2021 JN Fantasy Football (ESPN)

JN Fantasy Football 2021  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should we make it a money league this year? (NOTE: Venmo would be the preferred method of payment)

• No
    • Yes, for $50 per player
    • Yes, for $40
    • Yes, for $30
    • Yes, for $20
    • Yes, for other amount (specify in thread)
  2. 2. Which playoff format do you prefer? (Keep in mind we expect this to end up a 12-team league again, but it could end up being 10)

• 6 teams, with 2 byes and 2-week playoff matchups
    • 4 teams, with no byes and 2-week playoff matchups
  3. 3. Are you OK with the "Superflex" concept that I've installed? (Essentially an extra flex spot which can go to a QB, RB, WR, or TE)

4. 4. Would you like to install a "Coach Win" concept, where a coach win earns you points and a coach loss loses you points?

35 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

@PS17 I see your name is Matt Becker...but based on your birthday I'm guessing you weren't the same Matt Becker I hung out with at Ft. Benning, A co. 1/18 Infantry Batt. Back in 1994-95.

? 

I was born in 1993. So no. I’m sure he was a great guy though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hate this format for the league. No offense to 80, its not you or the guys....but I got royally ****ed over on Sunday when Dak went out last second AFTER I lost Jameis for the year...tried to pick up another qb but it wouldn't let me, so I had to drop Dak to fill the spot (grabbed his backup and did ok), but then someone claimed him. **** this sh*t. Everyone hoarding QBs.... I have Siemien starting at this point.

Thanks, guys...? 

• Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The semi-final pairings are set!  Congrats to @Paradis (A Brothel in Paradise), @32EBoozer (Boozer's Snoozers), @BornJetsFan1983 (Wilsons of Anarchy), and @JTJet (New Zach City) for being our "Final 4".  

Since you 4 were also the top 4 in regular season points, that works out nicely, as 3/4 of you will receive winnings.

The pecking order for 3rd place (regular season points leader among the teams who do NOT reach the title match) are as follows:

1.  JTJet:  1470 points
  2.  BornJetsFan1983:  1454 points
  3.  32EBoozer:  1446 points
  4.  Paradis:  1422 points

Since JTJet and BornJetsFan1983 are facing off over the next 2 weeks, the loser of that matchup will end up taking home the 3rd place winnings of $75.   The loser of 32EBoozer vs. Paradis, unfortunately, is out of the money.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The semi-final pairings are set!  Congrats to @Paradis (A Brothel in Paradise), @32EBoozer (Boozer's Snoozers), @BornJetsFan1983 (Wilsons of Anarchy), and @JTJet (New Zach City) for being our "Final 4".  

Since you 4 were also the top 4 in regular season points, that works out nicely, as 3/4 of you will receive winnings.

The pecking order for 3rd place (regular season points leader among the teams who do NOT reach the title match) are as follows:

Since JTJet and BornJetsFan1983 are facing off over the next 2 weeks, the loser of that matchup will end up taking home the 3rd place winnings of $75.   The loser of 32EBoozer vs. Paradis, unfortunately, is out of the money.  

schwing GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thanks for laying it out plainly.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2021 at 6:17 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

haha schwing!! Good luck everybody!!

After the end of the first half last night I thought my goose was cooked. Najee Harris with 1.8 points, Kirk cousins with five points, Ben Roethlisberger with 2 1/2 points and KJ Osborn sitting at 1.7. The fact that they nearly got 80 points by the end of the game blows my mind. And cousins could’ve had two more touchdowns if Jefferson could hold onto the ball.

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

After the end of the first half last night I thought my goose was cooked. Najee Harris with 1.8 points, Kirk cousins with five points, Ben Roethlisberger with 2 1/2 points and KJ Osborn sitting at 1.7. The fact that they nearly got 80 points by the end of the game blows my mind. And cousins could’ve had two more touchdowns if Jefferson could hold onto the ball.

I have Jefferson in other leagues I thought I was going to have 50 burger!!

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I have Jefferson in other leagues I thought I was going to have 50 burger!!

Yeah he should have had two additional TD But he and cousins were so fractionally off that it was killing me.

I had Mattison locked in to start last night also which would’ve been five players in that game, but Dalvin Cook, like the little prick he is, decided to play. He must have himself in a few fantasy leagues.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Ok so I think me and @32EBoozer are facing each other for the championship right!! GOOD LUCK man I really wish I had a jet i could start on the team!!

I made that mistake with Crowder and he got me 2 pts. We are in the semifinals. New Zach City and Wilson’s of Anarchy the other. We will most likely get smoked by either of them but at least the winner of our contest is in the money

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@JTJet I went ahead and sent you your 3rd place winnings via Venmo.

Good luck to @Paradis and @BornJetsFan1983 in the finals!  

I assume BJF1983 won’t be picking up Braxton Berrios for the championship, eh?  ?

No chance lol but with all my injuries I might need a good WR 5 depth so who knows

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@JTJet I went ahead and sent you your 3rd place winnings via Venmo.

Good luck to @Paradis and @BornJetsFan1983 in the finals!  

I assume BJF1983 won’t be picking up Braxton Berrios for the championship, eh?  ?

thanks, been a weird playoffs stretch with covid cases poppin...  Gotta say though, really not a fan of the way ESPN manages their IR. can't even make a move right now.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Congrats to @BornJetsFan1983 for winning the league title over @Paradis!  Thus the payouts are set:

1.  BornJetsFan1983 - $300
  2.  Paradis - $125
  3.  JTJet - $75

I already sent @JTJet his dues.  BJF1983 and Paradis, I just PM'd each of you as I need some info prior to getting you two paid.

I've already determined based on feedback received from several of you that ESPN was not the best platform, so unless there is an outcry demanding it otherwise, I think we'll shut this league down, and let Yahoo be the "official" platform of JN Fantasy Football next season, assuming @Patriot Killa wants to keep that one going.

Thanks for a great year everyone!

CC:  @ElBarrioJets @Jet_Engine1 @heymangold @PS17 @kdels62 @32EBoozer

Thanks for Commishing, 80! Two things. I’d prefer a 14 game regular season next year with weeks 15-17 being playoffs. The 11 game regular season felt way too short. And I’d be fine going back to a one QB format. In a redraft league with only 10 teams I didn’t love the 2QB lineups. 

Also, I’m fine with staying on ESPN but if others want to move to Yahoo that’s cool too - pretty indifferent here.

• Upvote 2