beyond." You know, corporate banquet, cheesy Lucite trophy, all that.

When I told her I was leaving, she asked for a chance to counter because they really wanted to keep me. Offered me basically a blank check to go to any country I was interested in working from. I politely declined.

At my exit interview, was told that she reduced my final bonus payout due to "unsatisfactory performance." Just rolled my eyes. Wasn't going to sue my company in a foreign country for a couple grand. I considered it my freedom price and it was worth it.

• Upvote 4
On 6/17/2021 at 6:42 AM, Maynard13 said:

I hope you’re kidding. I really really hope you’re kidding. I’d take Kerley and run the wildcat before ever watching Geno. 

Geno Smith > Sam Darnold

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
22 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Geno Smith > Sam Darnold

20 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Lesser of two evils

Both terrible. But Geno was also a sulking, mouth-breathing man child who literally instigated brawls in the locker room by stiffing a dude making 1/20th of his salary over $200.

They’re both garbage on the field but at least Darnold was not a colossal ahole here so by that definition slightly less sucky IMHO. Although if you factor in what each cost to acquire, I can see the case for Geno.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Both terrible. But Geno was also a sulking, mouth-breathing man child who literally instigated brawls in the locker room by stiffing a dude making 1/20th of his salary over $200.

They’re both garbage on the field but at least Darnold was not a colossal ahole here so by that definition slightly less sucky IMHO. Although if you factor in what each cost to acquire, I can see the case for Geno.

Darnold never had a perfect game like Geno did.

• Upvote 1
On 6/17/2021 at 11:41 PM, HawaiisOnlyJetsFan said:

My 6 yr old nephew came to me the other day with a deflated football because he wanted to toss the ball around in the yard, so I proceeded to inflate the ball which was leaking air and I told him sorry bud but it's not going inflate but we can still throw it like this. He says "No, I don't want want to be like Tom Brady" 😂😂😂

And then everyone in the Starbucks clapped and the barista gave you your coffee on the house 

r/thathappened 

• Haha 1