Adam Gase’s Clueless Coaching Clouds Picture on Player Performance

47 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Real fans, fans who understand the game and what they were watching understood that the 6-2 finish wasnt because of Gase coaching skills but a perfectly laid out schedule and circumstances as with Pitt playing with a 3rd string QB.  You on the other hand keep repeating 6-2 as if it meant more than what reality told everyone else

Real fans who understand the game also can see that it will be very easy for Robert Saleh, with a superior roster, superior quarterback, and even easier schedule, to win 8 games this year.  And that's the expectation.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase is a scapegoat.  Just like Sanchez.  Just like Carroll.  Jets fans just love 'em some scapegoat.

Joe Douglas' fingerprints were all over the 2020 Jets.  And we went from 7-9 to 2-14.  But, shhh, it was all Adam Gase's fault, don't you dare even mention that we had the same quarterback and same coaching staff, that they were the constants, that Douglas was the variable.  No no no, we're in good hands now.

SAR I

Douglas got rid of the sh1t that Maccagnan brought in. You take one step back to go two steps forward. Douglas is doing a great job.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

And there you go, on your way to giving Joe Douglas a free pass for 4 years when you only gave Adam Gase 4 games.

Joe Douglas was given the biggest gift any NFL has ever been given-  11 full months to prepare for his first draft, 10 full months to get ready for his first free agency period, and all he did was take a 7 win Maccagnan roster down to a 2 win joke.  And then he cut his coaching staff loose.  And then he threw his quarterback under the bus.

Joe Douglas is the new Rex Ryan.  Just without the theatrics.

SAR I

JD hasnt been running the Jets 4 years.

Need to get the details right.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's certainly a fair take.  Gase never likes to use TE's for some reason, or at least doesn't use them effectively.  Mike Gesicki is thriving in Miami in a post-Gase world.

I do still think Herndon probably sucks but he should perform much better this year than he did the past 2.

Problem is that its hard to guess what Herndon is when he was so ignored in Gases offense of the future.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fast forward to the 2020 Jets, who without an historically easy schedule like they had in 2019 plummeted to the bottom of the league.

And even the most devoted Gase defenders like SAR saw the team for what it was, an undisciplined, poorly coached team that couldn't or didnt know how to adapt to the changes that are a needed in any game

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Real fans who understand the game also can see that it will be very easy for Robert Saleh, with a superior roster, superior quarterback, and even easier schedule, to win 8 games this year.  And that's the expectation.

SAR I

No, the real fans see further than just the roster when judging the job a HC does or doesnt do.

You can see an ability to coach while a team is or isnt playing well

But its funny to watch you create your set up of calling for a 8 win season.  Youre almost hoping the Jets fall short so that you can take your troll show in that direction.  Saleh has all this extra talent and he didnt win 8 games therefore Gase was wrongfully fired, blah, blah, blah.  Not defending Gase of course while you defend Gase.  

As long as the Jets, with a rookie HC, OC, DC, QB etc win more than 2 games, we'll all be happy, SAR will call it a failure.  Book it.  

Youre too transparent to all after all these years SAR

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

A lot of Jets fans who paid for billboards and planes flying over the West Side Highway a few months are surprisingly chill about a GM lording over a third consecutive disastrous season. When you read these posts saying they’re happy af to go 3-13 this year, you realize it wasn’t the record that made them hate Gase, it was that Gase was mean to them and they sensitive snowflake constitutions couldn’t take it. If only Adam had a clever catch phrase like “Let’s get a goddamn snack” or “All Gas, No Brakes,” he may still have a job. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gase was actually holding back the hidden cache of secretly great Mike Maccagnan draft picks, for sure.

Connor McGovern was not a Mac pick/signing

GVR was not a Mac pick/signing

Denzel Mims was not a Mac pick/signing

Ty Johnson was not a Mac pick/signing

But other than that, sure.  Spot on.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A lot of Jets fans who paid for billboards and planes flying over the West Side Highway a few months are surprisingly chill about a GM lording over a third consecutive disastrous season. When you read these posts saying they’re happy af to go 3-13 this year, you realize it wasn’t the record that made them hate Gase, it was that Gase was mean to them and they sensitive snowflake constitutions couldn’t take it. If only Adam had a clever catch phrase like “Let’s get a goddamn snack” or “All Gas, No Brakes,” he may still have a job. 

Got us to 2 AFCCG's your boy Mangini never won a playoff game..?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Douglas got rid of the sh1t that Maccagnan brought in. You take one step back to go two steps forward. Douglas is doing a great job.

Views 2-14 and a subsequent blow up of the entire front office in less than 24 months as a "great job".

Wow.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

JD hasnt been running the Jets 4 years.

Need to get the details right.

The rebuild was announced by Christopher Johnson in 2017.  Maccagnan was gutting the team in 2017 and 2018.  "Suck For Sam" happens.

