Sam Darnold given 100:1 odds to win MVP (per VegasInsider.com)

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/carolina-panthers-mccaffrey-darnold-given-mvp-odds

McCaffrey, Darnold Given MVP Odds

Could a Panther win the NFL MVP award in 2021?
SCHUYLER CALLIHAN
4 HOURS AGO

The Carolina Panthers offense is expected to be one of the most explosive units in the entire league in 2021 headlined by running back Christian McCaffrey and new starting quarterback Sam Darnold. 

The Panthers didn't have the ability to throw the ball downfield with a lot of success last season which is why they went out and traded for Darnold. No, he hasn't seen much success in the NFL but he has a great supporting cast and a strong coaching staff to help develop him. 

Although Mike Davis filled in nicely as the team's starting running back for 13 games in 2020, the coaching staff will be excited to have McCaffrey back and fully healthy. Just two years ago McCaffrey became the third ever player to go over the 1,000-yard mark in both rushing and receiving in the same season. Recently, McCaffrey told reporters that he is "back to 100% and ready to roll" for the 2021 season.

It might be a long shot for Darnold to win or even be in contention for the NFL's MVP award this year but he has been given 100/1 odds or (+10000) according to VegasInsider.com. Meanwhile, Christian McCaffrey has significantly better odds at 50/1 or (+5000).

The Panthers haven't had an MVP since Cam Newton won the award in 2015.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Panthers didn't have the ability to throw the ball downfield with a lot of success last season which is why they went out and traded for Darnold.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Serious The Four GIF by Diddy

2019 Deep Ball accuracy rank:

31. SAM DARNOLD, NEW YORK JETS

29.4% completion percentage, 9.8 yards per attempt, 75.9 Passer Rating

Despite having one of the league’s best deep threats in wideout Robby Anderson, Darnold was inefficient throwing deep, completing just 15 of his 51 deep shots in 2019.

2020 IAY and ontarget%.

Player OnTgt% IAY
Kirk Cousins 81.3% 8.0
Aaron Rodgers 81.2% 7.9
Drew Brees 80.8% 6.1
Teddy Bridgewater 80.5% 7.1
Deshaun Watson 80.3% 8.9
Ryan Fitzpatrick 79.9% 7.8
Russell Wilson 79.5% 8.6
Josh Allen 79.1% 8.5
Derek Carr 78.9% 8.1
Jared Goff 78.5% 6.2
Andy Dalton 78.4% 6.8
Matthew Stafford 77.6% 8.7
Ryan Tannehill 77.3% 8.4
Philip Rivers 77.2% 7.2
Kyler Murray 77.1% 7.8
Patrick Mahomes 76.9% 8.4
Gardner Minshew II 76.5% 7.8
Justin Herbert 76.5% 7.4
Ben Roethlisberger 76.4% 6.9
Alex Smith 76.3% 5.1
Nick Foles 76.3% 8.0
Mitchell Trubisky 75.8% 7.8
Matt Ryan 75.5% 8.5
Joe Burrow 75.3% 8.5
Lamar Jackson 75.3% 8.6
Nick Mullens 75.3% 6.3
Daniel Jones 75.2% 7.1
Baker Mayfield 74.8% 8.5
Cam Newton 74.6% 6.8
Tua Tagovailoa 74.1% 7.5
Tom Brady 73.9% 9.1
Sam Darnold 71.8% 7.7
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Carolina Panthers offense is expected to be one of the most explosive units in the entire league in 2021 headlined by running back Christian McCaffrey and new starting quarterback Sam Darnold. 

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I don't partake in gambling. Are those good odds?

I assume not, because, well, Darnold.

If you gamble a dollar you will lose that dollar.

If you gamble $1,000 you will lose that $1,000.

No odds would ever be good enough to ever bet on Sam Darnold.  It could be 100,000:1 and I still wouldn't bet $1 on Darnold.

For a reference point, the Bengals are currently 100:1 odds to win the Super Bowl.  With an impressive young QB like Joe Burrow under center (even one recovering from an ACL injury) you take that bet over Darnold winning MVP any day of the week.

