PFFs top 10 safeties, Maye > Jamal

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Pretty much.. while it's nice to see him rated high, it's just going to help price him out of town. 

I'm cool with that.  He's 28 anyways.  Any new contract for him needs to be a 2-year deal, 3 years at most.  Letting him walk would be fine as well.  Shoot for a comp pick.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Here's the thing I love about Jamal. He has the potential to single handedly wreck Seattle's Season giving us a much higher first rounder. I seriously could see the Seahawks falling off the map this year.

It's already gotten so bad their future HOF QB wants out.  #TheJamalFactor

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's already gotten so bad their future HOF QB wants out.  #TheJamalFactor

Every year a team just falls off the map. With their cap issues, lack of both FA signings, FA losses and only 3 picks in the draft Seattle seems like a Prime candidate.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Every year a team just falls off the map. With their cap issues, lack of both FA signings, FA losses and only 3 picks in the draft Seattle seems like a Prime candidate.

Don't people say that every year?  Since WIlson got there they have had less than double digit wins exactly one time.  9-7 in 2017.  I hope we get a nice pick, but I'm not holding my breath

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Don't people say that every year?  Since WIlson got there they have had less than double digit wins exactly one time.  9-7 in 2017.  I hope we get a nice pick, but I'm not holding my breath

I'm banking on Wilson sitting out at least a few games with a questionable injury.  That's what disgruntled players do when the team they don't want to play for fails to trade him.

As long as Wilson is on the field, yes, they'll be a competitive team.  But they're not a lock playoff team this season, even with 7 playoff spots, like so many assume.  That roster has never been worse in the Wilson era than it is right now.

A mid-1st somewhere in the 16-18 range is what I'm predicting.

• Upvote 2

On 6/1/2021 at 7:27 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Not like he took his $ and ran into bust status.

Only 4 years in the league? 

Already 3 Pro Bowl Selections by the fans?

Already 3 All-Pro honors by the professional Sports writers?

But yet treated like Blair Thomas, Kyle Brady, Anthony Becht, Bryan Thomas, VERNON GHOLSTON, Kyle Wilson, Quinton Coples, Dee Milliner, Calvin Pryor (Louisville Slugger name despite playing, football), Darron Lee and Sam Darnold etc heck not even Sheldon Richardson could hold Adams jock-strap on the field (as a JET). 

But yet you're mocked by this fan base for not absolutely crapping on Jamal Adams. 

It's disgusting. 

Damn. I wish all of Jets draft picks turned out like Jamal Adams (on the Football field, that is) because if so? At the worst we'd have been flipping all 12 of those former 1st round picks into...

Absolute HAULS. 

Your reminder by a poster on here of the following Jamal Adams stats from the 2020 season:

• 0 INT's
  • 3 Passes Deflected
  • 59 Solo Tackles
  • 1 Forced Fumble
  • Completion % allowed:  78.3 (25th worst of any defensive player in the NFL)
  • Yards per target allowed:  9.5 (33rd worst)
  • QB Rating against:  106.3 (91st worst)

And keep in mind that his 9.5 sacks this season required 98 blitz attempts, 7th most in the NFL.  For comparison purposes, T.J. Watt blitzed 97 times, but got 15.0 Sacks.  Watt also had 1 INT and 7 Pass Deflections, plus 2 Forced Fumbles.

And unlike Watt, when Adams failed to get to the QB, he left the secondary position he was leaving exposed.  Hence a big reason why the Seattle defense allowed the 2nd most pass yards and tied for the most passing first downs allowed in the league this year.  

Two firsts and a 3rd, baby!  Pay that man his $18M per! 

Mike Drop.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

4 picks in top 50 next year. SWEET. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Agreed but one thing that changes that outlook is the Rams are now a team to compete with them for the division.  As is SF.  With Arizona much improved.  For most of their years all 3 of those teams were pushovers, now that’s one of the toughest divisions top to bottom. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Agreed but one thing that changes that outlook is the Rams are now a team to compete with them for the division.  As is SF.  With Arizona much improved.  For most of their years all 3 of those teams were pushovers, now that’s one of the toughest divisions top to bottom. 

The went 12-4 last year.  You think that highly of Stafford?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

For one, yes I think that highly of Stafford.  

But SF, LA and AZ are now all capable of beating them, that hasnt been the case for any of Wilsons years in Seattle, not all 3 in the same year.  

Not saying theyre a bad team, Wilson is too good but they wont have the number of easy wins they've had within the division as they've had before

56 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Not a chance the Seahawks repeat a 12-win season this year, and the Rams won 10 with Goff throwing for just 7.2 YPA.  Yes, Rams fans should be quite confident in their team this year.  Seattle is staring at a Wild Card at best.

