Adam Gase’s Clueless Coaching Clouds Picture on Player Performance

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

Connor McGovern was not a Mac pick/signing

GVR was not a Mac pick/signing

Denzel Mims was not a Mac pick/signing

Ty Johnson was not a Mac pick/signing

But other than that, sure.  Spot on.

Damn you to hell, Adam Gase, for suppressing the greatness of two minimum wage street free agents

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Let’s not forget that Gase went 6-2 over the final eight with a much easier schedule but also lost to winless teams not once but twice. He was a terrible hire 

Gase was a terrible hire - I don't even think his biggest fans on here would argue with that at this point...

But, Mac was worse.  Adam Gase was saddled with a horrible roster and a GM that had no idea how to fix it.

He should have never been hired but no coach would have been able to succeed with that roster.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Gase was a terrible hire - I don't even think his biggest fans on here would argue with that at this point...

But, Mac was worse.  Adam Gase was saddled with a horrible roster and a GM that had no idea how to fix it.

He should have never been hired but no coach would have been able to succeed with that roster.

I’d only disagree with the idea that Gase was a terrible hire. I believe Gase was the right guy at the right time because the Johnsons needed a guy like him to explain how NFL teams need to be run, and that constantly funneling unending cash to Maccagnan wasn’t it. Gase leading to Douglas is fine, but there were also major investments made in the personnel dept—Hogan, Savage, etc—that the Johnson Jets normally would go cheap with. 

• Post of the Week 1

Wow!  What a thread.  Thanks to whoever started it.  Can the particulars define "real fan"?  I'm confused.

Also, where we going with this?  Are we setting expectations for Joe D or bitching about the abomination of the Johnson & Johnson ownership group?  Before, y'all attack this, I know J&J has nothing to do with the Jets.  Johnson & Jonson refers to the two dipsh*t brothers who own the team.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d only disagree with the idea that Gase was a terrible hire. I believe Gase was the right guy at the right time because the Johnsons needed a guy like him to explain how NFL teams need to be run, and that constantly funneling unending cash to Maccagnan wasn’t it. Gase leading to Douglas is fine, but there were also major investments made in the personnel dept—Hogan, Savage, etc—that the Johnson Jets normally would go cheap with. 

I can't buy it. 

I get your point I honestly do.  Your point seems to be saying some good came out that hire - and I don't disagree with that assessment.  But if we're talking about him being the choice - meaning "the hire" it was an awful decision.. 

An offensive coach, coming from the same division, whose offense got consistently worse each year that never finished in the top half of the league- and also alienated moar od his star players and publicly fought with his owner.  Hiring him, to me, was boggling.

Again, some organization good came out of it, but it doesn't change the fact that he should have never been hired....

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's certainly a fair take.  Gase never likes to use TE's for some reason, or at least doesn't use them effectively.  Mike Gesicki is thriving in Miami in a post-Gase world.

I do still think Herndon probably sucks but he should perform much better this year than he did the past 2.

The guy zoomed off a cliff in a golf cart into the Grand Canyon. Fore! Better times ahead for him. I think. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I’m sorry. I didn’t realize The Chargers went to the playoffs and had a winning record. My fault.  

I did not say the Jets need to make the playoffs or have a winning record.  8-9 is a non-playoff season and a losing record.  That is the expectation for Saleh and, by extension, for Wilson.

It's hardly a challenge.  Not sure why its so hard to agree to it.  Hell, in this thread alone we're hearing how last year's Jets "were capable of a much better record and Gase kept them from it".  We forget there were 3 stupid losses in the last 60 seconds, and Darnold missed 4 games too.

8 wins.  It's the expectation.  It's a layup.

SAR I

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Truth is you kill threads.  Always taking absurd points of view to get a rise but hijacking threads.  Comment on the OP - stop with your troll-genda

You're a Bills fan.  Your window is closed so I can see why you spend time here.

SAR I

3 hours ago, CSNY said:

Let’s not forget that Gase went 6-2 over the final eight with a much easier schedule but also lost to winless teams not once but twice. He was a terrible hire 

Yes!

So that makes Robert Saleh an excellent hire who, surely, is capable of 6-2 records in second halves of seasons.  I look forward to it in 2021.

SAR I

1 hour ago, jetophile said:

The guy zoomed off a cliff in a golf cart into the Grand Canyon. Fore! Better times ahead for him. I think. 

Has to be.  But he's still a Macc pick and the only picks he ever made that "worked out" were Quinnen Williams and Marcus Maye.  So in that light I will be keeping my expectations very low on him.

• Upvote 1

On 6/1/2021 at 8:34 AM, SAR I said:

Gase is a scapegoat.  Just like Sanchez.  Just like Carroll.  Jets fans just love 'em some scapegoat.

Joe Douglas' fingerprints were all over the 2020 Jets.  And we went from 7-9 to 2-14.  But, shhh, it was all Adam Gase's fault, don't you dare even mention that we had the same quarterback and same coaching staff, that they were the constants, that Douglas was the variable.  No no no, we're in good hands now.

SAR I

so did douglas tell gase to start frank gore over any of the younger guys?  maybe he was forced to in the sense that the other backs didn't learn how to pass protect but that just means running plays that protect the qb in other ways.  the frank gore line plunges just didn't amount to much of a run game.

gase is not a scapegoat.   i gave him credit because his plays were sound (the receivers were getting open) but there's so much more to coaching than x's and o's.

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Damn you to hell, Adam Gase, for suppressing the greatness of two minimum wage street free agents

Defend Gase all you like, but he'll always be (so I hope) the worst coach in franchise history.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, rangerous said:

so did douglas tell gase to start frank gore over any of the younger guys?  maybe he was forced to in the sense that the other backs didn't learn how to pass protect but that just means running plays that protect the qb in other ways.  the frank gore line plunges just didn't amount to much of a run game.

