Jets 6/2 OTAs are open to the media.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Y’all need to relax. It’s OTAs. I’m hearing Zach this. Zach that. Jets fans already calling him the GOAT. It’s June. Give it two more weeks before we start talking about the GOAT. For now, j

Took off from work for my birthday today.  Jets OTA's @ 11:00 A.M? ✓ NY Knicks Playoffs GM 5 @ 7:30 and @ home in MSG? ✓  Today is going to be an awesome day of NY Sports for me! 🙏

OTAs = Overreaction Time Again at JN

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Good stuff indeed.  But same way I am not going to overreact to a couple of guys missing a practice in June, I am also not going to overreact to some good plays in June.  Following the tweets is fun, nice to be able to talk football, but I need to see it on the field against a hostile "D" before I buy in all the way.

Abssssolutely.  We’re all just starved for action and for Zach to come out swinging?  I’m trying my best to be rational 😂.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s really unbelievable.

Becton is soft because the team is likely holding him out with a minor injury...in May-June OTAs.

Got it.

Agreed.  We don't even know if it's an injury.  People can be nuts around here.

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

wouldnt know it with how many TD's Zach threw lol Isnt he up to like 9 on the day?

I had the same reaction, although I think a lot of the TDs came in 7 on 7 red zone drills.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

It’s really unbelievable.

Becton is soft because the team is likely holding him out with a minor injury...in May-June OTAs.

Got it.

If this was the first time then you are correct. But he couldn’t stay on the field last year pulling himself out of games. Did that not happen? It did. He’s soft, hopefully he gets better in Saleh’s system and with the health and strength program they put together. But as of last year and right now calling him soft is far from unbelievable. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

to be fair crusher has been calling him baby poop soft way before OTAs. 🤣

Only because he is. He had some  great moment last year like against Donald and Bosa but then he’s pull himself out if he has the sniffles. Amazing potential but soft, like baby poop. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If this was the first time then you are correct. But he couldn’t stay on the field last year pulling himself out of games. Did that not happen? It did. He’s soft, hopefully he gets better in Saleh’s system and with the health and strength program they put together. But as of last year and right now calling him soft is far from unbelievable. 

He’s, likely, being held out by the team.  If this were training camp and he was in danger of missing week 1?  I’d be concerned.  Coaches and trainers holding him out for what is, likely, a tickle?  Yawn.

• Upvote 3
43 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He had impressive spurts. Tackles are supposed to play every down. Thats why they took him as high as they did.

Wirfs started 20 games. There’s your benchmark. Or go back to Brick too. Expect these guys to play, play banged up, and help the team win

This is all I was saying. Kid flashed greatness against tip top  rushers. He needs to toughen the hell up period, can’t block anyone if your not on the damn field. 

• Upvote 2

Jets OTA: Mostly solid day for QB Zach Wilson. A couple of nice balls to RB Michael Carter and WR Elijah Moore. End-zone INT in 7-on-7, but ball went off Vyncint Smith's hand. A near-INT in another red-area drill ... Stats: 8-for-14 in 7-on-7, 2-for-2 in 11-on-11 ... INTs by S Lamarcus Joyner (Mike White) and CB Michael Carter II (Wilson) ... "Sack" by DE John Franklin-Myers ... WR Corey Davis (shoulder) present, but DNP. Absent: DE Carl Lawson, G Alex Lewis, others.

Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

But he couldn’t stay on the field last year pulling himself out of games

Maybe he misses Gase, I mean, bullying Gase a la carte Manning.

• Haha 1

I have been wasting time for years following these practice notes and Tweets and in the past it has always seemed like the defense was always beating up on the offense and that the QBs were throwing INT after INT.  Definitely sounds encouraging so far.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, choon328 said:

He's already a better decision maker than Darnold. I'm so used to the Jets QB running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage or just chucking it up in those situations.

Wilson - Kroft touchdown in 7-on-7 RZ drill #Jets. Then a near interception on the next rep as Wilson tried to force one

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) June 2, 2021

maybe this is true, but can we wait?  How would anyone have any clue in June rookie Otas?

12 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I have been wasting time for years following these practice notes and Tweets and in the past it has always seemed like the defense was always beating up on the offense and that the QBs were throwing INT after INT.  Definitely sounds encouraging so far.

with sanchez, geno and darnold the ratio of tds to ints was usually very poor.  

• Like 1

I've long considered the Jets strength and conditioning staff and programs to be a weakness, not a strength. It will be interesting to see if the upgrades JD/RS are making in that area produce improved outcomes. May take a whole season to measure but it would be a big step forward. Just think, if you knew the Jets were strong in this area you would be safe in guessing that Becton is a pussy vs just idly speculating about it.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1