Jets 6/2 OTAs are open to the media.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s really unbelievable.

Becton is soft because the team is likely holding him out with a minor injury...in May-June OTAs.

Got it.

Not only that, the dude had a mediocre rookie season and Twitter is responsible for everyone being so high on Mekhi Becton going into year 2.

Peak JN.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

i'm more curious about mims. 

It’s probably the same thing.  There’s no team in the entire league that is going to push their guys 125% in OTAs.  The second you tell the team “oh I felt a little tickle here today” you’re all but guaranteed to be sitting out for a bit.  Especially if you are a vital starter.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Not only that, the dude had a mediocre rookie season and Twitter is responsible for everyone being so high on Mekhi Becton going into year 2.

Peak JN.

Get Out Reaction GIF by Get Out Movie

Mood AF.

• Haha 2

I can't speak for an NFL team, but I did have first hand access to D1 spring practice for several years.  I think fans would be shocked at some of the "injuries" players were held out for even at that level.  I couldn't tell you how many times someone missed a spring practice(college equivalent to these OTAs) for DOMS from a particularly hard weight session.  Anything that could not be cured via warmup and stretching, they probably aren't going that day.  

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

LOL he shut down some of the best pass rushers in the game including Aaron Donald.

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I can't speak for an NFL team, but I did have first hand access to D1 spring practice for several years.  I think fans would be shocked at some of the "injuries" players were held out for even at that level.  I couldn't tell you how many times someone missed a spring practice(college equivalent to these OTAs) for DOMS from a particularly hard weight session.  Anything that could not be cured via warmup and stretching, they probably aren't going that day.  

Becton was taking himself out of real games constantly. Mims barely played. The constant excuse making for younger players on a team that’s always bad is getting old. Like get on the field. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Becton was there at the start of last week.  Jets posted photos to their website that included Becton from the early part of the week, which might suggest he is dealing iwth injury or some other type of excused absence.

possibly working with his trainer Duke Manyweather too, I know he likes to spend as much time with him as possible, and they did a great job getting him to drop weight a few years ago.