Morgan Moses visits Jets

49 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If they fall in love with a center like Linderbaum, who is a picture perfect fit for the wide zone scheme, then maybe he’s a possibility with the latter 1st rounder.

But they sure as hell aren’t drafting a RG on Day 1.

Yep. You don’t fill your RG in rd 1. It’s terrible value. It’s the reason a certain LT never made any sense here. Agree that C is another story (And likely if McG isn’t everything JD thinks he is) but you can fill RG later in the draft or through next years FA. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Honestly, I have no idea if Moses fits the system.  I do assume that if they brought him in for a sit down (Italian mafia inference) that he fits the system. 

Or Im wrong.  Again

That was my understanding as well, that Moses is more of a man-blocking puller/mauler than a zone fit. But no matter what we're not going to be zone blocking every snap; no one does.

It could also just be nothing more than JD kicking the tires in case he was a bargain. I'm not seeing anything about an offer being made. I don't know what Moses did on this "visit" -- if he was touring the practice facility or if he actually worked any drills (presumably just the former). But if nothing else I'm sure they left it with a "Have your agent call us right before signing with anyone; takes 2 min out of his day, and maybe we'll beat it or give more up front/earlier."

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Fant isn't good.

He is a bottom 5 starting RT....Any opportunity to replace him would be a great idea.

According to....? I’d say he’s average. We should look to upgrade but I wouldn’t be devastated if he starts next year. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah but isn’t the point to zone blocking quick having quicker athletic lineman. Now off course I’m a mass man myself but that’s what I hear about zone blocking, 

The only thing  you know about QUICK is eating JELLO.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DJF71 said:

Still one of the funniest shows ever. It would be canceled in today's culture.

I would say the majority of comedies today, wouldn't be aired back in the day because of references to sex and violence. 

It goes both ways lol

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah it’s like going to track and it’s like impossible to not pick a horse with a familiar name . It’s likely Joe Douglas has a gambling problem. I’ve seen this before. 

If that's the case I can see JD making a push for this guy... Fantasy Injury Update: Is Zach Ertz playing in Week 13 ...

• Haha 1

I really like the idea of this. I couldn't tell you with any confidence whether Moses or Fant would be better at RG, but I am nearly certain either would be better than GVR or Lewis. In the event that they aren't both are better options as swing tackle than Edoga, who is cuttable as far as I am concerned. We still have cap space. Spending on a CB or helping the right side of the OL would be a very nice finish to a solid offseason.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

The only thing  you know about QUICK is eating JELLO.

I have seen this movie at least 30 times.  The first time in the theater when I was 11.  I can pretty much recite both the regular and cut for TV versions.  I never noticed him doing the weird karaoke style dance while he runs out (@3:30) until just now.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I have seen this movie at least 30 times.  The first time in the theater when I was 11.  I can pretty much recite both the regular and cut for TV versions.  I never noticed him doing the weird karaoke style dance while he runs out (@3:30) until just now.  

NO EXCUSE. 

double.jpg

I like the line as presently constructed.  Obviously we could upgrade at RG but that will be done in round 1 of next years draft.
Fact that they let him out of the building to talk to other teams tells me the interesting isnt huge and he will probably play elsewhere.
But equally the fact that they had him in for a visit makes me think they are Interested.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

I don’t see the Jets using a first round pick to upgrade RG next year. Sure, they have four picks in the first two rounds and I expect one of them to be used on the Oline, but probably a center or maybe RT. You should be able to find a talented RG in a later round. It is arguably the least premium position of all 11 guys on offense. 
TE or CB

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app