Darnold also currently has the same MVP odds as the following players:

• Ben Roethlisberger
  • Saquon Barkley
  • Alvin Kamara
  • Nick Chubb

I get that the MVP is almost always a QB award, but I would still easily bet on those RBs + Roethlisberger before betting on Darnold.

Justin Fields and Trey Lance are also both currently 100:1 to win the MVP.  @JiFapono

Zach Wilson is 150:1.

• Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 2

I'd actually put a few bucks on him winning comeback player of the year.  I suspect Rhule and Brady aren't brain dead, so there should be some significant improvement.

• Upvote 2

I created a thread last year. 

About QBs throughout the previous 20 years.

Who finished dead last in QB Rating (during their respected seasons of 2000-2019). 

And I'll tell you what...

That list was Freddy Krueger; it was scary to say the least. 

(And Sam Darnold was one of them). 

The likes of Ryan Leaf and Carr were on them. So was sh*tztragic. Etc. 

It was worse than that. Sam wasn't 2020's dead last rated QB in QB Rating.

He was like 44th-46th overall. 

Meaning that backups outplayed him..

Gase or no Gase. 

You can't physically and mentally recover from that into an immediate MVP the following season after 3 crap seasons. Not possible. 

I wish I had 10,000,000 right now. 

I'd place the bet. 

And get free ?

I guess this is how the Rich, stay rich. They make millions of dollars lock bets like NO to Sam 2021 MVP. 

Same guys?

Probably bet millions on all 50 Floyd fights (I know 50 Cent and Justin Bieber both did). 

• Upvote 1

JN should all chip together.

Put our life savings on the line.

Put our houses and car titles on the line.

All 1,000 of us (from over the years).

Heck. Even have both TGG and JI (the 6 bots still alive) join the party too. 

I'll go to RealGM and get those NY Knicks fans in on the bet. 

Any Yankee websites with crazy traffic? I don't know, I know the Rays board has 10 fans and I'm not one of them. 

Let's make a goal of 5,000 people. 

And let's split the profit. 

100/1. 

Sam isn't winning the MVP. 

I hope one of you Jets fans have like $20,000,000 to put on this bet in order to sweeten the pot for the rest of us honest hard workers (I promise, you won't LOSE anything).

Guaranteed Lock ??

Ok I kid. I kid. Don't wanna get in trouble for a gambling ring. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/carolina-panthers-mccaffrey-darnold-given-mvp-odds

McCaffrey, Darnold Given MVP Odds

Could a Panther win the NFL MVP award in 2021?
SCHUYLER CALLIHAN
4 HOURS AGO

The Panthers didn't have the ability to throw the ball downfield with a lot of success last season which is why they went out and traded for Darnold. No, he hasn't seen much success in the NFL but he has a great supporting cast and a strong coaching staff to help develop him. 

Although Mike Davis filled in nicely as the team's starting running back for 13 games in 2020, the coaching staff will be excited to have McCaffrey back and fully healthy. Just two years ago McCaffrey became the third ever player to go over the 1,000-yard mark in both rushing and receiving in the same season. Recently, McCaffrey told reporters that he is "back to 100% and ready to roll" for the 2021 season.

It might be a long shot for Darnold to win or even be in contention for the NFL's MVP award this year but he has been given 100/1 odds or (+10000) according to VegasInsider.com. Meanwhile, Christian McCaffrey has significantly better odds at 50/1 or (+5000).

The Panthers haven't had an MVP since Cam Newton won the award in 2015.

A fine example of small town homer reporting.

No odds would ever be good enough to ever bet on Sam Darnold.  It could be 100,000:1 and I still wouldn't bet $1 on Darnold.

For a reference point, the Bengals are currently 100:1 odds to win the Super Bowl.  With an impressive young QB like Joe Burrow under center (even one recovering from an ACL injury) you take that bet over Darnold winning MVP any day of the week.

