Jets 6/2 OTAs are open to the media.

23 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Stop it. Just stop it already. You are full of s**t and you know it. 

Mims started 9 games. So right there you are already exaggerating. I think when you play more than half the season its unfair to say you 'barely' played. Its not like he played 3 or 4 games. The dude, as a rookie, missed camp and preseason, and got injured. So he he missed a bunch of games. 7 to be exact. He didn't 'barely play'. 

Becton played 14 games and I only remember him taking himself out in ONE game, where he felt chest pain. I believe there was another game where the coaching staff took him out due to injury. Please SPECIFY the CONSTANT times that Becton TOOK HIMSELF out of games. I'll wait. It's nonsense. 

He missed a game with a cold and tapped out of numerous games. Did you watch any of the season?

heres his game log:

88820CAE-1BBF-464A-8D77-55487F16E62C.jpeg

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He missed a game with a cold and tapped out of numerous games. Did you watch any of the season?

heres his game log:

88820CAE-1BBF-464A-8D77-55487F16E62C.jpeg

Got hurt in Week 3, tried to play week 4 but couldn't make it through the game. Then sat out the next two games with that same injury. Gsse was criticized for how he handled that injury. He should have never suited up for week 4.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/03/new-york-jets-look-bad-mekhi-becton-injury-denver-broncos-week-4/

November 9th against NE he had the chest issue, he was having trouble breathing. They kept him out for precautionary reasons and played the next week.

1 real injury that was mishandled by the coaching staff. Stop with your nonsensical narrative. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Got hurt in Week 3, tried to play week 4 but couldn't make it through the game. Then sat out the next two games with that same injury. Gsse was criticized for how he handled that injury. He should have never suited up for week 4.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/03/new-york-jets-look-bad-mekhi-becton-injury-denver-broncos-week-4/

November 9th against NE he had the chest issue, he was having trouble breathing. They kept him out for precautionary reasons and played the next week.

1 real injury that was mishandled by the coaching staff. Stop with your nonsensical narrative. 

Great. Hopefully he shows up to the next practice. Maybe two in a row. 3 would be a streak. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Great. Hopefully he shows up to the next practice. Maybe two in a row. 3 would be a streak. 

He never once throughout 3 seasons missed a single NCAA game due to injury. 

Only a clueless fan would label Becton as "injury prone" all because he missed a couple of games during an offseasonless 2020 due to a worldwide pandemic. 

This is Football. A physical sport. Injuries happen every week. To every team. 

Only a clueless football fan labels a kid as injury prone after only his rookie season. 

He lined up and played in 14 games (left two early). Stop acting and pretending if he's coming off an ACL injury or something, well, you know.... SERIOUS!

Joe Burrow can now be considered injury prone and/or serious concern for his future; Mekhi Becton isn't. 

Genius. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

First off all, it's voluntary. He doesn't have to show up. It's collectively bargained that way for a reason. If he was hurt he would've been with Mims on the sideline. His total absence, like Crowder, was probably a pre planned absence. It happens all of the time around the league. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

I believe there was another game where the coaching staff took him out due to injury.

He injured a knee and the staff pulled him.  He argued that he could play, wanted to play

Matt has an agenda.  He pulled himself out of many games and dont forget when he did play he was mediocre.  I love when a so called fan argues why a player didnt really play well

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Then will you stop making shlt up about players you obviously have no clue about?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Becton should be there because everything is brand new. Duh!  Crowder too.  If it was a dif situation maybe it’s okay.  New QB, new coaches and new offense.  You have a responsibility if nothing else but to not be behind the rest of the team

It's voluntary. They actually don't have a responsibility to be there

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, flgreen said:

DJ writes for the NYDN.  Same place Cimini, and Mehta worked.  He was the same guy who last OTA said "Wilson was holding the ball way to long"   All the other scribes went out of their way to say it wasn't true.

Expect a lot of negative reporting from him.  

The new Daily News writer is a self professed Dolphins fan. I wouldn't expect any positive stories about the Jets unless it's nearly impossible to write something negative

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, choon328 said:

It's voluntary. They actually don't have a responsibility to be there

Everyone knows it's voluntary, just like the other 80+ players that actually showed up. Most importantly, it is a leadership trait. Their presence would have been appreciated. It also speaks volume about their passion to the team and the game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Everyone knows it's voluntary, just like the other 80+ players that actually showed up. Most importantly, it is a leadership trait. Their presence would have been appreciated. It also speaks volume about their passion to the team and the game.

No, it really doesn't. So Davante Adams, Juju, Chase Claypool, Dont’a Hightower, Stephon Gilmore, Devin McCourty and Trent Brown all hate football and their teams? They all skipped OTA's this year. I'm sure I can come up with at least 50 more guys if you'd like. 

• Upvote 1

Rookie impressing

The Jets were thrilled to get Wilson and Vera-Tucker, and couldn’t believe Moore was waiting for them in the second round. The player they’re most excited about, though: DB Michael Carter. The Jets had a very, very high grade on him, believing their scheme would perfectly accentuate his versatility and athleticism, while his personality and leadership blossomed in the locker room.

Last week, Javelin Guidry and Elijah Campbell received a bulk of the work at nickel corner. Carter took a ton of those reps on Wednesday, and it will be interesting to see if that continues Friday. The Jets clearly want him to seize the job. It’s going to be his when he’s ready, which is likely why the team hasn’t signed any of the veteran nickel corners (Brian Poole) still available in free agency.

