Jump to content

Hawks trading for Jones seems like pipe dream w/o ‘22 #1


Recommended Posts

This team is forsaking their future. RW wants protection….. does another deep threat help prevent the OL collapsing? Especially after drafting Eskridge Moore light) at #56?
 

As the Falcons continue to field calls from teams interested in trading for Julio Jones, the Seahawkshave had discussions about a possible trade with Atlanta for the wide receiver, sources told ESPN's Dianna Russini.

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and Jones have been in touch, having phone conversations to discuss the possibility of playing together, Russini reported.
 

The Seahawks do not have a first-round pick in 2022 after sending it to the New York Jets last year to acquire safety Jamal Adams.

Seattle Seahawks 2021 NFL Draft Picks:
  • Round 2, pick 56 – D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan.
  • Round 4, pick 137 (from TB) – Tre Brown, CB, Oklahoma.
  • Round 6, pick 208 ( From SEA through MIA and CHI) – Stone Forsythe, OT, Florida.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, pointman said:

Jamal Adams is a bad luck jinx. 

He really is! He is a narcissist with an inferiority complex wrapped in a deep dissatisfaction with his circumstances. Wants to have Mahomes, Lebrun, Tiger type adoration but is only at L’Veon Bell level (the clock is running out)
 

Conversation

 
q7gXxX2g_x96.jpg
 
GREATNESS IS THE ONLY STANDARD! #Prez
 
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Seahawks have a little over $7 mil in cap space right now. No way they can add Julio and pay Jamal. Praying huge for a Julio trade to watch Adams get throwed on the Clearance rack.

That really would be full circle justice  

Happen Black Woman GIF by iOne Digital
 

Angry Badass GIF by Yellowstone
 

Karma Karmas A Bitch GIF by SVU

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Didn’t realize that!!  2 years in a row!

Executive malfeasance on a historic level 

As much as I loved #33 we received an absolute haul for him. 

I was so against a single 1st (#17 from Dallas) but to secure two first round picks + a 3rd? That's incredible value. 

So far we've turned Jamal Adams into Vera-Tucker and already can't wait who we turn him into next draft (2022's 1st).

• Seattle could be fkd. 

• Only 3 draft picks throughout this previous draft? 

• Only 3 upcoming draft picks come 2022?

✓ That's absolutely nuts. 

Seattle is now having to depend on signing Undrafted Free Agents and 2021 (Wilson or not) could become a nightmare season for them (giving us a top 5-10 pick). 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

And they just gave Schneider an extension...

Schneider refused to go along with all this GM incompetence. The extension was a bribe to get him to go along with all this nonsense. Hawks are doomed.

He knows that when it blows up and he’s fired, he has a very nice cushion to let things die down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, addage said:

Schneider refused to go along with all this GM incompetence. The extension was a bribe to get him to go along with all this nonsense. Hawks are doomed.

He knows that when it blows up and he’s fired, he has a very nice cushion to let things die down. 

Schneider made the Jamal trade like 6 months before signing the extension.

The guy is living off the “legion of boom” days.

Meanwhile he continues to give his future HOF QB a patchwork OL, has allowed that defense to deteriorate into hot doodoo, has a grand total of 6 draft picks over a two year span and has his back up against the wall in regards to the cap.

He sucks 

If anything were to happen to Russell this year, that Seattle 1st in 2022 could very well end up being a Top 3 pick.

His incompetence has become more and more glaring.

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

This team is forsaking their future. RW wants protection….. does another deep threat help prevent the OL collapsing? Especially after drafting Eskridge Moore light) at #56?
 

As the Falcons continue to field calls from teams interested in trading for Julio Jones, the Seahawkshave had discussions about a possible trade with Atlanta for the wide receiver, sources told ESPN's Dianna Russini.

Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and Jones have been in touch, having phone conversations to discuss the possibility of playing together, Russini reported.
 

The Seahawks do not have a first-round pick in 2022 after sending it to the New York Jets last year to acquire safety Jamal Adams.

Seattle Seahawks 2021 NFL Draft Picks:
  • Round 2, pick 56 – D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan.
  • Round 4, pick 137 (from TB) – Tre Brown, CB, Oklahoma.
  • Round 6, pick 208 ( From SEA through MIA and CHI) – Stone Forsythe, OT, Florida.
 

 

Jones for Adams?

How badly do they wish they had those picks back?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t know if I’d cry too much about the Seahawks. They’ve made the playoffs 9 out of the past ten seasons so they must be doing something right in churning their roster. True the Jamal trade was a head scratcher but they still won their division last season.  We’ll see what happens. Delete Pete isn’t getting any younger and neither is Wilson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Schneider made the Jamal trade like 6 months before signing the extension.

The guy is living off the “legion of boom” days.

Meanwhile he continues to give his future HOF QB a patchwork OL, has allowed that defense to deteriorate into hot doodoo, has a grand total of 6 draft picks over a two year span and has his back up against the wall in regards to the cap.

