2021 JN Fantasy Football (ESPN)

JN Fantasy Football 2021  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should we make it a money league this year? (NOTE: Venmo would be the preferred method of payment)

• No
    • Yes, for $50 per player
    • Yes, for $40
    • Yes, for $30
    • Yes, for $20
    • Yes, for other amount (specify in thread)
  2. 2. Which playoff format do you prefer? (Keep in mind we expect this to end up a 12-team league again, but it could end up being 10)

• 6 teams, with 2 byes and 2-week playoff matchups
    • 4 teams, with no byes and 2-week playoff matchups
  3. 3. Are you OK with the "Superflex" concept that I've installed? (Essentially an extra flex spot which can go to a QB, RB, WR, or TE)

4. 4. Would you like to install a "Coach Win" concept, where a coach win earns you points and a coach loss loses you points?

On 8/14/2021 at 1:02 AM, Suffering since 77 said:

Sorry, somehow I missed this. I'm always down for playing. I understand that your established league is full, but i'm always interested if anything happens or for the future. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using JetNation.com mobile app

This may be a match made in Florian Park. Good luck

On 8/20/2021 at 8:27 AM, Dcat said:

Anyone interested in another league?  I have an opening due to an unexpected late drop-out.

• Upvote 1

On 8/10/2021 at 3:05 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Please also let me know if you would like to conduct this draft via Zoom or perhaps Microsoft Teams, as an offline draft.  

Are we doing a Zoom tonight to talk junk at each other or just straight online draft with a text message box?

• 3 weeks later...

Not that it matters because i'm steamrolling the league--

But one of the reasons i'm not crazy about this network/simpleton FANTASY platforms like ESPN - i can't pick up an IR player for my IR spot without cutting a player -- just to complete a simple transaction of demoting said player. That's software failure and its bush league.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Not that it matters because i'm steamrolling the league--

But one of the reasons i'm not crazy about this network/simpleton FANTASY platforms like ESPN - i can't pick up an IR player for my IR spot without cutting a player -- just to complete a simple transaction of demoting said player. That's software failure and its bush league.

I get that complaint fully.  Its annoying.

If a lot of you want to jump ship from ESPN next year, I'm totally understanding of that.  I just can't do it because all of my money leagues in football and baseball are on ESPN, and I'm just lazy and don't feel like using multiple platforms over the course of the fantasy season.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis @ElBarrioJets @Jet_Engine1 @heymangold @PS17 @JTJet @BornJetsFan1983 @kdels62 @32EBoozer

Question for another money league I'm in:  Who would you start as your Defense this week?  Browns (vs. HOU) or Patriots (@ Jets)?

Browns. 

I believe Houston comes crashing down. Jaguars suck. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Browns. 

I believe Houston comes crashing down. Jaguars suck. 

I think Houston comes crashing down too.  I've liked Tyrod for a while but he has so little to work with there.

Main reasons I'm entertaining Patriots D are:  1) Belichick feasts on rookie QB's, 2) Their D looks a lot closer to the 2019 version than the 2020 version, and 3) Our OL:  While I think it'll get a lot better over time, I don't know if we'll see dramatic improvement in Week 2.     

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis @ElBarrioJets @Jet_Engine1 @heymangold @PS17 @JTJet @BornJetsFan1983 @kdels62 @32EBoozer

Question for another money league I'm in:  Who would you start as your Defense this week?  Browns (vs. HOU) or Patriots (@ Jets)?

I go Browns as well. The team put up a good fight against Kansas City and should’ve won that game if it wasn’t for the punter. Now the coaching staffs have seen Tyrod they will know have a game plan against him. I am not very impressed by the patriots and they’re evil genious

**** ON A SIDE NOTE****
Please remember to request my opinion on whom to start on your entire roster when we’re scheduled to square off!!! Start Fitzmagic and Teddy B over Murray and Stafford

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I get that complaint fully.  Its annoying.

If a lot of you want to jump ship from ESPN next year, I'm totally understanding of that.  I just can't do it because all of my money leagues in football and baseball are on ESPN, and I'm just lazy and don't feel like using multiple platforms over the course of the fantasy season.

lol if ever a first world problem.

Def. Browns.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jeez, not only did @kdels62 get a monster game out of McLaurin last night, he also got 22 points out of his friggin Kicker!  If he'd have started Daniel Jones (30 points) as one of his 2 QB's he'd have gotten 74 points out of 3 players.  

Glad I'm not facing him this week.

I thought about starting Dan Jones, and changed my mind right before the game. I felt like it’d have been wrong to be a wimp about Wilson against the Pats. I started Jones in another league.

• Upvote 1

On 9/17/2021 at 11:55 AM, kdels62 said:

I thought about starting Dan Jones, and changed my mind right before the game. I felt like it’d have been wrong to be a wimp about Wilson against the Pats. I started Jones in another league.

There'd have been no shame in benching Wilson for this one.  Between our OL problems and how well Belichick does against rookie QB's, there's a good chance this will be a rough one for him.  But better days are ahead for sure.

Lots of injuries and poor play at QB this week.  Anybody need one?  Any of my QB's (Kyler Murray, Stafford, Bridgewater) can be moved, though it would of course take a lot to get Kyler, the current # 1 ranked QB in fantasy.    

I don't have any specific needs at the moment, though I'll be a little weak at TE until Pitts starts getting going, and like most of you, can always use help at RB.   

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Lots of injuries and poor play at QB this week.  Anybody need one?  Any of my QB's (Kyler Murray, Stafford, Bridgewater) can be moved, though it would of course take a lot to get Kyler, the current # 1 ranked QB in fantasy.    

I don't have any specific needs at the moment, though I'll be a little weak at TE until Pitts starts getting going, and like most of you, can always use help at RB.   

i'm sitting with Lamar and Hurts.... all good over in the Brothel

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah.... I'm pretty solid as well. Henry finally showed up after 6 quarters. 

My Wilson-Lockett and Cousins-Thielen double-dip combo is working better than I could have imagined. If Tua-Fuller turns into anything and Diggs and Naji get going I'm sitting pretty. Gronk was a late grab who I dropped but was able to get back from waivers.

• Upvote 1

On 9/17/2021 at 11:37 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Jeez, not only did @kdels62 get a monster game out of McLaurin last night, he also got 22 points out of his friggin Kicker!  If he'd have started Daniel Jones (30 points) as one of his 2 QB's he'd have gotten 74 points out of 3 players.  

Glad I'm not facing him this week.

It still would not have mattered!! My boys showed up big this week.... 199 points.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Big time showdown between @Paradis and I this week.  Currently the # 2 and # 3 teams in points thus far. 

@32EBoozer you better believe I'm coming for that top spot!

Considering our long and complicated history, which has formed the bonds of friendship..... I would expect nothing less!

Seattle vs. Minnesota will punch my ticket this week or destroy me. 4 players.

• Upvote 1