Douglas was brought here a month after the 2019 draft.  He was very active in June 1 free agency, bringing in Karre Vedvik, Ryan Kallil, and several others.  They all bust.

Strange timing of Maccagnan firing has a great benefit-  Douglas has 10 months to prepare for his first draft.  Not the 2 months that all other GM's get.

Strange timing of Maccagnan firing has a great benefit-  Douglas has 11 months to prepare for his first full free agency period.  Not the 1 month that all other GM's get.

Douglas winds up with a rebuilt 2020 roster four-years in the making featuring 27 players on 1 year deals.

Jets go 2-14.

"That never happened!  He just got here!" says you.  "Nice try." says me.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No, the real fans see further than just the roster when judging the job a HC does or doesnt do.

You can see an ability to coach while a team is or isnt playing well

But its funny to watch you create your set up of calling for a 8 win season.  Youre almost hoping the Jets fall short so that you can take your troll show in that direction.  Saleh has all this extra talent and he didnt win 8 games therefore Gase was wrongfully fired, blah, blah, blah.  Not defending Gase of course while you defend Gase.  

As long as the Jets, with a rookie HC, OC, DC, QB etc win more than 2 games, we'll all be happy, SAR will call it a failure.  Book it.  

Youre too transparent to all after all these years SAR

There is no conspiracy here, no agenda.

Geniuses told me I was an idiot and a blind squirrel could have led the Jets to a 6-2 finish with that cupcake 2019 schedule.

Well, it's baaack.  The 2021 schedule is easy, we have a much better roster, we have a fresh new quarterback, and we have the hottest young HC/DC/OC combo in the NFL.

Why are you so afraid to say that 8 wins is a mandate?  In the context of what the Worst HC In The NFL was able to achieve in 2019 with a worse roster and a worse staff and a worse QB this should be a no brainer, you should be printing t-shirts, you should be flying planes,  you should be buying billboards.

SAR I

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Brilliantly stated.

Jets fans are cheap and just want to whine about everything, damned Mets and Islanders fans who have no idea what it takes to win or what standards should be expected.  "Our stadium isn't pretty enough!" they proclaim as they wear 40 year old jerseys and ill-fitting zubas to tailgate in their Saturn's to Rush music.  Such arbiters of taste.

There is no logical explanation for the same people who gave Adam Gase 4 measly games giving Joe Douglas 4 friggin' years.  There is no logical explanation for the same people who held Gase's past against him to let Douglas off the hook for not taking advantage of the Maccagnan rebuild-in-progress he inherited.

It's a popularity contest.  It's little brother syndrome.  That Jets management actually listens to these morons is dumbfounding.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Jesus SAR....That's even messed up for you!

We were 2-14 last year!  The second-worst season in team history, and Joe Douglas was responsible for 75% of the roster and 100% of the coaching staff!  Hello!?

But he's chubby and he's humble and he loads up on picks making draftniks harder than a cock ring so he gets a free pass.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

The rebuild was announced by Christopher Johnson in 2017.  Maccagnan was gutting the team in 2017 and 2018.  "Suck For Sam" happens.

Douglas was brought here a month after the 2019 draft.  He was very active in June 1 free agency, bringing in Karre Vedvik, Ryan Kallil, and several others.  They all bust.

Strange timing of Maccagnan firing has a great benefit-  Douglas has 10 months to prepare for his first draft.  Not the 2 months that all other GM's get.

Strange timing of Maccagnan firing has a great benefit-  Douglas has 11 months to prepare for his first full free agency period.  Not the 1 month that all other GM's get.

Douglas winds up with a rebuilt 2020 roster four-years in the making featuring 27 players on 1 year deals.

Jets go 2-14.

"That never happened!  He just got here!" says you.  "Nope." says me.

SAR I

Hes had 2 drafts, he hasnt had close to 4 seasons.  

The Jets were a bad stripped down team that Gase actually almost turned into a 0 win team.  

The Jets as assembled were in no way were a 0 win team, thats on Gase

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Hes had 2 drafts, he hasnt had close to 4 seasons.  

The Jets were a bad striped down team that Gase actually almost turned into a 0 win team.  

The Jets as assembled were in no way were a 0 win team, thats on Gase

He's been employed by the Jets since June 2019.  That's 3 months before the 2019 season started, that included the disasterous signings of Kerre Vedvik and Ryan Kallil, and the disasterous trade of Leonard Williams, you know, the All Pro New York Giant. 

"But but but he wasn't really there!" says you.  "Nice try." says me.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is no conspiracy here, no agenda.

Geniuses told me I was an idiot and a blind squirrel could have led the Jets to a 6-2 finish with that cupcake 2019 schedule.

Well, it's baaack.  The 2021 schedule is easy, we have a much better roster, we have a fresh new quarterback, and we have the hottest young HC/DC/OC combo in the NFL.

