Jump to content

Jets 6/2 OTAs are open to the media.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Y’all need to relax. It’s OTAs. I’m hearing Zach this. Zach that. Jets fans already calling him the GOAT. It’s June. Give it two more weeks before we start talking about the GOAT. For now, j

Took off from work for my birthday today.  Jets OTA's @ 11:00 A.M? ✓ NY Knicks Playoffs GM 5 @ 7:30 and @ home in MSG? ✓  Today is going to be an awesome day of NY Sports for me! 🙏

OTAs = Overreaction Time Again at JN

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Zach Wison throwing to a bunch of JAG WR's  it seems. (V.Smith,Berrios) 

JD go get him a legit #1 WR and a decent TE. 

Keep in mind the top 3 WR Davis, Crowder, Mims were out today.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lith said:

Good stuff indeed.  But same way I am not going to overreact to a couple of guys missing a practice in June, I am also not going to overreact to some good plays in June.  Following the tweets is fun, nice to be able to talk football, but I need to see it on the field against a hostile "D" before I buy in all the way.

^^This

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly my point and if this were the regular season. 

You think being held out of an June 1 OTA is the same as being held out of gameday?  

Or if they were given the day for some personal reason 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Seems like we got a stud QB 

I remember many of us saying the same thing with Darnold, circa 2018.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Any reason he threw that sidearm?

Because, much like holding a gun, it looks cooler that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I remember many of us saying the same thing with Darnold, circa 2018.

You know what makes me sad as a Darnold truther? That at this junction in Darnold’s rookie year he looked bad in practice and any positive instance was spun to be “improvement.” Meanwhile Zach is playing well and I’m getting tingly but I can’t actually compare the two because Zach going from “legit” to a “good rookie” is a negative while Darnold got to go from “swimming” to “showing flashes”

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly my point and if this were the regular season. 

If i hear that during the regular season. Im gonna bust a blood vessel. Your right though. It's just OTA's.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW(and granted it might be not worth anything) some of the verbiage being used right now for impressions on Lawrence from Jags OTAs include " growing pains".  

Now who knows what that means, and I could only find limited info from Jags reporters, but that was the term one of them used.

Thankfully we haven't seen that one yet on our end.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You think being held out of an June 1 OTA is the same as being held out of gameday?  

Or if they were given the day for some personal reason 

 

Nope never said that. 

My point is about the injuries. 

If this were the regular season Zach Wilson would be expected to win games throwing to JAG WR's. 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

FWIW(and granted it might be not worth anything" some of the verbiage being used right now for impressions on Lawrence from Jags OTAs include " growing pains".  

Now who knows what that means, and I could only find limited info from Jags reporters, but that was the term one of them used.

Thankfully we haven't seen that one yet on our end.

That’s what you heard a lot with Darnold. 

This fan base isn’t excited enough about Wilson. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly my point and if this were the regular season. 

Not sure any team in the league would be ok with their top 3 receivers out. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Any reason he threw that sidearm?

That’s his throwing motion. He throws the ball from around 10/11 o’clock. This was the case in college as well.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope never said that. 

My point is about the injuries. 

If this were the regular season Zach Wilson would be expected to win games throwing to JAG WR's. 

 

And the point is if it were the regular season the WRs would probably be playing.  If they were injured badly they would have said as much.  Davis has a mild shoulder sprain for example/

You cant put 10 WRS on a roster because players, who are regularly given a day, were off today.

Its June 2nd, relax

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lith said:

I had the same reaction, although I think a lot of the TDs came in 7 on 7 red zone drills.

Oh!...well I guess they don't count then :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And the point is if it were the regular season the WRs would probably be playing.  If they were injured badly they would have said as much.  Davis has a mild shoulder sprain for example/

You cant put 10 WRS on a roster because players, who are regularly given a day, were off today.

Its June 2nd, relax

If these top 3 WR's starters are injury prone JD better put extra WR's on the roster. 

Crowder isn't injury prone.

Or we can keep dragging in the WR of the week and expect great results from Zach Wilson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

 

Wilson - Kroft touchdown in 7-on-7 RZ drill #Jets. Then a near interception on the next rep as Wilson tried to force one

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) June 2, 2021
 

maybe this is true, but can we wait?  How would anyone have any clue in June rookie Otas?

It's called a "joke"

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If these top 3 WR's starters are injury prone JD better put extra WR's on the roster. 

Crowder isn't injury prone.

Or we can keep dragging in the WR of the week and expect great results from Zach Wilson. 

No they werent.

Want to replace them?

Its OTA, not games.  Relax

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Any reason he threw that sidearm?

Is this incessant negativity and team bashing going to be all offseason or just until these rough 7 days are over?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...