He sucks 

If anything were to happen to Russell this year, that Seattle 1st in 2022 could very well end up being a Top 3 pick.

His incompetence has become more and more glaring.

I don’t think we disagree on this. My question isn’t whether the Hawks have and are acting incompetently. That’s a given.

My point is that Schneider knows this. He is in a trap. Pete is the real power in Seattle. The extension may be Seattle’s way of keeping him in line and filling out the paperwork while the ship sinks.

Seattle’s special teams coach just resigned to go elsewhere. Wouldn’t happen if things were on the rise. 
 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

I don’t know if I’d cry too much about the Seahawks. They’ve made the playoffs 9 out of the past ten seasons so they must be doing something right in churning their roster. True the Jamal trade was a head scratcher but they still won their division last season.  We’ll see what happens. Delete Pete isn’t getting any younger and neither is Wilson.

Agreed but none of that means squat if they miss the playoffs the next ten. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Agreed but none of that means squat if they miss the playoffs the next ten. 

I completely disagree. 

They won a SB back in 2013. 

And that'll always mean something to their Fan base and something that can never be taken away from them as a Franchise. 

I swear. If the Jets ever win a SB? I'll one day die a very happy sports fan. I couldn't care less if we have losing season after losing season (as long as I had a chance to witness an NYJ SB). 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I completely disagree. 

They won a SB back in 2013. 

And that'll always mean something to their Fan base and something that can never be taken away from them as a Franchise. 

I swear. If the Jets ever win a SB? I'll one day die a very happy sports fan. I couldn't care less if we have losing season after losing season (as long as I had a chance to witness an NYJ SB). 

Yeah agreed, trading fur Jamal will be the beginning of the end for that franchise. Well put, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah agreed, trading fur Jamal will be the beginning of the end for that franchise. Well put, 

And here's to Vera-Tucker and our Seattle's 2022 1st becoming the begining of a new begining alongside of Mr. Wilson. 

I'm a Jets fan. I absolutely enjoying Jamal's play on the field as a Jet but st the end of the day I'm a Jets fan and I know we received a haul for him; but I hope we end up absolutely FLEECING them. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

And here's to Vera-Tucker and our Seattle's 2022 1st becoming the begining of a new begining alongside of Mr. Wilson. 

I'm a Jets fan. I absolutely enjoying Jamal's play on the field as a Jet but st the end of the day I'm a Jets fan and I know we received a haul for him; but I hope we end up absolutely FLEECING them. 

I like him when he was here. Looking forward to liking some of our guys this year. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Rams have traded all their draft picks for the next 5 years 

Yup.  I know the Seahawks hate 1st round picks given their performance in that round of late and willingness to give them away, but when it comes to that topic, the Rams are like "hold my beer".  Their last 1st round pick was in 2016 (Goff), and their next one isn't scheduled to take place until 2024.

It hasn't come back to bite them yet and may not any time soon, but man, that's a lot of years to end up going without a 1st.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I could really picture Julio Jones becoming a Green Bay Packer; in order to help Aaron Rodgers get over the hump (for one last SB run). 

A WR duo of Julio Jones and Davante Adams would become an absolute beastly WR tandem. 

My #1 fear is him going to Buffalo.

Because Josh Allen featuring Julio Jones and Stefon Diggs would imo make Buffalo the AFC's #1 SB contender..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Agreed but none of that means squat if they miss the playoffs the next ten. 

we'll see what happens.  the game can be pretty strange.  we see the rams and the niners as the powers in the division but they both didn't do as well as hoped.  we all hear the whole wilson wants oline help but just how credible are the sources?  and wilson's perception of what's going on on the field is different than what the coaches see in the tape.  it could be that wilson needs a reliable receiver like jones to bail him out more than an oline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, rangerous said:

we'll see what happens.  the game can be pretty strange.  we see the rams and the niners as the powers in the division but they both didn't do as well as hoped.  we all hear the whole wilson wants oline help but just how credible are the sources?  and wilson's perception of what's going on on the field is different than what the coaches see in the tape.  it could be that wilson needs a reliable receiver like jones to bail him out more than an oline.

Agreed. But no cap room and no draft picks. Also we all saw what all world QBs and receivers get you in the Super Bowl without solid O line play. Im No expert but I assume Seattle will start with an O line not much better than KC had going into the Super Bowl. KC’s off season kinda tells us all we need to know about O line and championship runs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Agreed. But no cap room and no draft picks. Also we all saw what all world QBs and receivers get you in the Super Bowl without solid O line play. Im No expert but I assume Seattle will start with an O line not much better than KC had going into the Super Bowl. KC’s off season kinda tells us all we need to know about O line and championship runs. 

things are looking up for them.  they launched schitty.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Rams have traded all their draft picks for the next 5 years 

And the Rams have Woods/Kupp/Desean Jackson and used 2nd round picks the last two years on Van Jefferson and Tutu Atwell. 

Obviously, Jones is better than all those players, but given what it would take to get Julio that would be an excessive amount of cap/draft capital invested in one position. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...