Jets 6/2 OTAs are open to the media.

Just now, Lith said:

Becton was there at the start of last week.  Jets posted photos to their website that included Becton from the early part of the week, which might suggest he is dealing iwth injury or some other type of excused absence.

I thought I remembered hearing that he had "personal reasons" for missing one last week.  Sure hope it's not an injury.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Might not be wise for Crowder, if the Jets are on the fence to cutting him to open things up for Moore and to save some money.

Or maybe he thinks it is wise because he sees the writing on the wall that Moore is here to replace him ??‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Becton was there all last week as you can see in the very popular team pictures with AVT that went viral on Twitter. It’s OTA’s. This is totally acceptable and not something to get bent out of shape about. 

as the king of overreaction, I can promise you, this isn’t the end of world. He isn’t holding out of training camp. It could be as simple as family business. He doesn’t have to show up every day when it’s voluntary. Gettin some work in and handling business off the field is totally acceptable.

He’s hurt dude. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I don't think they should cut him but it is certainly possible.

Davis/Mims/Moore/Cole would all have to look great in camp for the Jets to move Crowder. For now, only Davis is a proven NFL starting caliber WR. Obviously if Mims and Moore look amazing, Davis looks like Davis did last year and Cole continues to impress in camp then Crowder could see himself on the move. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Becton was there all last week as you can see in the very popular team pictures with AVT that went viral on Twitter. It’s OTA’s. This is totally acceptable and not something to get bent out of shape about. 

as the king of overreaction, I can promise you, this isn’t the end of world. He isn’t holding out of training camp. It could be as simple as family business. He doesn’t have to show up every day when it’s voluntary. Gettin some work in and handling business off the field is totally acceptable.

The injury thing with Becton is a legit concern after he struggled to stay on the field last year.  That said, it is June, OTAs are voluntary, he was there last week, and we have no idea why he is not there. 

If he struggles with injuries in July and August, I will get worried.  Not gonna sweat it right now.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

The injury thing with Becton is a legit concern after he struggled to stay on the field last year.  That said, it is June, OTAs are voluntary, he was there last week, and we have no idea why he is not there. 

If he struggle with injuries in July and August, I will get worried.  Not gonna sweat it right now.

I still think much of Becton and Mims time off the field last year was a product of being overly cautious with young players in a lost year. JD knew from day 1 the team was going to be awful so any sign of injury lead to these guys missing time. 

If he starts missing regular season games this year THEN  I will start to get nervous. Same with Mims. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

If he struggles with injuries in July and August, I will get worried.  Not gonna sweat it right now.

Could be injured and it’s barely anything. No need to push themselves at this time. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Baby poop soft. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I still think much of Becton and Mims time off the field last year was a product of being overly cautious with young players in a lost year. JD knew from day 1 the team was going to be awful so any sign of injury lead to these guys missing time. 

If he starts missing regular season games this year THEN  I will start to get nervous. Same with Mims. 

I will blame everything on Gase until proven otherwise. I would have gone on the IR w/a hangnail if I had to play for that derp.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

Baby poop soft. 

He had a mediocre rookie season while getting press from Twitter as if he were Walter Jones. The fanbase didn’t do him any favors blowing him up like they did. I don’t get the impression football is his favorite thing to do. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

He had a mediocre rookie season while getting press from Twitter as if he were Walter Jones. The fanbase didn’t do him any favors blowing him up like they did. I don’t get the impression football is his favorite thing to do. 

He was not mediocre.  What favors do you do by underselling him?  Probably the same amount of favors fans did by getting excited about him 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He was not mediocre.  What favors do you do by underselling him?  Probably the same amount of favors fans did by getting excited about him 

I felt he was mediocre, coupled with him constantly taking himself out of games. 

Even so, making the guy work for things before we put him in the ROH is a general solid rule IMO. Showing up for practice would be a start.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Baby poop soft. 

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This place better never shame me for my own overreactions ever again. This is wild stuff i’m reading.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I felt he was mediocre, coupled with him constantly taking himself out of games. 

Even so, making the guy work for things before we put him in the ROH is a general solid rule IMO. Showing up for practice would be a start.

he did reasonably well for a rookie LT on a really crappy team with no real coaching and a terrible qb and rb.  we don't know how much the pandemic limited his conditioning.  not a good start this year though.

• Upvote 2