On 6/1/2021 at 5:46 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course Maye was better.  Jamal Adams gave up 9.1 yards per target.  50th worst in the NFL.  Maye only allowed 6.2 yards per target, 56th BEST in the league.  And despite Adams playing in the box/blitzing so often, he had less Forced Fumbles (1) than Maye did (2).  Maye also had 2 INTs and 11 PD's to Adams' 0 INT's and 3 PDs.

The only thing Adams had on Maye last season was a bunch of empty sacks.  Sacks which required 98 blitz attempts to accumulate.  Maye had just 2 sacks, but it only required 23 blitz attempts to get them.  That's a pretty close ratio (Maye got a sack on 8.7 % of blitz attempts, Adams on 9.7 %).  I bet if Maye was asked to blitz as often as Adams did (because Adams literally can't do anything else well), Maye would have ended up with 8 or 9 sacks.  

Jamal Adams sucks.  

And Maye does it all without the constant talking and the me, me me attitude. Thank god for for Seattle's bad decision making!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DonCorleone said:

And Maye does it all without the constant talking and the me, me me attitude. Thank god for for Seattle's bad decision making!

He may get upset if we don't give him a long-term deal but I doubt he'll pull anything close to what Adams did.  A former 2nd round pick on a franchise tag isn't a bad deal.  A really good season and he can parlay that into a decent contract here or elsewhere.  

And in Saleh's scheme, I do anticipate he'll have a very good season.  Several INT's coming his way in 2021.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He may get upset if we don't give him a long-term deal but I doubt he'll pull anything close to what Adams did.  A former 2nd round pick on a franchise tag isn't a bad deal.  A really good season and he can parlay that into a decent contract here or elsewhere.  

And in Saleh's scheme, I do anticipate he'll have a very good season.  Several INT's coming his way in 2021.

I agree with you.

• Upvote 1

Jamal Adams: 25 years of age. 

1x All Rookie team. 

3x Pro Bowler. 

3x All-Pro. 

356 tackles. 

39 tackles for loss. 

37 QB hits. 

28 passes defended. 

21.5 sacks. 

7 fumbles forced. 

4 fumble recoveries. 

2 INTs. 

2 Defensive TDs. 

6 games missed due to injury. 

Vs. 

Marcus Maye: 28 years old

0 x All Rookie team. 

0x Pro Bowler.

0x All Pro. 

266 tackles. 

5 tackles for loss. 

2 QB hits. 

22 passes defended.

2.5 sacks. 

4 forced fumbles. 

1 fumble recovery. 

6 INTs. 

0 Defensive TDs. 

10 games missed due to injuries. 

Etc. Etc. 

Wow. A Free Safety and supposed to be "ball hawk" in Maye has a whopping 4 more INTs than a "Box Safety/LB"; which is absolutely pathetic. 

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Jamal Adams: 25 years of age. 

1x All Rookie team. 

3x Pro Bowler. 

3x All-Pro. 

356 tackles. 

39 tackles for loss. 

37 QB hits. 

28 passes defended. 

21.5 sacks. 

7 fumbles forced. 

4 fumble recoveries. 

2 INTs. 

2 Defensive TDs. 

6 games missed due to injury. 

Vs. 

Marcus Maye: 28 years old

0 x All Rookie team. 

0x Pro Bowler.

0x All Pro. 

266 tackles. 

5 tackles for loss. 

2 QB hits. 

22 passes defended.

2.5 sacks. 

4 forced fumbles. 

1 fumble recovery. 

6 INTs. 

0 Defensive TDs. 

10 games missed due to injuries. 

Etc. Etc. 

Wow. A Free Safety and supposed to be "ball hawk" in Maye has a whopping 4 more INTs than a "Box Safety/LB"; which is absolutely pathetic. 

Maye was better than Adams in 2020.  No one argued he's the better overall player with the better overall career.  Because that isn't the point.  

Adams is seeking $18M+ per season.  Maye will likely fall in the $12-14M per year range, if Douglas decides to extend him.  

Adams cost the Seahawks games last season, including playing a significant role in the Seattle playoff loss, with his awful, near bottom of the league pass coverage.  Maye may not have won the Jets any games last year, but he didn't lose any games either.  

Adams is the one who people like you are calling a lock HOFer.  A lock HOFer shouldn't even be in a debate against Marcus Maye, and certainly shouldn't be outperformed by him for a full season.

