Jets 6/2 OTAs are open to the media.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Becton was taking himself out of real games constantly. Mims barely played. The constant excuse making for younger players on a team that’s always bad is getting old. Like get on the field. 

Okay nice now make an excuse for shutting down a handful of the best pass rushers the game has to offer. 

Immediately replying to our posts by saying “he took himself out of games” instead of challenging the very valid points that he played impressively in his rookie season just feels lazy & like you’re dodging the counter argument.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Okay nice now make an excuse for shutting down a handful of the best pass rushers the game has to offer. 

Immediately replying to our posts by saying “he took himself out of games” instead of challenging the very valid points that he played impressively in his rookie season just feels lazy & like you’re dodging the counter argument.

He had impressive spurts. Tackles are supposed to play every down. Thats why they took him as high as they did.

Wirfs started 20 games. There’s your benchmark. Or go back to Brick too. Expect these guys to play, play banged up, and help the team win

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

24 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I can't speak for an NFL team, but I did have first hand access to D1 spring practice for several years.  I think fans would be shocked at some of the "injuries" players were held out for even at that level.  I couldn't tell you how many times someone missed a spring practice(college equivalent to these OTAs) for DOMS from a particularly hard weight session.  Anything that could not be cured via warmup and stretching, they probably aren't going that day.  

The term has become dirty now due to basketball, but really its about load management.  Good physical preparation departments all communicate and work together as one cohesive unit (much like the jets are now set up as under their new athletic care and development center) and if a player is sore, tight, or coming off a session of increased physical activity, the team will say to down shift his training.  This is common, the idea is tied to the fact that all training, or physical preparation is represented to the athlete as trauma or stress to the central nervous system.  The plan being that teams need to coordinate efforts to keep athletes in optimal condition in every phase (emotionally, psychologically, physically, rehab wise) by managing stress to the CNS. So if a player is sore, that means they are not recovered and pushing towards max effort work that day could lead to significant injury. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He had impressive spurts. Tackles are supposed to play every down. Thats why they took him as high as they did.

Wirfs started 20 games. There’s your benchmark. Or go back to Brick too. Expect these guys to play, play banged up, and help the team win

I still think it’s a bit too early for this but whatevs.

• Upvote 3