As Adam Gase not only supported Joe Douglas but came up with the recommendation and recruited him, it makes perfect sense that Douglas and Gase were partners in playing time decisions.  Christopher Johnson preaches collaboration and there is no reason to suspect otherwise.  The OL was a mess and Gore is one hell of a lockeroom leader too.

38 minutes ago, rangerous said:

gase is not a scapegoat. 

We'll have to disagree, but the Johnson's have a flaw in that they listen to the fans way, way too much and knee-jerk overreact to their foolish whims.  Ask anyone in the NFL, they'll tell you that Adam Gase was thrown into an impossible situation and handled it professionally and capably.  Great HC?  No.  But a good person for a messy rebuild?  Yes.

40 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i gave him credit because his plays were sound (the receivers were getting open) but there's so much more to coaching than x's and o's.

The Jets were universally believed to have the worst roster in the NFL last season.  You can't judge a coach on X's and O's when he's driving an Indy car with 2 wheels.

SAR I

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, SAR I said:

Views 2-14 and a subsequent blow up of the entire front office in less than 24 months as a "great job".

Wow.

SAR I

It was. He saw mediocrity and it wasn’t acceptable. He blew it up and went total rebuild. Very smart.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

It was. He saw mediocrity and it wasn’t acceptable. He blew it up and went total rebuild. Very smart.

Mike Maccagnan was given the same marching orders and did similarly back in 2017, 2018, and 2019.

My mother could trade Jamal Adams and Leonard Williams for a haul.  To date, Joe Douglas' free agent record is a "C" and his draft record is a "C" and he couldn't attract a veteran head coach either.  Not sure why anyone would be excited.  Oh, but draftniks, they are in heaven.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Adam Gase SUCKS 

That's not actually the point.  But watching you guys run around bringing him up every 10 minutes is rather comical.  Normally, when you're done with your girlfriend and show her the door she's the last thing you want to think or talk about.

Joe Douglas isn't very good.  That's what should be concerning you.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

That's not actually the point.  But watching you guys run around bringing him up every 10 minutes is rather comical. 

SAR I

Not quite as comical as whenever someone brings his name up and the stink he inflicted on the team as watching you come in like clockwork to defended him.  

Now thats comical

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mike Maccagnan was given the same marching orders and did similarly back in 2017, 2018, and 2019.

My mother could trade Jamal Adams and Leonard Williams for a haul.  To date, Joe Douglas' free agent record is a "C" and his draft record is a "C" and he couldn't attract a veteran head coach either.  Not sure why anyone would be excited.  Oh, but draftniks, they are in heaven.

SAR I

Give it up. Maccagnan was garbage, and now we have a GM who is kicking ass. You “same old Jets” fans can’t handle it.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's not actually the point.  But watching you guys run around bringing him up every 10 minutes is rather comical.  Normally, when you're done with your girlfriend and show her the door she's the last thing you want to think or talk about.

Joe Douglas isn't very good.  That's what should be concerning you.

SAR I

I wish the guys name was never mentioned again on this forum. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Not quite as comical as whenever someone brings his name up and the stink he inflicted on the team as watching you come in like clockwork to defended him.  

Now thats comical

I couldn't care less about Adam Gase.  He failed.

What I do care very much about is Robert Saleh.  What I find curious are all the Gase haters who swore he alone cost us 5 games last season and why they won't agree that Saleh should get 8 in a layup this season, what with the easy schedule and 9th home game.

SAR I

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Give it up. Maccagnan was garbage, and now we have a GM who is kicking ass. You “same old Jets” fans can’t handle it.

If "kicking ass" is taking a 7-9 team down to 2-14, my lord, what exactly would "sucking ass" look like?

Joe Douglas is great at punting our best players and penny pinching.  Doesn't sound like Brian Cashman to me.  Doesn't sound like Glen Sather to me.  But what do I know about playoff teams.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I wish the guys name was never mentioned again on this forum. 

Hear hear.

But they can't control themselves.  They broke up with the bad girlfriend but just can't stop talking about her.  They have a new girlfriend.  But they don't want to talk about her.  Curious.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I couldn't care less about Adam Gase.  He failed.

What I do care very much about is Robert Saleh.  What I find curious are all the Gase haters who swore he alone cost us 5 games last season and why they won't agree that Saleh should get 8 in a layup this season, what with the easy schedule and 9th home game.

SAR I

Sure you dont.  Just all those pesky posts where you defend him, argue for him, blame everyone else says differently.

Stop with the ridiculous idea that Saleh has to win a number you pulled out of you ass to prove himself.  There is 0 chance Saleh is on the same planet of ineptitude as your guy.

Lame when you already have the schedule easy and wins expected.  Your shtick is lame and trolling

• Upvote 1

On 6/1/2021 at 5:12 AM, T0mShane said:

Gase was actually holding back the hidden cache of secretly great Mike Maccagnan draft picks, for sure.

This is going to be Bill Parcells all over again after the Kotite debacle. Only difference is Saleh won't quit on us 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If "kicking ass" is taking a 7-9 team down to 2-14, my lord, what exactly would "sucking ass" look like?

Joe Douglas is great at punting our best players and penny pinching.  Doesn't sound like Brian Cashman to me.  Doesn't sound like Glen Sather to me.  But what do I know about playoff teams.

SAR I

Leo is long line of Jets that show up in a contract year, kinda glad we aren’t the ones paying him this time. I wonder if Seattle would make that trade today for our best player in Jamal. 

• Upvote 2