Quick hits and tidbits

• RB Michael Carter might not start the season as the lead back, but it won’t be long before the job is his. He received the first rep in each of the individual drills, and rotated in after Coleman in team work. He, like Moore, is so elusive after he gets the ball in his hands. He does this little jump-cut in the open field that is fun to watch. The big thing with him is patience. He needs to learn when to wait, and when to take the opening. That comes in time, but there is undeniable physical talent there. The early running back rotation looks to be Coleman, Carter and Ty Johnson, with LaMical Perine and Josh Adams working in later.
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

Perfectly stated. When the rest of your teammates are there, and you're not, you stick out like a sore thumb.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

No, it really doesn't. So Davante Adams, Juju, Chase Claypool, Dont’a Hightower, Stephon Gilmore, Devin McCourty and Trent Brown all hate football and their teams? They all skipped OTA's this year. I'm sure I can come up with at least 50 more guys if you'd like. 

This is not  rocket science. What benefits the team, show or no show? I think it's obvious.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Bronx said:

This is not  rocket science. What benefits the team, show or no show? I think it's obvious.

That's how I feel, too.  Especially with a new HC and rookie QB, why wouldn't a player want to start developing rapport?  Get immersed immediately into the new scheme/mindset/philosophy?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Crazy part becton has been to OTA how else would we get the pictures of him and AVT . He missed the media Session. Which is once a week and means nothing. 

Exactly.  Becton was there.  This pic is from last week.  No idea why he is not there now.  Maybe he is banged up, maybe some other personal reason.  I would rather see that he is there and healthy and working out with the team, but he isn't.  Its June.  I will worry if he is missing practices in August.

Mekhi and AVT lookin scary. Via @nyjets on Twitter. : nyjets

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

You're trying to say Becton isn't passionate about football or the Jets and obviously you're wrong. That was the point of my post. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

That's how I feel, too.  Especially with a new HC and rookie QB, why wouldn't a player want to start developing rapport?  Get immersed immediately into the new scheme/mindset/philosophy?

Because they arent required to and are heading into 8 months straight of football.  If they need time to get something done and over with its now.  Thats why they negotiated these get togethers as OTAs.  Doest mean they dont care, arent motivated to win game or whatever fans can come up with

For all the appearances of being a tough and demanding HC Judge projects himself as, only 43 Giants showed up to camp.  Over 80  for the Jets.  

• Upvote 2

You're trying to say Becton isn't passionate about football or the Jets and obviously you're wrong. That was the point of my post. 

Actions speak louder than words. 

Plus this..

The early returns on Saleh are encouraging, as the Jets have averaged about 80 players at each voluntary practice. While some teams dialed back their offseason activities, acquiescing to the concerns of players, the Jets are proceeding with their schedule after a "good collaboration on both sides," Saleh said. That says a lot about him and the support from the locker room.

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Plus this..

The early returns on Saleh are encouraging, as the Jets have averaged about 80 players at each voluntary practice. While some teams dialed back their offseason activities, acquiescing to the concerns of players, the Jets are proceeding with their schedule after a "good collaboration on both sides," Saleh said. That says a lot about him and the support from the locker room.

It is what it is. Just cross your fingers and Becton is ready to go for camp. Just my feeling is he’s a bit of a flake and I’m not confident.

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Plus this..

That actually doesn't say anything about him bc you don't know why he's not there. Does it say the same thing for Crowder?? Stop assuming. I'm sure Saleh will be asked about it tomorrow at his press conference. 

Hearing that jordan love looks awful in 11 on 11s.  Throwing multiple ints, getting sacked etc.  Its ugly.

Many here are poo pooing what Zach Wilson is doing in OTAs but they should not.  It is very exciting and encouraging that he looks this good this early.  

Every squirrel finds a nut and somehow we stumbled into the holy trinity: Douglas/Saleh/Wilson

Enjoy Jet fans.  We have finally done it!

• Upvote 1

That actually doesn't say anything about him bc you don't know why he's not there. Does it say the same thing for Crowder?? Stop assuming. I'm sure Saleh will be asked about it tomorrow at his press conference. 

There are no assumptions. Look at my avatar. I am just disappointed that he didn't show up or the other missing vets.Look at the rookies without a singed contract and showing up. It's common sense and easy to understand.

6 hours ago, Lith said:

Exactly.  Becton was there.  This pic is from last week.  No idea why he is not there now.  Maybe he is banged up, maybe some other personal reason.  I would rather see that he is there and healthy and working out with the team, but he isn't.  Its June.  I will worry if he is missing practices in August.

Mekhi and AVT lookin scary. Via @nyjets on Twitter. : nyjets

This is just a guess, and pure speculation,  but looking at this picture, as we all know Becton is a VERY BIG man.  So is AVT, in the area of 325#.  AVT looks in great shape for a big guy.  Becton looks a bit sloppy.  

During one of the pressers one of the scribes asked Saleh about a rumor that Becton was in the area of 380#  Saleh went on about that the staff was working with him, and he would find his weight.

It is a bit odd that Becton has been here, but not for media access,  Just wondering if maybe he is up around 380, and right now the Jets don't want him exposed to the media knowing there will be a major Blah-blah-blah if he is that heavy, and have asked him to stay away on media days.  IDK, it;s all I got.  :)  

• Thumb Down 1