Jets 6/2 OTAs are open to the media.

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

There are no assumptions. Look at my avatar. I am just disappointed that he didn't show up or the other missing vets.Look at the rookies without a singed contract and showing up. It's common sense and easy to understand.

Guys, lets be honest.  The Big Softy got nicked up and isnt practicing.  Its not rocket science.

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

This is just a guess, and pure speculation,  but looking at this picture, as we all know Becton is a VERY BIG man.  So is AVT, in the area of 325#.  AVT looks in great shape for a big guy.  Becton looks a bit sloppy.  

During one of the pressers one of the scribes asked Saleh about a rumor that Becton was in the area of 380#  Saleh went on about that the staff was working with him, and he would find his weight.

It is a bit odd that Becton has been here, but not for media access,  Just wondering if maybe he is up around 380, and right now the Jets don't want him exposed to the media knowing there will be a major Blah-blah-blah if he is that heavy, and have asked him to stay away on media days.  IDK, it;s all I got.  :)  

Can someone unretire this guy and make him Becton's personal trainer!

Screenshot_20210603-172346.png

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lith said:

Exactly.  Becton was there.  This pic is from last week.  No idea why he is not there now.  Maybe he is banged up, maybe some other personal reason.  I would rather see that he is there and healthy and working out with the team, but he isn't.  Its June.  I will worry if he is missing practices in August.

Mekhi and AVT lookin scary. Via @nyjets on Twitter. : nyjets

They have the new Fitness and wellness organization within the Jets who are supposed to be making custom plans for each player. Maybe they decided they want him to lose some weight before practicing all out?

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, flgreen said:

This is just a guess, and pure speculation,  but looking at this picture, as we all know Becton is a VERY BIG man.  So is AVT, in the area of 325#.  AVT looks in great shape for a big guy.  Becton looks a bit sloppy.  

During one of the pressers one of the scribes asked Saleh about a rumor that Becton was in the area of 380#  Saleh went on about that the staff was working with him, and he would find his weight.

It is a bit odd that Becton has been here, but not for media access,  Just wondering if maybe he is up around 380, and right now the Jets don't want him exposed to the media knowing there will be a major Blah-blah-blah if he is that heavy, and have asked him to stay away on media days.  IDK, it;s all I got.  :)  

No, they mentioned that Becton played near 380 lbs last year and if they would ask Becton to lose weight bc of the new zone scheme. That's when he said hes working to find a good weight for this offensive scheme. Saleh also mentioned how weight doesn't really matter its about maximizing quickness and power without losing either. Basically finding a happy medium.  Becton is a special athlete even at 380 lbs. It had nothing to do with his appearance this year. 

Hearing that jordan love looks awful in 11 on 11s.  Throwing multiple ints, getting sacked etc.  Its ugly.
Many here are poo pooing what Zach Wilson is doing in OTAs but they should not.  It is very exciting and encouraging that he looks this good this early.  
Every squirrel finds a nut and somehow we stumbled into the holy trinity: Douglas/Saleh/Wilson
Enjoy Jet fans.  We have finally done it!

I agree, and I don’t see why? Maybe because he was SO GOOD last week? I mean he threw one interception, but it should have been caught.

Another thing that I don’t hear most in the media mention (except Connor Hughes): Zach is taking EVERY snap with the first team offense. I mean, that just does not happen typically at this stage in OTAs. Certainly not with the Jets. He is going AGAINST our starting defense. Missing his top three WRs. We all saw the recap of Darnold’s first week of OTAs back in 2018 in another thread. He “looked lost, had multiple interceptions, multiple sacks, was not made available to the media afterwards,” etc. none of that here with Zach. And I am not sure about this, but almost positive Sam was NOT going against first team defense, as we had Uncle Josh and Teddy here.

Listen, Zach could go out and have a horrible practice tomorrow, but as of right now, you have to be pleased with what you are seeing from this kid IMHO.

29 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I agree, and I don’t see why? Maybe because he was SO GOOD last week? I mean he threw one interception, but it should have been caught.

Another thing that I don’t hear most in the media mention (except Connor Hughes): Zach is taking EVERY snap with the first team offense. I mean, that just does not happen typically at this stage in OTAs. Certainly not with the Jets. He is going AGAINST our starting defense. Missing his top three WRs. We all saw the recap of Darnold’s first week of OTAs back in 2018 in another thread. He “looked lost, had multiple interceptions, multiple sacks, was not made available to the media afterwards,” etc. none of that here with Zach. And I am not sure about this, but almost positive Sam was NOT going against first team defense, as we had Uncle Josh and Teddy here.

Listen, Zach could go out and have a horrible practice tomorrow, but as of right now, you have to be pleased with what you are seeing from this kid IMHO.

Hes the one we have been waiting for.  When u hit a home run at GM, coach and qb, you win super bowls.

We have done it.  Enjoy the ride fellas.  Its our time!