Thank you Veterans!

They all knew they were toast and about to potentially die.

troops_dday_landing-2.jpg

The racist garbage that went on (no politics please); but let me just say that Daniel Inouye was one badass motherfckr, I'm talking Holy Mother of  Sh itness. One of his deep regrets in life was that he never got to thank an African American soldier who gave him a blood transfusion when he was bleeding out. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

12 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Thank you to all to all who have served and died.  No politics needed,  by the way.  Just like no racial card needed.  The military knows who supports them. 

Indeed, and I hope that wasn't directed at me or that my comment was misconstrued. I even said no poltics and I was just stating hard facts without going into it.  

Interesting side-note about Vietnam: black soldiers were respected and deeply feared by the Viet Cong. As a side-note - it will come to me - there used to be a poster on here whose brother went through serious repercussions from that War. His brother died after a lot of emotional suffering. I'm fairly sure his name was Carlos, but like I said, it will come to me. I remember everything.

My biological father was a tactical photographer in the Navy during The Vietnam Conflict. He joined the Navy at the urging of my biological grandfather to avoid conscription because you are were most definitely not coming out alive otherwise. He didn't see any direct mano a mano, but what he did see was a sh it ton of dead bodies. I have some photos that he took to keep himself grounded and sane in Laos and Cambodia. It looks like a tropical paradise. He never focused on the body bags. He always left them out.

It's really off-the-wall stuff to listen to and he's very close to the vest, but he basically just stayed high almost the whole time he was there and lived a transient life in Hawaii for a few years after he was discharged to try to adjust. To this day, who needs a light meter or needs to check their Fstop. It's so impressive. I have already laid claim to several photographs that are mine. Because I said so.

One of the craziest stories that he told me was that there was a huge fire fight in the distance, Napalm, the whole deal. He was so fcking high on acid and was semi-panicking and then someone in his tent said, "Look at the colors, man. We're good." So he marveled at the colors and went to sleep later.

To be clear, he does not do drugs and is as clean as a whistle. That all ran quicker than Mercury very shortly after he was back in the U.S. It was a coping mechanism as a 20 year old in the middle of bumfuk nowhere.

The rate of suicide in the Military is unconscionable to me. Something seriously needs to be done. For anyone looking for help, please do so. I know it can be an uncaring machine and feeling controlled is a part of the problem that vets deal with. There are resources out there outside of the Military that are getting better because people who have seen action are getting sick of it and are taking up the reins. Peace and Blessings.

-jeto

EDIT & P.S.: I always loved Military Appreciation Day at The Old Dump. What's not to love about hugging handsome hardbodies. No, I never perved anyone. My loss.

• Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Indeed, and I hope that wasn't directed at me or that my comment was misconstrued. I even said no poltics and I was just stating hard facts without going into it.  

Interesting side-note about Vietnam: black soldiers were respected and deeply feared by the Viet Cong. As a side-note - it will come to me - there used to be a poster on here whose brother went through serious repercussions from that War. His brother died after a lot of emotional suffering. I'm fairly sure his name was Carlos, but like I said, it will come to me. I remember everything.

My biological father was a tactical photographer in the Navy during The Vietnam Conflict. He joined the Navy at the urging of my biological grandfather to avoid conscription because you are were most definitely not coming out alive otherwise. He didn't see any direct mano a mano, but what he did see was a sh it ton of dead bodies. I have some photos that he took to keep himself grounded and sane in Laos and Cambodia. It looks like a tropical paradise. He never focused on the body bags. He always left them out.

It's really off-the-wall stuff to listen to and he's very close to the vest, but he basically just stayed high almost the whole time he was there and lived a transient life in Hawaii for a few years after he was discharged to try to adjust. To this day, who needs a light meter or needs to check their Fstop. It's so impressive. I have already laid claim to several photographs that are mine. Because I said so.

One of the craziest stories that he told me was that there was a huge fire fight in the distance, Napalm, the whole deal. He was so fcking high on acid and was semi-panicking and then someone in his tent said, "Look at the colors, man. We're good." So he marveled at the colors and went to sleep later.

To be clear, he does not do drugs and is as clean as a whistle. That all ran quicker than Mercury very shortly after he was back in the U.S. It was a coping mechanism as a 20 year old in the middle of bumfuk nowhere.

The rate of suicide in the Military is unconscionable to me. Something seriously needs to be done. For anyone looking for help, please do so. I know it can be an uncaring machine and feeling controlled is a part of the problem that vets deal with. There are resources out there outside of the Military that are getting better because people who have seen action are getting sick of it and are taking up the reins. Peace and Blessings.

-jeto

EDIT & P.S.: I always loved Military Appreciation Day at The Old Dump. What's not to love about hugging handsome hardbodies. No, I never perved anyone. My loss.

Appreciate the post.  Yes, racism exists all over the world and no race is excluded from being racist

• Upvote 1