PFFs top 10 safeties, Maye > Jamal

1 minute ago, MindOverMatter said:

Good point they definitely should. But still Harrison, James, and potentially Maye would all be ranked higher.

James is interesting cause he’s playing like 21/48 games in his career, obviously PFF still thinks very highly of him 

14 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Good point they definitely should. But still Harrison, James, and potentially Maye would all be ranked higher.

Honestly, I dont pay enough attention to PPF, especially S rankings, to know what their criteria is. Maye and Adams are nowhere near the same type players, dont know how you use a number ranking system to compare them.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Marcus Maye

In a bit of off-season player grading, the folks over at PFF have shown quite a bit of love to Jets safety Marcus Maye in grading the top players at the position in the NFL.

The top-? safeties in the NFL, per @PFF_Sam

How do you think he did? ?⬇ pic.twitter.com/9r6uDeqhpR

— PFF (@PFF) June 1, 2021

Maye was named the 7th best safety in the league behind Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Marcus Williams, John Johnson, Harrison Smith and Justin Simmons.

Interestingly enough, Maye came in a couple of spots ahead of former teammate Jamal Adams who is listed as a safety, but who does his best work as an extra pass rusher up front.  In coverage, Adams leaves a bit to be desired.  In fact, through four pro seasons, Adams is still yet to pick up an interception while facing a starting NFL quarterback.

Meanwhile, Maye has six interceptions despite entering the league at the same time.  Currently signed to a one-year franchise deal, the Jets are reportedly looking to work out a long-term deal with Maye.

The post PFF Rates the Safeties; Maye Tops Former Teammate Adams appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/3QtdzO3nCOY

Click here to read the full story...

I hearken to two games last year where all the jet fans were marvelling at Harvey Langi for all the plays he was making out of no where and it was simply Gregg Williams playing him like Jamal is played, zero responsibility other than poaching the line of scrimmage.

• Upvote 3

Heck. 

If Marcus Maye can earn a Pro Bowl selection + 2021 1st-team All-Pro honors here in 2021?

I'll gladly take in return another two 1st round draft picks + a 3rd round draft pick (in exchange for a 4th) for the services of Marcus Maye ala "just a Safety".

So far we've turned Jamal Adams into Vera-Tucker (LG).

And with one more Seattle 1st round pick, I hope we also turn #33 into either Kayvon Thibodeaux (4-3 DE Pass Rusher) or Derek Stingley Jr. (Blue Chip CB prospect). 

With Marcus Maye? 

I'd love to flip him into one of either Evan Neal (OT, Alabama) in order to create a 1st round trio for Wilson in Becton (OT, 2020), Vera-Tucker (2021) and Evan Neal (2022) ala a Joe Douglas built offensive line. 

(Although a little too early to discuss 2023's 1st round pick in return for Maye). 

?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Heck. 

If Marcus Maye can earn a Pro Bowl selection + 2021 1st-team All-Pro honors here in 2021?

I'll gladly take in return another two 1st round draft picks + a 3rd round draft pick (in exchange for a 4th) for the services of Marcus Maye ala "just a Safety".

And with one more Seattle 1st round pick, I hope we also turn #33 into either Kayvon Thibodeaux (4-3 DE Pass Rusher) or Derek Stingley Jr. (Blue Chip CB prospect). 

With Marcus Maye? 

I'd love to flip him into one of either Evan Neal (OT, Alabama) in order to create a 1st round trio for Wilson in Becton (OT, 2020), Vera-Tucker (2021) and Evan Neal (2022) ala a Joe Douglas built offensive line. 

(Although a little too early to discuss 2023's 1st round pick in return for Maye). 

?

If he has a good season then franchise him again next year.  There is no way joe d is paying big money to an aging safety he didnt draft.  But ill sure as heck keep him here another year w/o a commitment.

Joe D is doing everything right.  Its really amazing.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Usually players mail it in after getting that first contract. Someone should Jamal that he was only traded and Seattle hasn’t extended him yet.

He already got paid by being picked 6th overall. He played what he was worth when he was here. No more no less. 

4 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

But but but... Jamal set the record for most sacks in a season for a safety!!!! And his dancing and bravado makes me feel all tingly down by my boxer shorts, that has to be worth at least the #6 spot.

Get checked for the clap.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

He already got paid by being picked 6th overall. He played what he was worth when he was here. No more no less. 

Not like he took his $ and ran into bust status.

Only 4 years in the league? 

Already 3 Pro Bowl Selections by the fans?

Already 3 All-Pro honors by the professional Sports writers?

But yet treated like Blair Thomas, Kyle Brady, Anthony Becht, Bryan Thomas, VERNON GHOLSTON, Kyle Wilson, Quinton Coples, Dee Milliner, Calvin Pryor (Louisville Slugger name despite playing, football), Darron Lee and Sam Darnold etc heck not even Sheldon Richardson could hold Adams jock-strap on the field (as a JET). 

But yet you're mocked by this fan base for not absolutely crapping on Jamal Adams. 

It's disgusting. 

Damn. I wish all of Jets draft picks turned out like Jamal Adams (on the Football field, that is) because if so? At the worst we'd have been flipping all 12 of those former 1st round picks into...

Absolute HAULS. 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Heck. 

With Marcus Maye? 

?

Marcus Maye couldn’t dream of marketing himself like Jamal. Except Jamal started to believe his own hype, forced himself out of town as well as a nice payday with the Jets,  so Jets  got a premium haul of picks for him and Jamal has yet to get paid. That in no way or no how lessens Marcus Mayes value to the Jets as a player, maybe as a circus  like attraction like Jamal , but certainly not a player. Jamal Adams is an overhyped box safety that literally brings nothing to a defense except clapping and sacks that are strictly a function of him free running to the QB. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Not like he took his $ and ran into bust status.

Only 4 years in the league? 

Already 3 Pro Bowl Selections by the fans?

Already 3 All-Pro honors by the professional Sports writers?

But yet treated like Blair Thomas, Kyle Brady, Anthony Becht, Bryan Thomas, VERNON GHOLSTON, Kyle Wilson, Quinton Coples, Dee Milliner, Calvin Pryor (Louisville Slugger name despite playing, football), Darron Lee and Sam Darnold etc heck not even Sheldon Richardson could hold Adams jock-strap on the field (as a JET). 

But yet you're mocked by this fan base for not absolutely crapping on Jamal Adams. 

It's disgusting. 

Damn. I wish all of Jets draft picks turned out like Jamal Adams (on the Football field, that is) because if so? At the worst we'd have been flipping all 12 of those former 1st round picks into...

Absolute HAULS. 

He’s popular and well marketed that’s it. Got everyone fooled. That’ll change soon. Announcers started working way too hard to think of nice things to say by end of season. 

• Upvote 4