Jets 6/2 OTAs are open to the media.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Good stuff indeed.  But same way I am not going to overreact to a couple of guys missing a practice in June, I am also not going to overreact to some good plays in June.  Following the tweets is fun, nice to be able to talk football, but I need to see it on the field against a hostile "D" before I buy in all the way.

^^This

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly my point and if this were the regular season. 

You think being held out of an June 1 OTA is the same as being held out of gameday?  

Or if they were given the day for some personal reason 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I remember many of us saying the same thing with Darnold, circa 2018.

You know what makes me sad as a Darnold truther? That at this junction in Darnold’s rookie year he looked bad in practice and any positive instance was spun to be “improvement.” Meanwhile Zach is playing well and I’m getting tingly but I can’t actually compare the two because Zach going from “legit” to a “good rookie” is a negative while Darnold got to go from “swimming” to “showing flashes”

FWIW(and granted it might be not worth anything) some of the verbiage being used right now for impressions on Lawrence from Jags OTAs include " growing pains".  

Now who knows what that means, and I could only find limited info from Jags reporters, but that was the term one of them used.

Thankfully we haven't seen that one yet on our end.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You think being held out of an June 1 OTA is the same as being held out of gameday?  

Or if they were given the day for some personal reason 

Nope never said that. 

My point is about the injuries. 

If this were the regular season Zach Wilson would be expected to win games throwing to JAG WR's. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

FWIW(and granted it might be not worth anything" some of the verbiage being used right now for impressions on Lawrence from Jags OTAs include " growing pains".  

Now who knows what that means, and I could only find limited info from Jags reporters, but that was the term one of them used.

Thankfully we haven't seen that one yet on our end.

That’s what you heard a lot with Darnold. 

This fan base isn’t excited enough about Wilson. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope never said that. 

My point is about the injuries. 

If this were the regular season Zach Wilson would be expected to win games throwing to JAG WR's. 

And the point is if it were the regular season the WRs would probably be playing.  If they were injured badly they would have said as much.  Davis has a mild shoulder sprain for example/

You cant put 10 WRS on a roster because players, who are regularly given a day, were off today.

Its June 2nd, relax

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And the point is if it were the regular season the WRs would probably be playing.  If they were injured badly they would have said as much.  Davis has a mild shoulder sprain for example/

You cant put 10 WRS on a roster because players, who are regularly given a day, were off today.

Its June 2nd, relax

If these top 3 WR's starters are injury prone JD better put extra WR's on the roster. 

Crowder isn't injury prone.

Or we can keep dragging in the WR of the week and expect great results from Zach Wilson. 

2 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Wilson - Kroft touchdown in 7-on-7 RZ drill #Jets. Then a near interception on the next rep as Wilson tried to force one

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) June 2, 2021

maybe this is true, but can we wait?  How would anyone have any clue in June rookie Otas?

It's called a "joke"

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If these top 3 WR's starters are injury prone JD better put extra WR's on the roster. 

Crowder isn't injury prone.

Or we can keep dragging in the WR of the week and expect great results from Zach Wilson. 

No they werent.

Want to replace them?

Its OTA, not games.  Relax