• Ben Roethlisberger
  • Saquon Barkley
  • Alvin Kamara
  • Nick Chubb

I get that the MVP is almost always a QB award, but I would still easily bet on those RBs + Roethlisberger before betting on Darnold.

Justin Fields and Trey Lance are also both currently 100:1 to win the MVP.  @JiFapono

R854c780e451938ac2da7482b97d034fe?rik=Fr

• Haha 3

• Ben Roethlisberger
  • Saquon Barkley
  • Alvin Kamara
  • Nick Chubb

Again any non-Jet gets non-Jet credit. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Again any non-Jet gets non-Jet credit. 

The Jets have been so poorly run for so long, any move they make, even one that is objectively a smart decision, is called dumb.  

Panthers fans hated the Darnold trade and yet its the Jets who get sole focus for the trade.  They could have traded him to any franchise for seven 1st round picks and people would still have been like "lol what are the Jets doing."

It's well-deserved, of course.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Ben Roethlisberger
  • Saquon Barkley
  • Alvin Kamara
  • Nick Chubb

They have to tease Jets fans more.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

that's a pretty good idea actually, I'll probably do it if the odds are there.

mvp odds are trash though. 

According to DraftKings, Dak Prescott is the overwhelming favorite, followed by Joe Burrow, Saquon Barkley, Christian McCaffery, Nick Bosa and Carson Wentz.  Then, after a sizable gap, you find Sam Darnold, Von Miller and Derwin James tied for the same odds:

comeback.webp,

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

According to DraftKings, Dak Prescott is the overwhelming favorite, followed by Joe Burrow, Saquon Barkley, Christian McCaffery, Nick Bosa and Carson Wentz.  Then, after a sizable gap, you find Sam Darnold, Von Miller and Derwin James tied for the same odds:

comeback.webp,

^^^ Meanwhile, CJ Mosley would be a fun bet to lay a few bucks on at +10000.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

comeback.webp,

Makes sense. I'll probably drop a little on Darnold there. Tebow is pretty much a lock though.

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Ben Roethlisberger
  • Saquon Barkley
  • Alvin Kamara
  • Nick Chubb

Fields and Lance are not the QB's of the NY Jets, therefore, this means nothing to me.   They can crash and burn for all I care.  I'm ride or die with Zach Wilson.  And that said, I dont need an MVP season from Zachapono.  I need a; I belong and the Jets arent the stupid morons who passed on significantly better players like they always do type of season from Zachapono. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Meanwhile, CJ Mosley would be a fun bet to lay a few bucks on at +10000.

Hell yes it would be a fun bet.

image.thumb.png.b5e1a5557ba03a773ada75e94d81e7d1.png

Because if the All-Pro returns?

Still only 28 years of age?

Hungry as ever? 

Focused?

And ready to run thru brick walls for Saleh his new coach?

The same All Pro of a leader who returned an INT Pick-6 to the house during his first ever Jets game for a TD vs. Josh Allen and Buffalo? 

Well then all of the stars could align for CJ Mosley and the Jets (and for us Jet fan gamblers) to earn comeback player of the year. 

My 3 X-Factors on why I want to lay something down...

1.) Robert Saleh. We were frustrated with Mosley sitting out under Gase. But it might've been a 2021 blessing in disguise. Coming back healthy. Rejuvenated. And under Robert Saleh. 

2.) Carl Lawson and Quinnen William. A pure 4-3 DE of a pass rusher and an absolute monster in the trenches and the closest thing to Aaron Donald out there. And now in an aggressive 4-3 DL scheme is where he truly belongs. He's going to feast. And CJ Mosley will be Middle Linebacking behind these guys. 

3.) The NY media. CJ Mosley emerges as an impactful MLB? Jet fans will go ape sh*t. The pressure will be on the writers to vote Mosley in.

You miss every shot you don't take...

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, AFJF said:

I'd actually put a few bucks on him winning comeback player of the year.  I suspect Rhule and Brady aren't brain dead, so there should be some significant improvement.

To be a comeback player of the year, don't you have to have some prior success to come back to? How would that work with Darnold?

• Haha 2