Why are you so afraid to say that 8 wins is a mandate?  In the context of what the Worst HC In The NFL was able to achieve in 2019 with a worse roster and a worse staff and a worse QB this should be a no brainer, you should be printing t-shirts, you should be flying planes,  you should be buying billboards.

SAR I

8 wins isnt a mandate.   Am I afraid? Are you a child?  Who would be afraid?  Of what?  I can never be 5-0 wrong.  I could never be 6-2 proves Gase is a good HC wrong.  I could never be as wrong as claiming Gase was the king or whatever of Florham Park.  I could never be Gase will never get fired wrong.

This staff will coach better, the team will be better coached.  Doesnt mean its judged by win totals.  It will be judged by what smart people see on the field.  Thats just you wanting to compare the wins totals to 2019 so you can continue the troll show

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

He's been employed by the Jets since June 2019.  That's 3 months before the 2019 season started, that included the disasterous signings of Kerre Vedvik and Ryan Kallil, and the disasterous trade of Leonard Williams, you know, the All Pro New York Giant. 

"But but but he wasn't really there!" says you.  "Nice try." says me.

SAR I

LOL, disastrous trade of Williams.   You know, who wasnt close to a All Pro here or with the Giants before last season.  

Lets count, one at a time.

1. 2019.  

2. 2020.

3.  2021, a season that hasnt happened yet.  

4 years.  lol

If you really want to talk football, when did he sign Vedvik and Ryan Kallil and why?   Because the K he inherited quit on the eve of the season, thats his fault?  And did Kallil hurt the team?  Really, how?  

But here's what you dont explain, JD was the GM who put together the team that went 6-2 against dreck.  The team that didnt have LW, that had Kallil.  Then he added talent to the 2020 team and Gase isnt to blame for 2-14 against a real, not hard, schedule.

It wasnt the schedule and injuries on the way to 6-2 he says.  No one agrees, no one 

The Jets were tanking for a Quarterback in 2020 and Gase did a good job at tanking. They got to draft their Quarterback and improve the offensive line. The wins against the Rams and Browns plus the beginning at New England showed what the 2020 Jets could do if they were not tanking. Douglas was able sell this to Saleh, that The Jets were tanking not a dumpster fire. The results of the 2020 season drafted four players to improve the offense and hire Saleh. The coming seasons will show how effective the 2020 season has been at improving this team.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Clueless coaching.  Hahahahaha.

Brilliant!

"Robert Saleh is undefeated and has a catch phrase!  Did you see him at the Knicks game?  He's awesome, oh baby!"

"Robert Saleh should be expected to win 8 games this year."

"What????  Are you insane????  Listen Gase lover, 4-13 is progress."

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"Robert Saleh is undefeated and has a catch phrase!  Did you see him at the Knicks game?  He's awesome, oh baby!"

"Robert Saleh should be expected to win 8 games this year."

"What????  Are you insane????  Listen Gase lover, 4-13 is progress."

SAR I

The Jets will win btwn 7-9 games this year.  This is going to be a fun and exciting team to watch.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I would actually agree with this if we didn’t have a rookie QB.  

There is a ton of potential on this roster.  They should be playoff team next year and that need to be an expectation next year. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I would actually agree with this if we didn’t have a rookie QB.  
There is a ton of potential on this roster.  They should be playoff team next year and that need to be an expectation next year. 

Justin Herbert was not supposed to be the next Mahomes.  He did not have a good coaching staff.  He had a hard schedule.

Just saying our expectations for Zach Wilson aren't too aggressive at 8 wins with a modern coaching staff and an easy schedule either.  This isn't Year 2 of the rebuild.  It's Year 5.  Maccagnan started it, Douglas finished it, it's go time.

SAR I

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Justin Herbert was not supposed to be the next Mahomes.  He did not have a good coaching staff.  He had a hard schedule.

Just saying our expectations for Zach Wilson aren't too aggressive at 8 wins with a modern coaching staff and an easy schedule either.  This isn't Year 2 of the rebuild.  It's Year 5.  Maccagnan started it, Douglas finished it, it's go time.

SAR I

I’m sorry. I didn’t realize The Chargers went to the playoffs and had a winning record. My fault.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

And there you go, on your way to giving Joe Douglas a free pass for 4 years when you only gave Adam Gase 4 games.

Joe Douglas was given the biggest gift any NFL has ever been given-  11 full months to prepare for his first draft, 10 full months to get ready for his first free agency period, and all he did was take a 7 win Maccagnan roster down to a 2 win joke.  And then he cut his coaching staff loose.  And then he threw his quarterback under the bus.

Joe Douglas is the new Rex Ryan.  Just without the theatrics.

SAR I

Truth is you kill threads.  Always taking absurd points of view to get a rise but hijacking threads.  Comment on the OP - stop with your troll-genda

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1