Moore from the book of Elijah

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I was trying to tell everyone about this kid 6 months ago back in December of 2020...

We got ourselves, an awesome one! 

We all knew the talent he had… I just didn’t think we’d be drafting a slot with pick 34. Happy to have him but thought we’d be going Qb, Edge, OL in that order. A Guard at #14 kind of blew my draft plan out of the water. 

41 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

We all knew the talent he had… I just didn’t think we’d be drafting a slot with pick 34. Happy to have him but thought we’d be going Qb, Edge, OL in that order. A Guard at #14 kind of blew my draft plan out of the water. 

I think that video puts the idea of Moore as only a slot WR to rest.  He can absolutely burn man coverage deep.  

• Upvote 1

Connor Hughes on Moore

https://theathletic.com/2628566/2021/06/02/jets-practice-report-zach-wilsons-reps-elijah-moores-talent-and-the-read-on-both-michael-carters/

Dynamic playmaker

Moore had a nice practice, getting much more involved than last Thursday. Aside from the curl mentioned above (he did fall trying to shake a defender), the rookie receiver caught two touchdowns in the 7-on-7 red-zone drills. The first came on a quick slant where he burned the defender (couldn’t tell who because, again, poor vantage point) off the line. The second came in the next 7-on-7 period when he and Wilson connected on a rollout.

Moore is going to be worth watching in the coming weeks and months. It’s still so early, but you can tell he’s more dynamic than anyone the Jets have had in recent years. Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker were great, but Marshall was a physical freak and Decker a technician. Quincy Enunwa was athletic, but, like Marshall, more of a physical guy. Moore has more talent in his left leg than Jermaine Kearse, Jeremy Kerley, Chad Hansen, ArDarius Stewart and Devin Smith ever did.

What makes Moore different is his elusiveness. It’s fun to watch. He’s going to be one of those players where you just want the ball in his hands because, once it is, he’s going to put on a show.

Oh! One more thing: Moore has a cannon for an arm, too. He fielded a punt, then jogged around the right side of the field. The assistants in charge of returning the ball were on the other end of the sideline. Moore, without crow hopping, tossed one the full length. It wouldn’t be much of a surprise to see the Jets take advantage of that trait in the regular season.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

True, true;

image.png.d3bcec9d5bdf9f1df3008819baf7acab.png

I'm just getting my off-season brag on Boozer because it's an awesome feeling as a fan to have drafted two players who I really wanted for many of months in both Elijah Moore and Hamsah Nasirildeen. 

(because usually I have my heart set on playmakers like DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson and Dalvin Cook etc; who we've always passed on early on!)

(To walk away with both in the 2nd and 6th rounds had me going nuts). 

With Elijah Moore  (@ 5'10/178 lbs) he's built like a Coles (5'11/200 lbs) and moreso a Santana Moss type (5'10/193 lbs).

In other words, he's a smaller/quicker type WR; and NYJet fans will absolutely love him (already do). 

However with Elijah Moore (5'10/178 lbs) he plays a lot more like an NFL's current modern version of TYREEK HILL (5'10/185 lbs).

He's an explosive route runner with awesome hands and his 4.35 speed makes him downright deadly. He's lightning quick. Extremely strong. And blazing fast;

and he'll become an NFL household name in, 4.35 seconds (overnight). 

As an ACC crazed fan (FSU) and also as an SEC rabid fan (living down here in the South since H.S) what caught my attention about Elijah Moore is as a Jets fan I was trying to scout our next WR hopeful within the ACC and SEC. 

I kept reading about the names of... And rightfully so. 

Kyle Pitts (Florida, TE, SEC, #4 overall). 

Ja'Marr Chase (LSU, SEC, #5 overall). 

Jaylen Waddle (Alabama, SEC, #6 overall).

Devonta Smith (Alabama, SEC, #10 overall). 

Kadarius Toney (Florida, SEC, #20 overall). 

Terrace Marshall Jr. (LSU, SEC, #59 overall). 

Amari Rodgers (Clemson, ACC, #85 overall). 

Etc. 

But then I came across...

To steal him @ #34th overall during the 2nd round was ????

I couldn't help but notice how he ranked #2 within the entire Nation in receptions with 86 catches (only behind Devonta Smith of Alabama) and also ranked #2 within the entire Country with 1,193 receiving yards (only behind Devonta Smith of Alabama). 

And unlike DeVonta Smith @ Alabama, who played within the same Offense as the likes of...

WR Jaylen Waddle (6th overall).

QB Mac Jones (15th overall).

LT Alex Leatherwood (17th overall). 

RB Najee Harris (24th overall). 

Center Landon Dickerson (37th overall). 

etc. 

Elijah Moore wasn't surrounded by A++ 1st round NFL offensive prospects while he absolutely destroyed the SEC (including ALABAMA. 11 receptions for 143 receiving yards). 

His QB Matt Corral is a really nice QB prospect who next year could go anywhere from 1st-4th round depending on if he eliminates his mistakes etc but Elijah Moore was surrounded by the likes of...

Royce Newman. OT. 4th round. 

Kenny Yeboah. TE. Undrafted. 

This kid is a freak of nature. 

When AJ Brown cries with emotions. Letting this kid know that AJ Brown himself, can't do what Elijah Moore can do? Considers Elijah Moore as being way better than himself?!? Moved him into his home with him because he saw something special in Elijah?

We got ourselves a special one. More than just labeled a slot receiver too; he's going to become an Offensive X-Factor within the form of an A+ Gamebreaking dynamic explosive weapon (for Zach Wilson). 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

With Elijah Moore  (@ 5'10/178 lbs) he's built like a Coles (5'11/200 lbs) and moreso a Santana Moss type (5'10/193 lbs).

In other words, he's a smaller/quicker type WR; and NYJet fans will absolutely love him (already do). 

However with Elijah Moore (5'10/178 lbs) he plays a lot more like an NFL's current modern version of TYREEK HILL (5'10/185 lbs).

mood erection GIF

• Haha 3