You suck, and so does Jamal Adams.  

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maye was better than Adams in 2020.  No one argued he's the better overall player with the better overall career.  Because that isn't the point.  

Adams is seeking $18M+ per season.  Maye will likely fall in the $12-14M per year range, if Douglas decides to extend him.  

Adams cost the Seahawks games last season, including playing a significant role in the Seattle playoff loss, with his awful, near bottom of the league pass coverage.  Maye may not have won the Jets any games last year, but he didn't lose any games either.  

Adams is the one who people like you are calling a lock HOFer.  A lock HOFer shouldn't even be in a debate against Marcus Maye, and certainly shouldn't be outperformed by him for a full season.

You suck, and so does Jamal Adams.  

Care to talk about any of the other 5-6 players who stunk in pass coverage for Seattle, last season? 

Or do all of you (all of a sudden) Seattle know-it-all's only blame Seatless 2020 pass Defense on, "Jamal Adams"?

Please.

Stop acting and pretending as if Jamal Adams (in only year #1 in Seattle) inherited some type of an awesome Seattle secondary... Because he didn't. 

2019 Seattle (the season before Jamal): 27th in passing yards allowed (4,223). 

And if you're to blame "Jamal Adams" for Seattle's nightmare secondary just, last year?

Well, then; two can play this game. 

You can just as easily blame Marcus Maye for our 2020 Jets Defense, now can't we?

• 30th in secondary missed tackles (Seattle? 5th). 

• 29th in QB Rating Against (Seattle? 11th). 

• 28th in passing yards allowed.

• 28th in passing TDS allowed (Seattle? 11th). 

• 28th in 1st down completions allowed (Seattle? 26th). 

• 28th in pass completions allowed. 

• 27th in yards after catch allowed (Seattle? 19th). 

• 26th in INTs forced (Seattle? 13th). 

• 26th in Defend points allowed (Seattle? 15th). 

• 25th in penalties (Seattle? 20th). 

• 24th in overall yards allowed (Seattle? 20th). 

• 22nd in QB pressures forced (Seattle? 3rd). 

• 21st in Defensive Sacks (Seattle? 7th). 

Etc. Etc.

So now it's all Marcus Maye's fault, because he's the supposed best Secondary players on our Defense, right?

See how that works?

Two can play that simple game.

Sorry JN.

I'm just trying to judge the safety positions the same exact way that a handful of Jets fans have taught me to do so (all #33's fault).

And you know what's sad?

Seattle's Defense was much better than NYJs within just about each and every one of these statistical categories (above). 

But yet Jet fans have the nerve to point the finger @ Jamal Adams after, even after our Defense completely fell off a cliff, without him? 

Only clueless Jets fan believe NYs defense with Maye was better than Seattle's Defense with Jamal. 

It's pretty pathetic when your 2nd round FREE SAFETY who's a supposed to be BALL HAWK has only recorded 4 seasons of 2, 1, 1 and 2 INTs throughout his 4 year career with a Grand Total of a WHOPPING 6 INT's (only 1.5 per). And for a FREE SAFETY? That's disgusting (and downright EMBARRASSING). 

2020 Jets Defense ='s all Marcus Maye's fault (just as the clueless one's blamed Jamal for Seattle's). 

Anyone care to compare statistical and Defensive team rankins from 2019 (with Jamal) in comparison to 2020 (without Jamal)?

The irony of all this is that, I love the trade and Adams haul from JD. 

I said from day one. Hell no to #17 overall from Dallas. 

I always mentioned Adams trade value would be at least two 1st round picks and maybe more. 

Fans laughed @ me while letting me know BOX Safety couldn't even fetch a Bone. 

Then bang. 

2 first round picks and a 3rd (in exchange for a 4th). 

• Vera-Tucker. That's one player for Jamal. 

• And hopefully Seattle stinks and we'll get a Franchise 4-3 Pass rushing DE for the first time since #94. Or a blue chip talent of a true #1 outside CB hopeful. And/or a dynamic 1st round type of true #1 outside WR for the first time since Keyshawn; to join the ranks of Mims, Davis and Elijah (for Zach Wilson) etc. 

You see. If not for Jamal's pro bowl and all pro and all rookie team honors JD or no JD we wouldn't have Vera-Tucker next to Becton right now or any hope of another exciting 2022 1st round prospect of Seattle's. 

Thank you Jamal. For playing hard. 

Thank you Douglas. For knowing his worth and trade value. 

Trust me. If JD could trade Maye, a Macc leftover and receive A+ value? He would. But regardless of what PFF says, he can't.